PDA

View Full Version : Is it dead?

rooster1969
07-09-2006, 11:59 PM
I know this is a new topic and maybe people just haven`t seen it yet but, The question still remains.Is romance dead? We live in a increasingly fast paced world. Does anyone still take the time for a good old fashioned courtship? I myself kind of like the idea of it, even though i`m not opposed to a one night stand or friends with benefits. They do lack a certain something.

Sweet
07-10-2006, 06:07 AM
I think romance is still alive for a "handful" of us........but the vast majority, I agree....it's gone. But you have to think......we are creatures of habit.....products of our environment.......if we didn't grow up learning it, chances are, you're not practicing it now.

One thing that DRIVES ME NUTS.....what happened to guys opening doors for ladies??????????????????? I realize I live in one of the RUDEST cities in the world......but jeez Louise.........that in itself (for me personally)....is very important in itself. Am I crazy?? :confused:

ET
07-10-2006, 06:14 AM
I almost always open the door for my wife. I used to do it on the car all the time too, would walk to her door, unlock it from her side and open the door.....that sort of went away when we got a new car with electronic locks.

Sweet
07-10-2006, 06:18 AM
Yeah....I don't remember what movie that was from....when they say if he/she reaches over and unlocks the door, he/she is a "keeper." LOL I used to do that all the time too....until my husband became a jerk. :cool:

ET
07-10-2006, 06:22 AM
so now you just try to lock him out instead?

Sweet
07-10-2006, 06:24 AM
so now you just try to lock him out instead?

Have you been peeking?????? :p

ET
07-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Have you been peeking?????? :p

Only from my picture...you know where that is.

love2suck
07-10-2006, 05:40 PM
I know this is a new topic and maybe people just haven`t seen it yet but, The question still remains.Is romance dead? We live in a increasingly fast paced world. Does anyone still take the time for a good old fashioned courtship? I myself kind of like the idea of it, even though i`m not opposed to a one night stand or friends with benefits. They do lack a certain something.
i do have one night stands, but also love to be romanced, only finding it harder to find men who like to "romance" me instead of just wanting to fuck me.....

rooster1969
07-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Interesting ..... Let`s keep em coming. The movie in question is A Bronx Tale. It was just on a couple of weeks ago.

cknstl <3's stinky cock
07-11-2006, 06:20 AM
i do have one night stands, but also love to be romanced, only finding it harder to find men who like to "romance" me instead of just wanting to fuck me.....
i'll romance you.the old saying 'wine you dine you 69 you'.i'll even open the door for you

biguypgh
07-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Hmmm Romance.... it is like Art and it is fading fast. In todays Society everything is "right now" "the click of a button" in a flash" and Romance is not that fast/quick or instant; sorry to say. Romance is like life in slow motion.... you see it in your mind but it plays out in Life "Reallllllllllllllll" slow sort of like Heinz Ketchup -- anticipation! (Can u tell I am from Pittsburgh, Pa home of Heinz Ketchup and Heinz Field- Oh, where we are having the All-Star games this Year, this week even tho the Pirates sucked this Season). Heck theres not even Romance in Sex anymore, it is wham,Bam Thank you Ma'am.

I used to send Ladies that I wanted to date Flowers but they "ALL" said that was a sign of being gay, real Men don't send flowers... Hah, now I have some of those Ladies telling Me how much they liked getting those flowers because the Men they chose did not or don't do that for them.... Ah, such a pitty.

Courtship has died when our Grandparents of the 60's & 70's had died... and I fear it will never come back unless the whole world stops and smells the flowers in life and slows down a bit. Oh well, who am I; just a romantic at heart that was raised by a loving Mother... that is not gayness or weakness... it is Courtsey and People should learn the difference.

BlkKitty
07-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Hmmm Romance.... it is like Art and it is fading fast. In todays Society everything is "right now" "the click of a button" in a flash" and Romance is not that fast/quick or instant; sorry to say. Romance is like life in slow motion....

I truly agree with that statement and will add also, that people have become so lackluster and complacent that they are okay with the ordinary and shun the extraordinary. I have notice a lack of detail in people’s lives. They surround themselves with the trivial and let the important things slide. I was told by a person, and for their stupidity they shall remain nameless, that I lacked commitment. I informed this person what they called a lack of commitment I refers to as standards. Not everyone is yours and not everyone deserves or can appreciate the beauty that is you, so why bother with people who are here for the night. (This is not to minimize the necessity for happy hoes in our lives, they too have a purpose, but that is a different subject).

