PDA

View Full Version : Need advice!

cutebee
09-25-2006, 04:52 AM
I worked as an exotic dancer for almost 4 yrs. I was young and I really needed the money at the time. I recently got married to a wonderful man, I quit dancing last year, he owns a small renovation business and he loves the idea that I stay home but I'm becoming very restless, because I want to work but not as a dancer again. I want to get a "normal" job!

But I have a big problem, last time I had a real job was in 2001 . I don't have references and I don't want to write on my resume that I was an exotic dancer. I really need help and I don't know where to start. :confused:

>>Flyboy<<
09-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Have you done charity work or ever worked for your husband? Maybe that's a start?!?

dude
09-26-2006, 07:17 AM
I was an amployer for 4 years, and wouldn't have thought twice about hiring an exotic dancer, as long as she had the qualifications that I was actually looking for. Anything else and you not being honest on your resume.

I understand that there is a business side to dancing that I was unaware of until late, with renting dance time and whatnot. Focus more on that?

Calamitysmaster
09-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Now days you can get by with just saying " I was a house wife that managed the home, finances, cooking, cleaning and much more. I simply want to do something for myself and get out into the work world again." So much of our population is supporting "stay at home moms and wifes" that I don't think it would be a problem.

I wouldn't make it a concern until it becomes one. Good luck

phataway
10-20-2006, 02:49 PM
isn't it something like if it's within five years, it has to be on the resume in some way, otherwise forget it - the point is don't lie about it - but there's legitimacy now with teaching people pole dancing and things like that - that's entertainment and fitness and fudge that you taught some people things like that - who's that chick who popularized it for desperate housewives????? Take that approach

minnan
10-21-2006, 07:54 AM
I worked as an exotic dancer for almost 4 yrs. I was young and I really needed the money at the time. I recently got married to a wonderful man, I quit dancing last year, he owns a small renovation business and he loves the idea that I stay home but I'm becoming very restless, because I want to work but not as a dancer again. I want to get a "normal" job!

But I have a big problem, last time I had a real job was in 2001 . I don't have references and I don't want to write on my resume that I was an exotic dancer. I really need help and I don't know where to start. :confused:

Why don't you start up a business or freelance, teach dancing at home or any type of phyiscal classes. I think you should be a very good dancer with very nice figure. People will trust you. :)

jokurmind
10-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Well here is the situation: When you are applying for a job and in the section of the application where you are to write down your past employment you can do one of two things. 1) you can be totally honest and state that you were a performer or dancer which ever you prefer 2) you can lie about it and when they find out that you are lying to get the position, they will more than likely won't even consider you. Just remember any information on your application is CONFIDENTIAL and that no information from you application can be talked about or discussed with anyone else. My suggestion for you is to apply to be a dance teacher at a community center for kids or at the local park. Oh I do have a third suggestion for you. Be your own boss and provide dance lessons for kids and adults. Good luck and have fun. Life is to short not to have a good time doing what ever it is that you want to do.

thejoblady
11-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Hello,

I understand your predicament - if you email your information to taragowland @ aparnet.ca (if you have a resume that would be better) I can call yoou and go over some things youo can do and see how else I might be able to help you.

Tara