PDA

View Full Version : The Second Coming, Armageddon.are You Ready?

Jehovahofarmies#1
01-24-2006, 06:27 PM
GODS WAR TO END WICKEDNESS,WOW .2Theso1:1-9 and Apoca19:11-16 GOD WILL USE HIS SON JESUS THE ARCHANGEL AND HIS POWERFUL ANGELS IN A FLAMING FIRE AS HE BRINGS VENGEANCE UPON THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW GOD AND THOSE WHO DO NOT OBEY OUR LORD JESUS.THESE VERY ONES WILL UNDERGO THE JUDICIAL PUNISHMENT OF EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION.YET MANY WILL COME OUT OF THE GREAT TRIBULATION AND HAVE WASHED THEIR ROBES AND MADE THEM WHITE IN THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB(JESUS).Apoc7:14 ITS GOING TO BE GREAT JUST SEEING ALL THOSE EVENTS I USE TO FEAR BUT NOT ANYMORE,I WANT HIS COMING TO BE FAST SO HE CAN END WITH CORRUPTION,POLITICS,WAR,FALSE RELIGION AND MAKE HIS NAME BE GLORIFIED BECAUSE MOST OF THE PEOPLE BLAME GOD FOR ALL THATS HAPPENING IN THIS WORLD AND ITS NOT HIS FAULT,HE IS NOT THE GOD OF THIS WORLD, SATAN IS THE GOD OF THE SYSTEM OF THINGS SO WHOS RULING?JESUS COMING IS TO CLEAR EVERY SORT OF WICKEDNESS SO HE CAN START TO RULE THE EARTH THATS THE PURPOSE OF HIS COMING AND I'LL BE GLAD TO BE ALIVE AND SEE HOW MANY INGNORANT PEOPLE WILL JUST OPEN THEIR MOUTH AND GET DOWN ON HIS KNEES AND JUST EATING ALL THOSE THINGS THAT THEY HAD SAYS ABOUT JEHOVAH AND HIS SON.WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO BE THERE?

cob1639
01-25-2006, 08:48 PM
I wish he'd hurry up and come down and judge us so people would quit threatening his arrival!

I say BRING IT! I enjoy watching fire and distruction and demons swooping down from shadowed skies, taking simple human form and spreading their wings to stalk the mortal man!

JUDGEMENT WILL COME FOR US ALL!!!

No it won't - your empty promises shall remain unfulfilled.

horn361
01-26-2006, 02:27 PM
you know,"jehovah",all that "obey Jesus","fear God" crap is one reason why many people are turned off by organized religion.just more of the same old "we're gonna SCARE you into believing"rantings. and by the way,your points may be taken a bit more seriously if you used some sort of punctuation that would make your dialogue appear to be something other than fundamentalist extremist ramblings.

Jehovahofarmies#1
01-26-2006, 02:37 PM
I wish he'd hurry up and come down and judge us so people would quit threatening his arrival!

I say BRING IT! I enjoy watching fire and distruction and demons swooping down from shadowed skies, taking simple human form and spreading their wings to stalk the mortal man!

JUDGEMENT WILL COME FOR US ALL!!!

No it won't - your empty promises shall remain unfulfilled.
Poor people thats why the world is like this,because of people like you.Fire?thats was in Sodm/Gom if you haven't read the bible,and its not to fear people, the whole issue in this world is to get saved from everlasting destruction.You either live or you'll never see sun light again,get it! Use common sense if you have any and read the bible you and so many others that just like to talk#@$%^^ and get to accurate knowledge.