I think that what a lot of people fail to realize is that love is cultivated, so find you a farm. LOL But really, you have to keep that going, try new and creative ways of impressing your significant other, if for no other than just seeing if you can out do yourself. It has always been my aspiration to see if I can make my partner “bust a nut” with out touching them, just from the seer experience.

And lets be honest not everyone’s definition of love is the same. Ah! That is my next forum. Peace out Homie Locs.

biguypgh
07-14-2006, 12:54 AM
I truly agree with that statement and will add also, that people have become so lackluster and complacent that they are okay with the ordinary and shun the extraordinary. I have notice a lack of detail in people’s lives. They surround themselves with the trivial and let the important things slide. I was told by a person, and for their stupidity they shall remain nameless, that I lacked commitment. I informed this person what they called a lack of commitment I refers to as standards. Not everyone is yours and not everyone deserves or can appreciate the beauty that is you, so why bother with people who are here for the night. (This is not to minimize the necessity for happy hoes in our lives, they too have a purpose, but that is a different subject).

I think that what a lot of people fail to realize is that love is cultivated, so find you a farm. LOL But really, you have to keep that going, try new and creative ways of impressing your significant other, if for no other than just seeing if you can out do yourself. It has always been my aspiration to see if I can make my partner “bust a nut” with out touching them, just from the seer experience.

And lets be honest not everyone’s definition of love is the same. Ah! That is my next forum. Peace out Homie Locs.

I could not have said it better BlKKitty... People can't even have good old fashioned conversation these days... if you are in a chat room all you get is "A/S/L or what r u into" no1 seems to realize that there is more to you than just sex with you. Now that don't mean that I do not like sexual pleasures I get mines but if ppl can't carry on fulfilling conversations anymore then how in the hell can they be romantic or have romance. Romance is anything from feeding each other your ice cream in public to setting up a nice table in a secluded park with good linens and china, candles, some soft music and having Dinner for just the two of you. People need to use their imaginations and be creative. Having standards is not lacking anything... you behold so much because you were tought by your parents to have standards and why settle for less than that in life.

Art
07-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Hmmm Romance.... it is like Art and it is fading fast. In todays Society everything is "right now" "the click of a button" in a flash" and Romance is not that fast/quick or instant; sorry to say. Romance is like life in slow motion.... you see it in your mind but it plays out in Life "Reallllllllllllllll" slow sort of like Heinz Ketchup -- anticipation! (Can u tell I am from Pittsburgh, Pa home of Heinz Ketchup and Heinz Field- Oh, where we are having the All-Star games this Year, this week even tho the Pirates sucked this Season). Heck theres not even Romance in Sex anymore, it is wham,Bam Thank you Ma'am.

I used to send Ladies that I wanted to date Flowers but they "ALL" said that was a sign of being gay, real Men don't send flowers... Hah, now I have some of those Ladies telling Me how much they liked getting those flowers because the Men they chose did not or don't do that for them.... Ah, such a pitty.

Courtship has died when our Grandparents of the 60's & 70's had died... and I fear it will never come back unless the whole world stops and smells the flowers in life and slows down a bit. Oh well, who am I; just a romantic at heart that was raised by a loving Mother... that is not gayness or weakness... it is Courtsey and People should learn the difference.
I am not fading fast I'm just tired!
I still bring my Girl flowers, still get the door for her, and still try to make sure she has to peel herself off of the ceiling from time to time. Granted life is busy, but ya still gotta make time to live it.

DVLS_ADVT
07-21-2006, 11:04 AM
The first time I met my wife, without asking her name I just walked up to her and slaped her in the face. That way she could never complain about me not treating her like I use to. LOL (just a joke, 4 those who dont know me) :D

Gort
07-21-2006, 05:40 PM
http://images.jokaroo.com/3/dead-cupid.jpg

johnnybegood
07-21-2006, 06:40 PM

Romance is not dead nor will it ever be! as long as people like myself are around, to bring it through and to its renaisance... :cool:

Romance is not fleeting, nor temporary, or only something done in courtship. I

It is a way of life for you and you lover, like a flame that no matter how cold or blustery life (or a relationship) becomes, it cannot be extinguished.

Romance is a way of life, an expression of the value that two people hold for each other, it is a way of remembering each other and showing each other each day how much you treasure each other.

Romance in my feeble mind is two people devoted to each other for the duration of thier time together, hopefully the duration of thier lives...

Romance is UNCONDITIONAL UNENDING DEVOTION and LOVE or an expression thereof!

Is it dead? NO! but the fact is that in our fast paced, instant gratification, half assed, persion bizzare exitence, it is overlooked and underated by many, and my heart truly goes out to those small people because the best part of life in a realtionship is passing them by!

