PDA

View Full Version : Why is anal called greek?

H-Town05
07-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Any one got any ideas?

John
07-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Do you really want to know?

R. Leatherette
07-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Any one got any ideas?

because of the intimate relations between older men and young boys in ancient Greece. Being 'in love' with a woman wasn't considered proper

H-Town05
07-10-2008, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't ask if I didn't

H-Town05
07-10-2008, 10:16 AM
because of the intimate relations between older men and young boys in ancient Greece. Being 'in love' with a woman wasn't considered proper

Oh... I think I just lost all my appetite to have "greek" relations with a woman:(

admin
07-10-2008, 10:18 AM
[/URL]"It's called America, dude. Learn the rules."
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0792156/)
"'Learn the rules?' No, YOU learn the rules. We Greeks invented democracy."
[URL="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0792156/"]
"You also invented homos!"

Laligal
07-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Google is a wonderful thing....

The term "Greek love" has long been used to refer to the practice, and in modern times, "doing it the Greek way" is sometimes used as slang for anal sex. However, homosexual anal sex was far from a universally accepted practice in Ancient Greece. It was the target of jokes in surviving comedies; Aristophanes mockingly alludes to the practice, claiming that "Most citizens are europroktoi (wide-arsed) now."[43] While pedagogic pederasty was an essential element in the education of male youths, these relationships, at least in Athens and Sparta, were expected to steer clear of penetrative sex of any kind. There are very few works of pottery or other art that display anal sex between older men and boys, leave alone with adult men. Most such works depict fondling or intercrural sex, which was not condemned for violating and feminizing the boys. Other sources make it clear that the practice was criticized as shameful,[44] and seen as a form of hubris.[45]

Two Roman males in a lupanar; Warren Cup, British MuseumIn later Roman age Greek poetry, anal sex became a common topos, represented as taking place with "eligible" youths: those who had attained the proper age but had not yet become adults. Seducing children into the practice was considered very shameful for the adult, and having such relations with a male who was no longer adolescent was considered more shameful for the young male than for the one mounting him. Greek courtesans, or hetaerae, are said to have frequently practiced heterosexual anal intercourse as a means of preventing pregnancy, a matter in dispute.[citation needed] The acceptability of anal sex thus varied with the time-period and the location, as Ancient Greece spanned a long time and stretched over three continents and two major seas.

For a male citizen to take the passive (or receptive) role in anal intercourse was condemned in Rome as an act of impudicitia (immodesty or unchastity). Free men, however, frequently took the active role with a young slave, known as a catamite or puer delicatus. In fact the Romans thought of anal sex as something specifically "Greek," although Roman men often availed themselves of their own slaves or others in this way

H-Town05
07-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Google is a wonderful thing....

The term "Greek love" has long been used to refer to the practice, and in modern times, "doing it the Greek way" is sometimes used as slang for anal sex. However, homosexual anal sex was far from a universally accepted practice in Ancient Greece. It was the target of jokes in surviving comedies; Aristophanes mockingly alludes to the practice, claiming that "Most citizens are europroktoi (wide-arsed) now."[43] While pedagogic pederasty was an essential element in the education of male youths, these relationships, at least in Athens and Sparta, were expected to steer clear of penetrative sex of any kind. There are very few works of pottery or other art that display anal sex between older men and boys, leave alone with adult men. Most such works depict fondling or intercrural sex, which was not condemned for violating and feminizing the boys. Other sources make it clear that the practice was criticized as shameful,[44] and seen as a form of hubris.[45]

Two Roman males in a lupanar; Warren Cup, British MuseumIn later Roman age Greek poetry, anal sex became a common topos, represented as taking place with "eligible" youths: those who had attained the proper age but had not yet become adults. Seducing children into the practice was considered very shameful for the adult, and having such relations with a male who was no longer adolescent was considered more shameful for the young male than for the one mounting him. Greek courtesans, or hetaerae, are said to have frequently practiced heterosexual anal intercourse as a means of preventing pregnancy, a matter in dispute.[citation needed] The acceptability of anal sex thus varied with the time-period and the location, as Ancient Greece spanned a long time and stretched over three continents and two major seas.

For a male citizen to take the passive (or receptive) role in anal intercourse was condemned in Rome as an act of impudicitia (immodesty or unchastity). Free men, however, frequently took the active role with a young slave, known as a catamite or puer delicatus. In fact the Romans thought of anal sex as something specifically "Greek," although Roman men often availed themselves of their own slaves or others in this way

Well I don't think I could have asked for a more descriptive answer... Oh well, I'll just call it anal from now on so I don't go limp thinking about it.