Jehovahofarmies#1
01-26-2006, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE=horn361]you know,"jehovah",all that "obey Jesus","fear God" crap is one reason why many people are turned off by organized religion.just more of the same old "we're gonna SCARE you into believing"rantings. and by the way,your points may be taken a bit more seriously if you used some sort of punctuation that would make your dialogue appear to be something other than fundamentalist extremist ramblings. [/QUOTE Just like I told cobhead,its not to get people scared,you ignorant.In this world, is to get people saved and never die like Adam and Eve did,know we have the opportunity to live forever,don't you read the bible?and by the way I write any way I want to I'm not getting paid to use the punc.the correct way.I'm I right?I'm too lazy.Who cares about the way I write?You,maybe your a nerd just like some others that have told me the same thing.i WRite THe WaY i FeEl lIKe It/.,;'-=0!@#^%*&*OK..........And that goes to every nerd that keeps on saying the same thing....

horn361
01-26-2006, 04:21 PM
alright jehovah! exactly what i would have expected from a biblical scholar such as yourself.
though i'm tempted,i'm not going to resort to name calling, as you have done.i'll leave you to continue helping us poor unfortunates "get saved."
your friend, the ignorant nerd. :)

malcolan
01-26-2006, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE=horn361]you know,"jehovah",all that "obey Jesus","fear God" crap is one reason why many people are turned off by organized religion.just more of the same old "we're gonna SCARE you into believing"rantings. and by the way,your points may be taken a bit more seriously if you used some sort of punctuation that would make your dialogue appear to be something other than fundamentalist extremist ramblings.[/QUOTE Just like I told cobhead,its not to get people scared,you ignorant.In this world, is to get people saved and never die like Adam and Eve did,know we have the opportunity to live forever,don't you read the bible?and by the way I write any way I want to I'm not getting paid to use the punc.the correct way.I'm I right?I'm too lazy.Who cares about the way I write?You,maybe your a nerd just like some others that have told me the same thing.i WRite THe WaY i FeEl lIKe It/.,;'-=0!@#^%*&*OK..........And that goes to every nerd that keeps on saying the same thing....

Jehova,
If I didn't know any better I would think that you are angry at the world.

Not to put words in Horn's mouth, but I think what he was trying to say was why don't you try spacing out your post a little bit to make it readable.

That is, of course, if you actually want people to read it.

You can write however you like, but if you keep making posts like that then you will most likely just end up on people's ignore list and nobody will see what you post anyway.

What is your intention on these forums? Are you trying to bring people to Christ or are you just here to threaten and insult people? I'm just curious.

Why haven't you answered my questions from the first thread you started? Did I do something to upset you?

May the Lord bless you richly.

:)

cob1639
01-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Are you trying to bring people to Christ or are you just here to threaten and insult people? I'm just curious.

...and that's all I'm trying to stress. Threats and fear and judgment do not bring people to Jesus. Not me anyway.

It just indicates to me that some stuff in the bible is beneath my morals.

Wallis
01-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Well, Jehovah, I have to say this: you have a very interesting--but twisted--view of theology going here.

May I ask if you are Jehovah Witness?

Jehovahofarmies#1
01-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Well, Jehovah, I have to say this: you have a very interesting--but twisted--view of theology going here.

May I ask if you are Jehovah Witness?
Uhh,does it really matter to if I'm?Many people have different opinions about every sort of religion,many or as I would say most of the people don't like Jehovahs Witness?Why,well because they are not part of the world(if you have common sense)you'll understand.People hate them,why don't they hate the Roman Catholic they rape kids,their the ones that wanted Jesus killed,remember? also,they get lesbians and gay people married,thats a big sin,and far but not least they are hold responsible for preaching "The Good News about our lord Jesus,are they doing it?NO.Thats why many people don't care about anything.Well,I think I got way off your question. By the way just get to accurate knowlegde and every thing is just going to be easier for you and many others.Ephe4:13,Coloss2:2,3.Peter1:8,2:20

Jehovahofarmies#1
01-28-2006, 12:31 AM
...and that's all I'm trying to stress. Threats and fear and judgment do not bring people to Jesus. Not me anyway.

