PDA

View Full Version : Driving cars with ads

KenBalt
04-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Has anyone tried these websites about driving cars with ads on them? They claim that you can either use your own car or a company will GIVE you a new one. All you have to do is drive around like you normally do but with ads plastered all over your car. Pay rate is anywhere from $800 to $3,400 a month. They (whatever company is advertising) will pay for insurance and gas. The websites (I have seen two so far) charges $20 or $40 to register with them and they give you a list of companies that advertise on cars. Does anyone know if this is legit? I have seen people driving cars with ads on them but I never gave it much thought. Are these websites rip-offs or what? I've tried to find out through Dept Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau but no results. Sounds like a great way to make money but these websites charging money for the list of companies who advertise on cars sounds alittle fishy to me. Anyone out there have any feedback on this?

admin
04-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Has anyone tried these websites about driving cars with ads on them? They claim that you can either use your own car or a company will GIVE you a new one. All you have to do is drive around like you normally do but with ads plastered all over your car. Pay rate is anywhere from $800 to $3,400 a month. They (whatever company is advertising) will pay for insurance and gas. The websites (I have seen two so far) charges $20 or $40 to register with them and they give you a list of companies that advertise on cars. Does anyone know if this is legit? I have seen people driving cars with ads on them but I never gave it much thought. Are these websites rip-offs or what? I've tried to find out through Dept Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau but no results. Sounds like a great way to make money but these websites charging money for the list of companies who advertise on cars sounds alittle fishy to me. Anyone out there have any feedback on this?

I'd say it's a scam.

virtualmommyof1
04-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I agree. I would say SCAM too.

amasmom
04-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Its pretty much a scam. I've called, and after hounding the guy, I found out how you make money. This is about the place I called: you have to recruit 3people (or more) then they have to recruit 3or more. You get 18$for the first 3 you recruit, and 1$ for every other person recrutied. Other then that it sounded good. Supposidly you get tax exemptions on gas, lunch and car matenience. But the income depends on how many you get to sign up. And you have to pay a monthly fee, it was like 39$.

SerendipityBazaar
04-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Absolutely. Anything that requires you to invest for your own benefit like that, yes it is a scam.

biDwaY
05-30-2007, 03:04 AM
Some people find it easy to fall into these kinds of traps.

The Chevy Colorado 07 Catalog by Chevrolet (http://www.who-sells-it.com/c/automotive-chevrolet-367.html)

smilygirl
06-16-2007, 02:11 PM
I have never tried the driving cars with advertisements & get paid for it thing, but I often wondered if that was for real. Not all work at home things are scams like some people suggest. They have just been lumped into this category that has a bad rap.

I did buy a list from a company that provides you with a database of mystery shopping companies & market research companies that pay you for taking surveys about products in the food & retail industry & it did work for me.

That is what I do for a living at home & I make a decent income. It just takes a little while to get started. I have seen these driving car sites & thought it sounded like a cool idea, but I am not sure how I would feel about driving around town with some crazy advertisement ALL over my car. I think I would be embarrased to do that. But I have seen cars that have adverts on them, so I figured it was real. Or, why would people be doing it.

That is a good question. If anyone has actually tried this, I would like to know if it is legitimate.

Tina

RallyCat909
06-21-2007, 09:22 PM
When car companies want to test new and upcoming vehicles, they have a database of predetermined customers picked according to a multitude of demographics they are looking for. Anything from age, location in the country, what the buyer(s) have bought in the past, driving habits, interests, etc. They never hire an outside firm other than ones well-known like JD Power to do this for them. the amount of money they spend on car development and research isn't likely to be wasted on an unknown firm.

Basically, yeah, a scam. ;)