Ok I have passion. :rolleyes:

But as long as there is life in my body and breath in my lungs Romance will never die... And my wish is, that when my final breath comes, it is spent saying I love you to my love...

Long live romance! For it is more powerful than any Monarch, President or Dictator...

These views are editorial comments of the coolest motherf*cker in the land and are not necessarily the view of other or this station... :cool:

Sorry for the Son's of bithces that cannot agree!

Hopeless Romantics live long beyond thier time... And I will pass this to my children! :cool:

I hope my fellow romantics will too, then we will leave a legacy and ensure that romance will never die!

Johnny B.

A hopeless and timeless romantic! ;)

Sweet
07-22-2006, 06:15 AM
Very nice Johnny B!! Very nice...........

ET
07-26-2006, 08:48 AM
These views are editorial comments of the coolest motherf*cker in the land and are not necessarily the view of other or this station... :cool:

so....who wrote this then?....J/K!!! :D

johnnybegood
07-26-2006, 08:21 PM
so....who wrote this then?....J/K!!! :D

Moi... The dude that is soo cool he wakes up with frost on his balls...

And OBTW, Romance is cool... :cool:

saracengage
07-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Romance is not dead nor will it ever be! as long as people like myself are around, to bring it through and to its renaisance...

It is a way of life for you and you lover, like a flame that no matter how cold or blustery life (or a relationship) becomes, it cannot be extinguished.

Romance is a way of life, an expression of the value that two people hold for each other, it is a way of remembering each other and showing each other each day how much you treasure each other.

Romance in my feeble mind is two people devoted to each other for the duration of thier time together, hopefully the duration of thier lives...

Is it dead? NO! but the fact is that in our fast paced, instant gratification, half assed, persion bizzare exitence, it is overlooked and underated by many, and my heart truly goes out to those small people because the best part of life in a realtionship is passing them by!

Ok I have passion.

quoted

I agree to the answer posted. Romance is still alive and kicking out there waiting to bloom ahead.

http://rochelle0214.livejournal.com/510.html
or join to this site and spread the thread (http://www.q121.com/freestuff)

johnnybegood
07-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Romance is not dead nor will it ever be! as long as people like myself are around, to bring it through and to its renaisance...

Ok I have passion.

quoted

I agree to the answer posted. Romance is still alive and kicking out there waiting to bloom ahead.

http://rochelle0214.livejournal.com/510.html
or join to this site and spread the thread (http://www.q121.com/freestuff)

Thanks for the validation... us hopeless Romantics need to stick together and propogate this notion... :cool:

AngelaBunny
07-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Moi... The dude that is soo cool he wakes up with frost on his balls...

And OBTW, Romance is cool... :cool:

Hrmm, I dunno about the frost. :p

caudadraconis
07-28-2006, 10:17 PM

Romance isn't dead; it's on life support. ^.~ j/k

Seriously, I think there are still a good number of people who still strive to maintain old-school courtship (of course, old-school courtship is a subjective term).

There is no doubt that life moves pretty fast these days, and, as we've seen throughout the advancement of technology, the ways to find that special someone have advanced along with it: look no further than boards like these or those numerous online matchmaking services. Online courtships can take quite awhile to form, much like the old letter-writing courtships from long ago.

However, what lacks here is the physical interaction (this is not to be confused with any sexual interaction) between the couple. Even in the old times, the couple could still be with each other as long as there was a chaperon involved. That is not the case these days, as mores and societal views have changed. However, that physical aspect does lack to a degree in the development of a relationship.

As for that certain lacking that one-night stands and friends with benefits has, I think it's a very simple answer: intimacy. A one-night stand is pretty self-explanatory, and the emotional content of the friends with benefits stage stops at a certain point. Some people may argue this, citing deep friendships that may exist; while this may be true, there are romantic contexts that may not exist in those types of friendships.

But, hey, what do I know? All I have is an opinion. ^.~

johnnybegood
08-01-2006, 08:11 AM
Romance isn't dead; it's on life support. ^.~ j/k

Seriously, I think there are still a good number of people who still strive to maintain old-school courtship (of course, old-school courtship is a subjective term).

There is no doubt that life moves pretty fast these days, and, as we've seen throughout the advancement of technology, the ways to find that special someone have advanced along with it: look no further than boards like these or those numerous online matchmaking services. Online courtships can take quite awhile to form, much like the old letter-writing courtships from long ago.

However, what lacks here is the physical interaction (this is not to be confused with any sexual interaction) between the couple. Even in the old times, the couple could still be with each other as long as there was a chaperon involved. That is not the case these days, as mores and societal views have changed. However, that physical aspect does lack to a degree in the development of a relationship.