It just indicates to me that some stuff in the bible is beneath my morals.
Heres you response cobhead,what are you doing in this forum then?UHH,Religion? No body is trying to scare people,don't you get the issue here in this world? Do you see the seriousness of it? Satan was attacking Jehovahs position from the beggining,Satan's challenge brought into question the right and validity of Jehovahs positionas the Universal Soverign.Genesis 2:17:3:1-6.In other words human intergrety was brought into question.Satan charged that no human would voluntarily remain loyal to Jehovah,and guess what Satan is winning, I'm not trying to be better than anyone on this forum but,I just hate it when people talk,blame and say many things about our creator?Don't you?I do,because I love Jehovah with all my heart and even though I don't know anyone, I want people to pause for a minute and think, what have I done with my life?Maybe you'll realize that nothing,or maybe you have a degree,or just have lots of money,but is that going to save you from EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION ? read,pause,think.

Jehovahofarmies#1
01-28-2006, 01:12 AM
[QUOTE=horn361]alright jehovah! exactly what i would have expected from a biblical scholar such as yourself.
though i'm tempted,i'm not going to resort to name calling, as you have done.i'll leave you to continue helping us poor unfortunates "get saved."
your friend, the ignorant nerd. :)[/QUOTE

I'm no better than anyone,but from the responses I received,uuwiiii,I think God will give me an A+++.I was writing you earlier a big response to your post,I just pressed enter and know I can't find it,ok just read 2Peter 3,1-18,and after your read it,if you have any question just write back to me.Oh, by the way I love how Jehovah expresses about many people like you that don't get the whole point.(Ridiculers) let me know after you read it.Hope you understand.

horn361
01-28-2006, 07:08 AM
well,this seems to have become a futile exercise.frankly,i have no clue as to what the hell you are attempting to say in most of your posts.but you have as much right as anyone else to state your beliefs and feelings,unintelligible as they may appear.i don't know if you are a member of the jehovah's witness church or not,(i most certainly am not),and it's none of my business.i do give those guys credit,though,they DO get out there and canvass for new members.
so good luck,have fun,etc. etc.

Jehovahofarmies#1
01-28-2006, 11:35 PM
well,this seems to have become a futile exercise.frankly,i have no clue as to what the hell you are attempting to say in most of your posts.but you have as much right as anyone else to state your beliefs and feelings,unintelligible as they may appear.i don't know if you are a member of the jehovah's witness church or not,(i most certainly am not),and it's none of my business.i do give those guys credit,though,they DO get out there and canvass for new members.
so good luck,have fun,etc. etc.

Truth hurts,and if you don't get the point of this conversation,why don't you go to other forums,maybe the lesbians,politics,or sex. maybe you'll get the point in one of them,because for what I see you sure don't get it in this one.
God bless the ignorants.

horn361
01-29-2006, 05:43 AM
"truth hurts?"why don't i go to another forum?
here'e an idea. why don't YOU locate a forum where you can post illiterate,close-minded,unintelligible content?(oh wait,you apparently enjoy posting that HERE).
frankly, i suspect that you are mentally compromised in some way.or,perhaps,you are just a jerk.(likely the latter).most of the folks who post here are just too polite (unlike yourself)to engage in the name calling that you seem to like so much.well,they are better people than i am,because i'm going to drop way down to your level and say that i think you are a small minded,uneducated,petty little person who finds it easier to post ramblings on the internet at 2 in the morning than to engage in normal discussion with average people.
your good friend,"the ignorant." :)

henrydhand
01-29-2006, 06:44 AM
And the people that make these crazy formulas to predict when the world will come to an end are driving me crazy! Even Jesus himself said that he doesnt even know when the rapture will be, only GOD does. But there is a section of the bible that tells "when" the end will come, what people will be acting like. If you want to read it, it is right here:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/2Ti/2Ti003.html

Wallis
01-29-2006, 05:20 PM
I have to agree with everyone outside of Jehovah's circle here.

1. It does behoove a person to come to any forum, get on an electronic soapbox, and proclaim that everyone had better come to the "truth" before it is too late. And--oh, by the way--I have the "truth," and you had better listen to me.

