PDA

View Full Version : help finding a job.

needforspeed2003162@hotma
03-03-2005, 10:27 AM
I have a friend that has good grades , reasonable attendance, and needs a job to help pay bills. they live on grand and arsenal and would need to get there by the bus. they are 17, and a junior , currently studying aviation , but plans on being in social work , possibly d.f.s after college. any help or reccomendations appreciated. this is a st. louis posting, so please consider that. again thanks , and have a good day. :)

heavenlei
03-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Sometimes if a person begins as a volunteer it could turn into a paying job. I volunteered for the Salvation Army as it was court ordered. But, when my hours were up, they asked if I would still come help 2 times a week for pay...true story. If he's good at a particular subject, then he mite offer to be a tutor for cash and advertise at the local stores, his school or publications offering free ads.

>>Flyboy<<
03-16-2005, 11:15 AM
My major was aviation after high school as well. I made sure I got good grades when first enrolled in the program. Because of ths, one of my instructors got me a job at an aircraft salvage yard. It was great "starter" position, and although I didn't make a lot of money, it got me by. 28 years later I'm still in the aviation field and thank my lucky stars I got that first job and first bit of experience in aviation. When I started this school almost 28 years ago never did I believe this job was right under my nose! ;)

DaRoosh65
03-17-2005, 04:41 AM
With summer closing in, you might want to try taking a bus to either the Crestwood or South County Malls to apply at one of the stores there.

Sears and Famous Barr should be hiring for sales/cashiers and stock/receiving.

Also, you might want to apply at either Blockbuster or Hollywood Video stores... they're usually hiring. Otherwise, you may want to try a fast-food restaurant or a convenience store (7-11, or Quicktrip).

All of these are on the bus line. The pay will range anywhere from $5.50 to about $8.00, sometimes dependent upon your experience.