PDA

View Full Version : Help I Got Screwed!

jboogie
10-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Recently, i was involved in a partnership at a small barbeque restaurant in pacific beach california and had one percent of the business by working enough hours to essentially buy shares in the company. I was working over eighty hours each week and running the whole restaurant. I was tricked into thinking that if i left as much of my wages as possible in the business it would help to make it profitable sooner. After four months of virtual volunteer work I was told not in so many words, but by the actions of my "partner" that there was not enough money for me even though he had been paying his rent and bills the whole time. This caused me to stop going to work there immediatly as to not accrue more hourly debt. Is there any way for me to redeem my wages, i only signed a contract two months into the job in order to recieve one half of one month's pay.

Scireland
10-13-2005, 01:45 PM
I would suggest calling the Better Business Nureau, and/or OSHA. Do they have a corporate office? If so, contact them as well. If this person you worked for is misusing company monies, I would definately get legal advice, including contacting the above forementioned organizations. I know there is something that can be done for this, and BBB & OSHA are your best bets.

Good Luck