2. A forum is built on multi-opinions and thoughts, which then can be discussed ad nauseum. While disagreements are bound to occur, learning another's opinion, thouhts, et al are educational. That written, then, it requires each of us to put down our opinions and thoughts in an erudite form that they may be understood.

3. The Second Coming has been discussed to ultimate lengths by theologians and philosophers and never has there been any agreement between them. For one person to stand up as the "enlightened" fool and proclaim he/she has the "answers" is not only entertaining but demonstrates just how foolish this person is. It is the classic Mark Twain paradigm.

cob1639
01-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Heres you response cobhead,what are you doing in this forum then?UHH,Religion? No body is trying to scare people,don't you get the issue here in this world? Do you see the seriousness of it? Satan was attacking Jehovahs position from the beggining,Satan's challenge brought into question the right and validity of Jehovahs positionas the Universal Soverign.Genesis 2:17:3:1-6.In other words human intergrety was brought into question.Satan charged that no human would voluntarily remain loyal to Jehovah,and guess what Satan is winning, I'm not trying to be better than anyone on this forum but,I just hate it when people talk,blame and say many things about our creator?Don't you?I do,because I love Jehovah with all my heart and even though I don't know anyone, I want people to pause for a minute and think, what have I done with my life?Maybe you'll realize that nothing,or maybe you have a degree,or just have lots of money,but is that going to save you from EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION ? read,pause,think.

...And there's nothing wrong with thinking that I'm gonna burn. Your beliefs are your beliefs and they should be respected. BY EVERYONE! My only problem occurs when you passive-aggressively try to make me feel like you're somehow better than me because you and I don't hold the same beliefs.

Pay attention - this is a religious AND PHILOSOPHY forum!!!

mike_in_tulsa
02-03-2006, 12:31 PM
I just stumbled across this forum and had no plans to register until I read these threads from the JW. I've got experience with this. My wife was raised as a JW. When we met at age sixteen, she slowly started learning what a controlling cult it is. I call it a cult because of the control aspect. They get most of their membership from people who are emotionally weak and looking for a reason to get up in the morning. Anybody who has knowledge of the Bible prior to being exposed to these beliefs knows what a perversion of the scriptures it is. First of all, they wrote their own Bible, the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. How can you argue the Bible with a sect that wrote their own Bible to support their beliefs? It's apples and oranges.

In their thrice-weekly meetings, they discuss articles sent down in publications from their Brooklyn-based headquarters. You are not allowed to question anything presented in these meetings. They view questions as a form of dissent and if you do raise questions, you get firm talking-to by one of their elders. These elders feel it their business to poke their nose into your personal life. When they find out that a member is doing something they don't like, they feel they have the right to scold that member and threaten them with banishment. In my denomination, when we find out that a member is straying from God's will, we pray for them and try to draw them closer to the church, rather than push them away from it. I can't imagine my pastor going to someone's house and trying to discipline them like a parent disciplines a child. It's none of his freakin' business!!! The elders report to "Overseers". Isn't that what they used to call the guy that whipped the slaves on the old South plantations?

They won't serve in the military, yet they enjoy the freedom of religion that the military defends every day. They won't salute the flag because they say that they won't idolize and worship a man-made object. You've got to be kidding me!! When I salute the flag I'm not worshipping it. I'm showing my respect to the ideals behind the flag. The flag is just piece of cloth. What it symbolizes is so much more. I'm showing my respect to the men and women who died so that the JW's, the Catholics, the Baptists, the Methodists, the Jews and everyone else can worship as they please. It's just that the JW's are the only ones not willing to defend that freedom today.

