PDA

View Full Version : Romance on the internet

Mom
09-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Is it possible? Is it real? Tell me your views?

Distant lover come to me
Though you are far way
Come to me in my sleep
When the night creeps
And when shadows are deep

My sleeping mind calls to you
Slip into my dreams like a shadow
Hold me close to you
And love me till the morn

And when the day breaks
And you are no longer by my side
I will remember you
Remember your night caress

And until we meet again in dreams
My love
Remember me

AngelaBunny
09-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Beautiful Poem, Mom! And yes, I believe it is very real.. Infact, you should jump on some Net lovin! I encourage it..:p

Mom
09-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Beautiful Poem, Mom! And yes, I believe it is very real.. Infact, you should jump on some Net lovin! I encourage it..:p

You know this shit comes to me at the oddest time - like tonight cooking supper and missing my "netman". I am jumping just as hard and fast as I can. We spend hours a day on the net talking to one another - about everything - strange I never spent that much time talking to another human being in my life.

AngelaBunny
09-08-2006, 05:18 PM
You know this shit comes to me at the oddest time - like tonight cooking supper and missing my "netman". I am jumping just as hard and fast as I can. We spend hours a day on the net talking to one another - about everything - strange I never spent that much time talking to another human being in my life.Awe, well I hope you two get a chance to meet.. I wouldn't happen to know this "netman" would I? lol

Once you fall inlove, poetry can take you over real fast... I know my netman and I write all kinds of things back and forth to each other.. I so love waking up to see his sweet words every morning *swoons*

Mom
09-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Awe, well I hope you two get a chance to meet.. I wouldn't happen to know this "netman" would I? lol

Once you fall inlove, poetry can take you over real fast... I know my netman and I write all kinds of things back and forth to each other.. I so love waking up to see his sweet words every morning *swoons*

Damned if I know

AngelaBunny
09-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Damned if I knowLOL is he someone from.. here?

Mom
09-08-2006, 05:26 PM
LOL is he someone from.. here?

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies. Besides I love all the guys here. And I just told cowboy that if he was 20 years older I would make him wish he never heard of "MOM"

AngelaBunny
09-08-2006, 05:29 PM
Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies. Besides I love all the guys here. And I just told cowboy that if he was 20 years older I would make him wish he never heard of "MOM"LOL, you're a wild one!

Mom
09-08-2006, 05:37 PM
LOL, you're a wild one!
No not really wild, just truthful about how I feel and I will "tell you how the cow ate the cabbage" in a second.

AngelaBunny
09-08-2006, 05:40 PM
LOL and we wouldn't wnat it any other way! That's why we love you around here, Darlin'!

Mom
09-08-2006, 05:45 PM
now how many other southern sayings would you like to hear

"Handy as a pocket on a shirt"
"So far back in the woods we pipe in daylight"
"Mean as a woofus" - A woofus is a dog with a head on both ends - he cannot shit
"Horney as a three peckerd goat"
"Dumb as a well rope"
"Cold as a well diggers ass"
"She is dumb as a box of rock, but honey, she is so sweet"

By they way, if you preface any insult with "Honey" it is acceptable.

should I continue?

johnnybegood
09-08-2006, 05:46 PM
LOL and we wouldn't wnat it any other way! That's why we love you around here, Darlin'!

Yep uh huh...what she said, she speaks my heart too... Bunny you can start and finish my sentences... :cool:

johnnybegood
09-08-2006, 05:47 PM
now how many other southern sayings would you like to hear

"Handy as a pocket on a shirt"
"So far back in the woods we pipe in daylight"
"Mean as a woofus" - A woofus is a dog with a head on both ends - he cannot shit
"Horney as a three peckerd goat"
"Dumb as a well rope"
"Cold as a well diggers ass"
"She is dumb as a box of rock, but honey, she is so sweet"

By they way, if you preface any insult with "Honey" it is acceptable.

should I continue?

