PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot sucks as an employer.

Meconopsis3
10-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Don't believe me, go to:

http://www.retailworker.com

and read the threads. Don't get stuck in retail hell, go to college and get a real job. If you're gonna hate your job anyways, you might as well get paid good to do it.

Gunny
10-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Don't believe me, go to:

http://www.retailworker.com

and read the threads. Don't get stuck in retail hell, go to college and get a real job. If you're gonna hate your job anyways, you might as well get paid good to do it.
Are you kidding me? The Home Depot Forum at that site has been taken over by a bunch of fugitives from the Jerry Springer show and 90% of the posts are of the "you're a moron/no YOU'RE a moron type" replete with filthy language, vile namecalling and even threats of violence up to and including death threats as two factions of trolls vie for control of the entire forum.

If you like that kind of crap, by all means pop over there and plunge in, but if you want calm, rational discussion about employment issues, there are a hell of a lot better sites out there than that cesspool.

Meconopsis3
01-13-2006, 02:26 PM
Too many trolls at the other one then try:

http://www.meetretailworkers.com

or

http://www.retail-worker.com

At either site you'll see Home Depot is NOT the place to be.

:cool:

Rybrewha
02-02-2006, 04:15 PM
I agree, Home Depot does suck. I have a college education and was offered a job at the cheesiest place in Vallejo Ca. Then, after passing pre-employment qualifications I get a call one and a half hours before I'm scheduled to fill out the final paper work. They say, management is restructuring. Well-don't offer someone a job as you did myself, and... I turned down two offers because under my understanding I had the job. Home Depot' loss of a really well rounded and educated individual. They do suck.

AZKONG
02-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Guaranteed lowest prices day in and day out!

Also Home depot girl’s love to play!!!!!
:D

Meconopsis3
02-07-2006, 02:38 PM

And lowest instock inventory thanks to Bobby Nardelli!

:p

stvern5
03-24-2006, 09:19 AM
I agree, Home Depot does suck. I have a college education and was offered a job at the cheesiest place in Vallejo Ca. Then, after passing pre-employment qualifications I get a call one and a half hours before I'm scheduled to fill out the final paper work. They say, management is restructuring. Well-don't offer someone a job as you did myself, and... I turned down two offers because under my understanding I had the job. Home Depot' loss of a really well rounded and educated individual. They do suck.

Its been a nightmare for my husband and me. He applied to HD online. Never got a call even though we had TWO vested HD employees as references. Finally after I talked with managers we were able to determine that the website was down. they kept saying that his application wasn't updated. The site finally came back online after THREE MONTHS. Okay...then more phone calls. Finally he gets the interviews. Yea!!! he gets to go do the urine and background check. He's told he'll be called back. Three weeks no phone call and the HR person is avoiding him. I couldn't take it anymore so I called to ask to speak the GM. His assistant says that they did 'additional checks' on my husband. Yes he has a misdemeanor...but again nothing to do with the work or dishonesty. I asked (politely) about some sort of verification a letter or notification as to his disposition..The lady said he should get a letter from the "outside company" as to the situation of Home Depot's decision. I read that as he isn't hired. But why aren't the humans there kind enough to just say what they mean? I wasn't crazy about him going to work there..as I have not been satisfied with their service in a couple of years. But he needs a job. It was a huge waste of time and now he's depressed. (I get that) Who the hell are they hiring? I see people who are supposed to help customers who tell you they can't help and that its not their area. The HR people stink. (And I hope you read this you sorry excuses for managers!) You can't get a call back, you can't get a note, you can't get a letter, you can't get anything but that silly corporate speak. How disappointing that a fine American bred company like Home Depot can treat people like this. BTW I called corporate headquarters in Atlanta and either you are disconnected by the system or the operator is just cold. I asked with whom I was speaking and she said "this is the operator" I thanked her and asked for HR...I was connected to some guy in Merchandising who transferred me back to somebody who never called me. How rude!
I worked as a manager for years. And I also managed in retail. You get what you give. If you want good employees you must be a good employer. If you want business with humans you must be human. Thank you for letting me vent. It seems unfair though, I hired people who had trouble in the past onto my teams...and they were all the best EMPLOYEES I HAD. Nothing says compassion like a person with a second chance.

