PDA

View Full Version : What is romance?

Curious Seeker
10-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Like the title states, What is romance? (or better yet what does romance mean to everyone?)

cheekylips
10-13-2006, 03:43 PM
It's love.

Curious Seeker
10-13-2006, 03:44 PM
It's love.

So you can't romance someone if you're not in love yet?

Mom
10-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Like the title states, What is romance?
Romance is THE dance. The dance that we all do; the dance that carries us away hopefully to the next step - love and/or sex.

Watch someone who is romancing another. The looks from one to the other; the change in voice. They bob and weave around the other person like a butterfly around a flower. One step back; two steps forward; Now fast; now slow; often extremely subtle but a dance none the less

BlkKitty
10-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Romance is THE dance. The dance that we all do; the dance that carries us away hopefully to the next step - love and/or sex.

Watch someone who is romancing another. The looks from one to the other; the change in voice. They bob and weave around the other person like a butterfly around a flower. One step back; two steps forward; Now fast; now slow; often extremely subtle but a dance none the less
Well stated.

WildeSpirit
10-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Like the title states, What is romance? (or better yet what does romance mean to everyone?)
Romance is when someone totally sweeps you off your feet. You can't stop thinking about that person when you aren't with them....looking forward to when you will see or talk to them again.

WildeSpirit
10-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Yes, you can.

cheekylips
10-13-2006, 05:32 PM
It's easy to say when you fell in love. But hard to pipoint when you fell out.

muffdiver13
10-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Romance is when someone totally sweeps you off your feet. You can't stop thinking about that person when you aren't with them....looking forward to when you will see or talk to them again.
It is that, but also those little things. Sending a card "Just because it's Tuesday". A silly gift that she loves and does not expect. Flowers when she is least expecting it. The phone call for no reason.

WildeSpirit
10-13-2006, 08:29 PM
It is that, but also those little things. Sending a card "Just because it's Tuesday". A silly gift that she loves and does not expect. Flowers when she is least expecting it. The phone call for no reason.
Sometimes those little things can make a big difference

Keiehart
10-13-2006, 08:53 PM

But there are those who never learn to dance or those born with two left feet. Still others have forgotten the steps. Surely they know what it is to dance, but cannot do so now.

Can one find romance like this? knowing what it is but not knowing how ?

muffdiver13
10-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Sometimes those little things can make a big difference
Yes they can.........I need to get a card and send it, it's Saturday.

cheekylips
10-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Love of an ideal. Don Quote loved from afar. Unrequited love.

muffdiver13
10-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Love of an ideal. Don Quote loved from afar. Unrequited love.
But is that romance? Romance is getting her that thing she wants but won't buy for herself, it's all the little things that make her smile.

cheekylips
10-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Muff, you are a romantic.

Chocalate darling
10-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Yes they can.........I need to get a card and send it, it's Saturday.
huh? oh I forgot the long-dgf :o

muffdiver13
10-15-2006, 01:03 PM
;) .................................xo

DJ Prophetic
10-16-2006, 01:43 AM
What is romance?

baby dont hurt me... no more...

WildeSpirit
10-16-2006, 06:55 PM
How else can you fall in love with someone unless you romance them first?

STUDMAN
10-16-2006, 07:00 PM
How else can you fall in love with someone unless you romance them first?

Well said W/S...

Sweet
10-17-2006, 07:20 AM
Romance comes in many forms to me. I'm not a materialistic person, therefore, flowers and cards are nice, but I'm more about the things that happen "just because." Let me explain...

The first time I went to STL to see Grizz, he got to the airport so early, I don't even think I was on the plane in Florida yet. :p

Everytime we see each other, the longing in his eyes....

When he cups my face every time he's about to kiss me...

When his fingers touch my skin it's like electricity throughout my soul...

When he calls me and says "I loooove you..."

The way he sweeps my hair off my shoulder to kiss my neck...

When he caresses my skin as I'm laying in his arms....

The way he makes me giggle...then sits there and watches me laugh, just to see me....

The passion in his eyes as we make love...

The way he makes me feel more complete than I ever have in my life...

THESE things to me or far more romantic to me then flowers or a card.
:o

Mom
10-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Romance comes in many forms to me. I'm not a materialistic person, therefore, flowers and cards are nice, but I'm more about the things that happen "just because." Let me explain...

The first time I went to STL to see Grizz, he got to the airport so early, I don't even think I was on the plane in Florida yet. :p

Everytime we see each other, the longing in his eyes....