Im personally teachin her Texas darlin... And she is a quick study! :cool:

Mom
09-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Johnny, I speak 2 languages: Texan and a passable English - Texas is a whole nother world and a whole nother language.

johnnybegood
09-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Johnny, I speak 2 languages: Texan and a passable English - Texas is a whole nother world and a whole nother language.

Yep it might even be the 6th Romance language... :cool:

Mom
09-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Yep it might even be the 6th Romance language... :cool:

Do you think we could get congress to pass a law classifying Texan as a second language in our schools.

johnnybegood
09-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Do you think we could get congress to pass a law classifying Texan as a second language in our schools.

Hell Mom, Congress couldnt pass a kidney stone... but...

As Texans When have we ever cared aout Congress! :cool:

Mom
09-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Hell Mom, Congress couldnt pass a kidney stone... but...

As Texans When have we ever cared aout Congress! :cool:

I know but we can always try and I think you and I can teach some of those other folks out there to talk Texan.

STUDMAN
09-12-2006, 02:17 PM

Distant lover come to me
Though you are far way
Come to me in my sleep
When the night creeps
And when shadows are deep

My sleeping mind calls to you
Slip into my dreams like a shadow
Hold me close to you
And love me till the morn

And when the day breaks
And you are no longer by my side
I will remember you
Remember your night caress

And until we meet again in dreams
My love
Remember me

How do I love thee, let me count the ways....

Mom
09-12-2006, 02:34 PM

But did you did not answer the question.

SIMMCO
09-12-2006, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=Mom]But did you did not answer the question.[/QUOTE

four year ago i was talking in a chatroom to a woman in florida , i live in cleveland , we had so much in common , i flew down to fla to meet her , we hit it off , she move in with me six mounts later , it has been 4 years now and we plan to get married in vegas this december , so yes , i will say it can happen :)

Mom
09-12-2006, 07:11 PM

four year ago i was talking in a chatroom to a woman in florida , i live in cleveland , we had so much in common , i flew down to fla to meet her , we hit it off , she move in with me six mounts later , it has been 4 years now and we plan to get married in vegas this december , so yes , i will say it can happen :)
good for you and good for her

muffdiver13
09-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Nice and interesting thread. I would say yes. Look at the budding romances here including yours!

kellbell05
09-12-2006, 07:23 PM
It can happen... :)

johnnybegood
09-12-2006, 07:25 PM

Four year ago i was talking in a chatroom to a woman in florida , i live in cleveland , we had so much in common , i flew down to fla to meet her , we hit it off , she move in with me six mounts later , it has been 4 years now and we plan to get married in vegas this december , so yes , i will say it can happen :)

My Story...

I happened on a thread, here and started casually chatting and then before you know it I was enthralled...

I resisted it, fought it, but then I realized it was like fighting the tides...

I gave in but, I never thought my happily ever after would come not here or anywhere, I had resigned myself to a life alone and the hopes of my children.

I thought that my emotions were dead, but my very special love resurrected in me, life, love and feelings I had denied for 8+ years... She brought beauty and passion, and romance back into my life.

We have met once, and have more meeting planned until we can be together permanently, we have come to realize our love is timeless and we talk of a dreamlike future.

And to beat all, she is a Wolverine, and I'm a buckeye, but at least we'll wear each others teams sweat shirts to the games...

I love her soooo...

And so Romance on the internet exists and dreams can come true... :cool:

Mom
09-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Nice and interesting thread. I would say yes. Look at the budding romances here including yours!
I fear mine has gone down the toilet or at least is on hold.

muffdiver13
09-12-2006, 07:30 PM
WHAT????????????????? Please say it ain't so! I thought you had something going there!

foxracermenace
09-14-2006, 10:57 AM
I fear mine has gone down the toilet or at least is on hold.
I believe in it.

johnnybegood
09-14-2006, 12:30 PM
I believe in it.