DryRiverOwl
03-24-2006, 07:25 PM
if you all think only home depot is a bad employer then you havent been working a very long time at all.... I was stupid enough to work for a protestic company in arkansas (l.r.) for almost 3 years till they brought a new "boss" in (will use that term very loosley too) that had a back ground in engineering in the marine industry???? havent a clue as to when boats and boobs went together???? But he did get that VP title which he must have wanted veryyyy baddly.... what really sucks about this whole thing is 2 got fired because the company was in financial trouble and needed to lay a few off, but then brain stormed and fired the 2 instead??? Then they lie about it too? Another nice fact also is the CEO of that company is living with (one of) the chancellor(s) of a medical college from here... this college is federally funded, and yet is helping a private company? Bed mates really do get ahead dont they??? And after calling everyone you can nothing is done about it?? there are laws today but who enforces them??????? :confused:

BALBOA12
10-18-2006, 11:04 AM

they seem to lie from the top down and stick with each other. customer service sucks. and i agree they lose, i have 16 years in the business. their loss! they seem to hire young 18 year old kids that walk around hand in hand and wonder when their next smoke break, food break or lunch is coming up. :mad: :mad: :eek:

Gort
10-18-2006, 12:36 PM
home depot's not so bad. i worked there for about three weeks.

i only quit because i moved from the city the store was in to get away from my alcoholic girlfriend.

\../Pwnx0r\../
10-18-2006, 02:57 PM

Wait. You go to Home Depot to meet women?

ET
10-18-2006, 11:11 PM
I wonder if there's a forum somewhere for Home Depot managers that talks about how bad all their former employees sucked. :D

WildeSpirit
11-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Its been a nightmare for my husband and me. He applied to HD online. Never got a call even though we had TWO vested HD employees as references. Finally after I talked with managers we were able to determine that the website was down. they kept saying that his application wasn't updated. The site finally came back online after THREE MONTHS. Okay...then more phone calls. Finally he gets the interviews. Yea!!! he gets to go do the urine and background check. He's told he'll be called back. Three weeks no phone call and the HR person is avoiding him. I couldn't take it anymore so I called to ask to speak the GM. His assistant says that they did 'additional checks' on my husband. Yes he has a misdemeanor...but again nothing to do with the work or dishonesty. I asked (politely) about some sort of verification a letter or notification as to his disposition..The lady said he should get a letter from the "outside company" as to the situation of Home Depot's decision. I read that as he isn't hired. But why aren't the humans there kind enough to just say what they mean? I wasn't crazy about him going to work there..as I have not been satisfied with their service in a couple of years. But he needs a job. It was a huge waste of time and now he's depressed. (I get that) Who the hell are they hiring? I see people who are supposed to help customers who tell you they can't help and that its not their area. The HR people stink. (And I hope you read this you sorry excuses for managers!) You can't get a call back, you can't get a note, you can't get a letter, you can't get anything but that silly corporate speak. How disappointing that a fine American bred company like Home Depot can treat people like this. BTW I called corporate headquarters in Atlanta and either you are disconnected by the system or the operator is just cold. I asked with whom I was speaking and she said "this is the operator" I thanked her and asked for HR...I was connected to some guy in Merchandising who transferred me back to somebody who never called me. How rude!
I worked as a manager for years. And I also managed in retail. You get what you give. If you want good employees you must be a good employer. If you want business with humans you must be human. Thank you for letting me vent. It seems unfair though, I hired people who had trouble in the past onto my teams...and they were all the best EMPLOYEES I HAD. Nothing says compassion like a person with a second chance.
Am I the only one wondering why if your husband was the one applying for the job, why you were the one making the follow up phone call? He couldn't call himself?