As for that certain lacking that one-night stands and friends with benefits has, I think it's a very simple answer: intimacy. A one-night stand is pretty self-explanatory, and the emotional content of the friends with benefits stage stops at a certain point. Some people may argue this, citing deep friendships that may exist; while this may be true, there are romantic contexts that may not exist in those types of friendships.

But, hey, what do I know? All I have is an opinion. ^.~

Draco...

I have found your posts to be witty with intellectual content and substance...

However, I could not disagree more!!!!!! :eek:

Romance is not on life support!!!

Some have chosen to let it die in thier hearts or in thier lives for the alternative, shallow, meaningless and instant gratification relationships in that do seem to be more pervasive in the fast paced word of today.

Some have chosen to try pick a relation much like one shops for a head of lettuce, through the online venues of match.com and heartthobs R us...

Relationships and great Romances start slowly, they are slow meandering paths to be explored by the couple involved, they should not be like the express check-out at the local grocery store, get in, get it and get out!

Romance reveals itself gradually like a beautiful garden and should be enjoyed and reveled in!

My heart aches for those whom have never experienced romance or the joys and sweet agonies associated with it, for while they may have light, they will never expereince the warmth of a candle.

Romance is truely a choice and something that should be taught and encouraged, so as a mentor to younger people I will try and influence them to enjoy a richer life through romance!

So, while I agree that true romance is not as common as are the empty relationships lacking it...

It needs to brought through a Renaisance, and people need to be reminded of that.

While I have my limited time on this planet, I will do my part to help the needy. :cool:

Long live Romance!!!! ;)

robbiedouglas2005
08-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Romance isn't dead. It has to be the greatest thing in the world if you have the right partner.

Kaylan
08-17-2006, 12:35 AM
No, I don't think romance is dea, I do however feel that its much harder to find or to come by as of late, tis a shame though, I would love a box of chocolates or a guitar serenade.......... :p

mere_male
08-17-2006, 03:49 AM
romance is NOT gifts it's holding hands and sharing little moments in life

mind you though sex is good as well

Mom
08-18-2006, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE=mere_male]romance is NOT gifts it's holding hands and sharing little moments in life

for once you got it right - you may just be redemable

muffdiver13
08-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Although the right gift at the right time can be romantic. I'm going to be sending something to a ladyfriend soon. It's something she needs for her work, but would never take the time to buy. I know how much it will mean to her when it shows up. She will know the thought behind it and it will be that much more appreciated.

AngelaBunny
08-19-2006, 09:56 AM
Awe Muff, are you sending this special lady friend a tazer gun? Id personally like a bullet proof vest! But you know me and my sick fetishes! Heh.. anyway, I am so happy you found lurrrrrrrrrrve! :p

muffdiver13
08-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Awe Muff, are you sending this special lady friend a tazer gun? Id personally like a bullet proof vest! But you know me and my sick fetishes! Heh.. anyway, I am so happy you found lurrrrrrrrrrve! :p
No, nothing as fun as a taser, nor quite as practical as a vest (they probably have givn her a better one than I can afford). But a little something she mentioned as wishing she had, but she probably won't think of getting for herself. ;)

muffdiver13
08-30-2006, 10:23 AM
I did a little romance CPR this week. My friend has been having a few worries as I untangle my life. She was a little miffed this weekend and I could tell when I called her last night. Lo and behold last night when she got home from work, on the dinning room table were the roses I sent her. I had sent them last week and they weren't supposed to be delivered until tomorrow. The came early and at just the right moment. Timing is everything!

AngelaBunny
12-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Romance is not dead nor will it ever be! as long as people like myself are around, to bring it through and to its renaisance... :cool:

Ok I have passion. :rolleyes:

But as long as there is life in my body and breath in my lungs Romance will never die... And my wish is, that when my final breath comes, it is spent saying I love you to my love...

Long live romance! For it is more powerful than any Monarch, President or Dictator...

Sorry for the Son's of bithces that cannot agree!

Hopeless Romantics live long beyond thier time... And I will pass this to my children! :cool:

I hope my fellow romantics will too, then we will leave a legacy and ensure that romance will never die!

Johnny B.

A hopeless and timeless romantic! ;)I love you, babe..

SolarFlare
12-28-2006, 07:09 AM
And it can be alive for you too... if you let it. You just have to open your heart ( to the right one ) !

john32810
01-03-2007, 12:45 PM
romance and intimacy is absolutey crucial to a loving relationship or for that matter good sex