Have you been lurking for 18 months...

Just out of curiosity how old are you! :cool:

foxracermenace
09-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Have you been lurking for 18 months...

Just out of curiosity how old are you! :cool:
Im 26.
Sorry but I work alot and rarely get online.

johnnybegood
09-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Im 26.
Sorry but I work alot and rarely get online.

No need to be sorry, just curiuos!

Party on chief! :cool:

wannabeexpert
09-14-2006, 07:41 PM
I believe you can find it. i found my husband that way. :)

Mom
09-14-2006, 07:48 PM
You go girl!

johnnybegood
09-14-2006, 07:57 PM

If you dont mind my asking...Details

How?

How long ago?

How long have you been together?

wannabeexpert
09-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Through Yahoo messenger

about 2 1/2 years ago

made 2 years 3 months ago

I waited 3 months before i would meet him. I think it was the best thing because i got to really know him mentally before i knew him physically.

muffdiver13
09-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Nice story wannabe! I think I would have found one had I not met this lady in person first.

STUDMAN
09-15-2006, 09:58 AM
Through Yahoo messenger

about 2 1/2 years ago

I waited 3 months before i would meet him. I think it was the best thing because i got to really know him mentally before i knew him physically.

Very encouraging.

johnnybegood
09-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Through Yahoo messenger

about 2 1/2 years ago

Kewl... Im happy for you and may you continue your bliss...

Question... and I belive this becuase I'm in a "internet started relationship..." Never for one minute thought Id be in one... I am very in love and so is she, but we esatblished an absolute honesty policy almost immediately... so I think that is part of our success...

Did you do the same????

In any case I think this is necessary in all relationships! :cool:

muffdiver13
09-15-2006, 10:34 AM

Question... and I belive this becuase I'm in a "internet started relationship..." Never for one minute thought Id be in one... I am very in love and so is she, but we esatblished an absolute honesty policy almost immediately... so I think that is part of our success...

Did you do the same????

That and I think you two have set some boundries and that is a great idea. I hope you two make it work.

johnnybegood
09-15-2006, 11:28 AM
That and I think you two have set some boundries and that is a great idea. I hope you two make it work.

Thanks Muff, I truely appreciate your sentiment and I know Ang will to.

We will make it, its too right to be wrong! :cool:

Mom
09-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Life truly is full of wonderful mysterious adventures. If you let it, the good things will usually come your way.

muffdiver13
09-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Life truly is full of wonderful mysterious adventures. If you let it, the good things will usually come your way.
I believe in this philosophy! It's worked for me.

dude
09-15-2006, 01:14 PM
I met my wife of 10 yearson the interweb. It works!

wannabeexpert
09-15-2006, 05:12 PM

Did you do the same????

Yes, but I also believe total honesty in any case should be standard. It was scary but exciting at the same time.

Cally
09-16-2006, 05:23 PM
the guy i have been with for the past 13 months is a man i met over the internet. let me tell you, we have an amazing relationship! i'm actually grateful that we were able to develop over the net, because that way, we had to learn early on how to communicate. that's the problem with a lot of couples, they've never learned that little thing that means so much in a relationship. and the first time we ever met in real life, there was none of that 'first date' awkwardness. everything was passion filled and really comfortable, because we knew each other so well from the very beginning.

STUDMAN
09-16-2006, 05:52 PM
the guy i have been with for the past 13 months is a man i met over the internet. let me tell you, we have an amazing relationship! i'm actually grateful that we were able to develop over the net, because that way, we had to learn early on how to communicate. that's the problem with a lot of couples, they've never learned that little thing that means so much in a relationship. and the first time we ever met in real life, there was none of that 'first date' awkwardness. everything was passion filled and really comfortable, because we knew each other so well from the very beginning.

good for you Cally....sounds romantic....

Cally
09-16-2006, 06:25 PM
it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO is! *gets all mushy*