AZKONG
11-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Wait. You go to Home Depot to meet women?
worked there for two years and never taped more ass in one place!

bkamanski
12-04-2006, 03:26 AM
I loved some of the people I worked with but had a bad incident with a Manager. After breaking my back lifting 90lb concrete bags I blew out my back and could barely walk. It was 2 in the afternoon and I was off at 5. I asked if I could leave early. The first time I had ever requested and the manager asked why. Obviously he could not see the crippling back injury that now had me looking like a 90 year old man with scoleosis. He told me I would need a doctors note or I would get written up. I explained that I was making $10 an hour and a $70.00 doctor bill could hurt me financially to which he replied, then stop whining and finish your shift!

Never Have I Seen Such Compassion!
If I was able I would have knocked him out...

I have never liked any jobs I have ever had. I am currently working to build a nice income from home so I will never have to work for anyone ever again!

:p :)

3Ons
12-07-2006, 10:33 PM
I loved some of the people I worked with but had a bad incident with a Manager. After breaking my back lifting 90lb concrete bags I blew out my back and could barely walk. It was 2 in the afternoon and I was off at 5. I asked if I could leave early. The first time I had ever requested and the manager asked why. Obviously he could not see the crippling back injury that now had me looking like a 90 year old man with scoleosis. He told me I would need a doctors note or I would get written up. I explained that I was making $10 an hour and a $70.00 doctor bill could hurt me financially to which he replied, then stop whining and finish your shift!

Never Have I Seen Such Compassion!
If I was able I would have knocked him out...

I have never liked any jobs I have ever had. I am currently working to build a nice income from home so I will never have to work for anyone ever again!

:p :)

http://usera.imagecave.com/gog/bardspam.jpg

3Ons
12-07-2006, 10:42 PM

Wow. Not to be rude or contentious, but when I submit applications, either online or in person, I do not do it one-at-a-time and then sit-and-wait for months to 'hear' if I'm hired or NOT before submitting another.

I've also worked for HD-Inc. Nearly four years. There were good managers and, well, NONE OF THAT --- but a manager does NOT 'make the company.'

I support HD-Inc for they have employed hundreds of thousands, uplifting so many families and buying products locally and even in far away lands -- from other families -- that never had a chance to sell their goods until HD-Inc provided that opportunity to them, globally.

========================
Note: I put the 'spam' pic in because this really isn't about Home Depot, but kind people discussed it to be NICE, because the original post is a marketing-scam FOR PROFIT at your and my and HD-Inc's expense.

Kind Regards,
3ons

DVLS_ADVT
12-09-2006, 11:06 AM
How much does HD pay??I dont know! But if you need help? Stop by. I'll be in the plumbing section. I lay pipe real good! ;) :D

WildeSpirit
12-09-2006, 06:15 PM
I dont know! But if you need help? Stop by. I'll be in the plumbing section. I lay pipe real good! ;) :D
:p :D

DVLS_ADVT
12-11-2006, 06:59 AM
:p :DAll I get is a smiley face and a stick out of the toung?

WildeSpirit
12-11-2006, 05:31 PM
All I get is a smiley face and a stick out of the toung?
What more do you want from me?

fredfrisco
12-12-2006, 02:01 PM
What more do you want from me?

Could you tell me where the light bulbs are located?

WildeSpirit
12-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Could you tell me where the light bulbs are located?
You'll have to ask someone who works here. If you want my opinion, candles are more romantic.

DVLS_ADVT
12-14-2006, 03:10 PM
What more do you want from me?I cant tell you I'd have to show you!

WildeSpirit
12-14-2006, 05:50 PM
I cant tell you I'd have to show you!
Show me ;)

minnan
12-19-2006, 02:57 AM
It's how they have survived :D