When he cups my face every time he's about to kiss me...

When his fingers touch my skin it's like electricity throughout my soul...

When he calls me and says "I loooove you..."

The way he sweeps my hair off my shoulder to kiss my neck...

When he caresses my skin as I'm laying in his arms....

The way he makes me giggle...then sits there and watches me laugh, just to see me....

The passion in his eyes as we make love...

The way he makes me feel more complete than I ever have in my life...

Yes, Yes, Yes

Keiehart
10-17-2006, 09:52 AM
You are a lucky woman Sweet. And that's one lucky Bear.

Sweet
10-17-2006, 10:45 AM
You are a lucky woman Sweet. And that's one lucky Bear.
Thanks girlfriend. XO I am lucky...... he's an incredible, incredible man. I truly love him.... :o

johnnybegood
10-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Romance is a most precious jewel when found, but never sought!

Romance is the truest of feelings.

Romance is the expression or undying and unconditional love.

Romance is sweet surrender to ones inhibition of sharing themselves completely and totaly with they one the love.

Romance is a sweet and tender kiss, with the passion of the ages.

Romance is pain, when longing to be in the arms of the one you love.

Romance is joy in hearing thier voice, hearing their giggle or laughter.

Romance is the fullfilment of ones life with the love that they will share with only one person for all eterninty.

Romance is your happily ever after.

Romance is passion without words, feeling without tactile touch.

Romance is for me, My Bunny!

Romance ROCKS! :cool:

WildeSpirit
10-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Romance is pain, when longing to be in the arms of the one you love.

Very true

Keiehart
10-18-2006, 05:24 AM
I think of romance as the act of woo-ing and/or courtship. All the wonderful things i see described, i attribute to love, not necessarily romance. The two are intertwined, and rightfully so, but...is there romance without the everlasting love we often attribute to it?
What of the "summer romance?" or just a simple "romantic evening?" These are hardly "happly-ever-after" occurences, but they are romance all the same?

TheGrizz
10-18-2006, 11:27 AM

The first time I went to STL to see Grizz, he got to the airport so early, I don't even think I was on the plane in Florida yet. :p Hey, ya just never know when a flight might be 3 hours early now do you? It could happen:o And for whatever reason the plane wasn't early.... it wasn't for my lack of wishfull thinking.

Everytime we see each other, the longing in his eyes.... this may stem from extremely long periods of abstinence....

When he cups my face every time he's about to kiss me... if you could only know the feeling that comes over me when I do that....you would know why I love holding your face...

When his fingers touch my skin it's like electricity throughout my soul... I really wish I could explain this one, because I feel it too.

When he calls me and says "I loooove you..." This is merely a speech impediment..... I tend to strrrrretchhh myyyy worrrrds whennnn I get HORRRRRNNNNNYYYYY:o

The way he sweeps my hair off my shoulder to kiss my neck... just one of the many places I love to nuzzle my muzzle:p And OMG! your hair, don't get me started.... I love the way you......ooops, that's getting started isn't it?

When he caresses my skin as I'm laying in his arms.... if this bothers you, all I can say is, DEAL WITH IT!!!

The way he makes me giggle...then sits there and watches me laugh, just to see me.... just to see you smile...and what I have said all along is so true, you are cmpletely, 100%, clueless as to how beautiful you really are.

The passion in his eyes as we make love... again, deal with it.... because it will never change.

The way he makes me feel more complete than I ever have in my life... "ditto"

I love you

Sweet
10-18-2006, 12:33 PM
I love you

I love you............................ :o ...........................MORE! :D

STUDMAN
10-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Applause, applause.....

Mom
10-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Applause, applause.....
I love you not only for who you are, but for what you are when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but what you are making of me.
-- Roy Croft

STUDMAN
10-18-2006, 01:14 PM
I love you not only for who you are, but for what you are when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but what you are making of me.
-- Roy Croft

Standing ovation.

Mom
10-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Not my words but they seem to fit. Google Queening again

Gort
10-18-2006, 04:10 PM
http://www.endocrineweb.com/images/sugar.gif

quivers
10-18-2006, 05:04 PM
May you live a million years, and I one day less that I will never know this world without you.

unknown..

Mom
10-18-2006, 05:50 PM
T'is our Love that finds us!
And the glue that binds us!
And in this we know
that by faith we show
We are ever strong.
-- Ben Fox