DVLS_ADVT
07-10-2008, 10:21 AM
because of the intimate relations between older men and young boys in ancient Greece. Being 'in love' with a woman wasn't considered properHe must have not seen the movie "Alexander" with Colin Ferrell.:rolleyes:

Gort
07-10-2008, 10:27 AM
[/URL]"It's called America, dude. Learn the rules."
(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0792156/)
"'Learn the rules?' No, YOU learn the rules. We Greeks invented democracy."
[URL="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0792156/"]
"You also invented homos!"

look at you, ghost world!

this might have to become a dave sheridan appreciation thread.

or not.

Gort
07-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Any one got any ideas?

also, why is anal sometimes referred to as "butt fucking"? :confused:

admin
07-10-2008, 10:52 AM
look at you, ghost world!

this might have to become a dave sheridan appreciation thread.

or not.

nphxcpl4fun
07-10-2008, 10:52 AM
ummmmmmmmm, ... because an greek chicks asshole is so hairy it was often mistaken for a pussy thus there was a lot of anal taking place by accident, ...

ewwwwwwwwwwwww

:D

Rider65
07-10-2008, 11:21 AM
I think I'm starting to figure out where the term "Opah!" comes from. :)

Francoitalianarmy
07-10-2008, 12:39 PM

Wonder where "corn-holing" came from... Laligoogle-gal go go!

Rider65
07-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Also known as the "butterbean hole" down here in Tennessee. :)

Laligal
07-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Wonder where "corn-holing" came from... Laligoogle-gal go go!
Ewww

1. corn holing 5 up, 9 down
The favorite sport of the poofter, the faggot, the turd burglar, the fudge packer, the fairy, and the arse licker.
Bruce is a flaming faggot. He just adores corn holing the dog and his friend Sebastian.
poofter fairy turd burglar faggot queer queen
by Capn' Bullmoose
2. Corn Holing 6 up, 29 down
Corn Holing occurs when one player is viciously maimed/disfigured/killed and the killer then takes liberty to "hump" the defenseless body. Usually forced upon n00bs when playing the game of Halo.
"Man Corey, you just corn holed that n00b, Paul, so hard that he may have felt it through his t.v."

Francoitalianarmy
07-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Ewww

1. corn holing 5 up, 9 down
The favorite sport of the poofter, the faggot, the turd burglar, the fudge packer, the fairy, and the arse licker.
Bruce is a flaming faggot. He just adores corn holing the dog and his friend Sebastian.
poofter fairy turd burglar faggot queer queen
by Capn' Bullmoose
2. Corn Holing 6 up, 29 down
Corn Holing occurs when one player is viciously maimed/disfigured/killed and the killer then takes liberty to "hump" the defenseless body. Usually forced upon n00bs when playing the game of Halo.
"Man Corey, you just corn holed that n00b, Paul, so hard that he may have felt it through his t.v."

lol... sheesh and I thought "travelling down the Hershey highway" was harsh..:eek:

Laligal
07-10-2008, 01:03 PM
lol... sheesh and I thought "travelling down the Hershey highway" was harsh..:eek:You wanted it babe..:p

Francoitalianarmy
07-10-2008, 01:07 PM
You wanted it babe..:p

Let's clarify that statement... I wanted you to GOOGLE IT... lol :p

Laligal
07-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Let's clarify that statement... I wanted you to GOOGLE IT... lol :pLMAO... Yes Dear..:p

GreenSmith
08-05-2008, 11:43 AM

:rolleyes: I would've thought that was self evident.

My understanding of the origin of "greek", while not as lengthy as Lali's, is not far off...but it is more based on the virginal aspect of women at marriage in the orthodox church...virginity was VERY important...so to preserve their virginity, Greek women opted for anal... that being said, I'm sure there is a LOT more to it than that...and Lali's google-a-thon answer is probably pretty close.

I still like mine better though, for the simple reason that it implies that the women wanted Anal on some level... that has rarely been my experience with women...but gotta love those dirty few!!!!!!! :D

ViperAg
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Also known as the "butterbean hole" down here in Tennessee. :)

Butterbean hole...WTF? :confused::D

ViperAg
08-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Poor Ned Beatty. He still catches hell for this scene.

Squeal like a pig!

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6486/deliverancepantswd6.jpg

GreenSmith
08-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Poor Ned Beatty. He still catches hell for this scene.

Squeal like a pig!

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6486/deliverancepantswd6.jpg

yeah...and what twisted, backwoods, near-sighted fool thought he had a pretty mouth!?!?!? <shudder>

ViperAg
08-05-2008, 01:39 PM
yeah...and what twisted, backwoods, near-sighted fool thought he had a pretty mouth!?!?!? <shudder>

I believe it was this handsome gent.

http://shinymedia.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/13/deliverance_mighty_purty_mouth.jpeg