Thankfully my wife got out of their little group. She was one of four kids, three of which got out of it. My brother-in-law and mother-in-law are still in it. For my wife's emotional health, my mother-in-law and I have agreed to disagree on matters of the Bible. But I did tell her that if she is ever in a car accident and she is unconcious and needs a blood transfusion, and I'm the only family member around, I will give the go-ahead to give it to her. She begged me to promise her that I would not do that (it probably wouldn't matter because they carry little cards in their wallets that inform emergency personnel not to give them blood). But let's look at it for a moment. If she believes it is a sin to accept a blood transfusion and she is unconcious, but God knows that in her heart she doesn't want one, isn't she okay in God's eyes? If I order the transfusion, isn't that sin on my shoulders? There's no logic to it. It probably won't matter in a few years, anyway. They keep watering down their belief on the subject. Every so often, the "Society" office in NY sends down an edict that allows them to be able to accept another component of blood. Within a few years, the whole doctrine will go away. I doubt if God is that wishy-washy. But hey, they were wrong about the end of the world coming in 1975 and every other time they predicted it, so I guess they could be wrong about the blood thing too.

I've just got one thing to say to the JW that posts here: When the "Society" in NY sends down some grape Koolaid and orders your congregation to drink it, stay away from it.

cob1639
02-03-2006, 04:54 PM
If I order the transfusion, isn't that sin on my shoulders? There's no logic to it.

But by that same logic though, would you allow a cloned human kept in a cage for the exclusive purpose to donate a heart to save your life?

JW's have drawn the progress line at blood transfusions. Yours (I would guess) is at cloning. There's nothing wrong with that. Personally, I say screw that clone - I WANT TO LIVE NO MATTER WHAT! GIMME HIS FREAKING HEART!

Who's side am I on? MINE!!!!

Meconopsis3
02-03-2006, 05:37 PM

CUCKOO..CUCKOO..CUCKOO!!!!....Jehovah dear, are we hearing those naughty voices again? I think it's time to take your lithium, honey.

cob1639
02-04-2006, 05:27 AM
CUCKOO..CUCKOO..CUCKOO!!!!....Jehovah dear, are we hearing those naughty voices again? I think it's time to take your lithium, honey.

Lithium sounds yum. I've heard good things about that stuff!

Anyway, back on topic for a sec - Armegeddon will happen one day... for me, when I die. Only human arrogance makes us think that when we die it has to mean something to the world and people's life afterward.

It doesn't. We'll be forgotten about, just like 99.9% of all the rest of the humans before us. Not everyone is MLK or even Hitler, even though we all could be.

Same with god. Arrogance and fear created him too, not the other way around... What could be a better motivator than the fear of death for making up stories about life after it? It's as possible as anything else I've heard...

Wallis
02-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Welcome aboard, Mike, and thanks for that enlightening information.

I'd like to share a commentary on Isaiah I just finished reading. It was about his two sons, whom he named "Repenting remnant" (Shear-yashub) and "Quick-spoil-hurry-prey" (Mahar-shalal-hash-baz).

Isaiah then asks this rather thought-provoking question: Do we really want God with us?

Through the story of these two sons, one of which represents the saving grace of God and the other the destructive force of God, God is presented as a being holding an olive branch in one hand and a sword in the other. Too often, religion prefers to highlight the sword aspect of God, perhaps from an all too human desire to watch the destruction of fellow human beings in some kind of galactic or metaphysical arena while safely ensconced in the VIP "saved" box close to the action. It is this very fear that Cob eloquently pointed out that appears to be the driving force of many people to forcibly convert the human race to that singular "truth" they proclaim as the one and only "truth."

In today's language, I could imagine that a modern day writer would probably present the imagery of Isaiah somewhat like this:

Here's the real dope, people: "You all are nothing more than a bunch of m-f-ing 'hoes! Get you f-ing, lazy asses off the potato couch, pull your head out of you m-f-ing asses, and get your sh-- straight. 'Cause when the Lord does come among you, He is not just gonna whip your silly asses till you ain't got no more hide to wipe, He is gonna shred you into oblivion. Like that m-f-ing, dumb old idiot Humpty Dumpty who had no thought of protecting his balls by sitting on a wall and tempting fate, there ain't gonna be anything left of you for anybody to put back together again. Your entire existence is gonna be erased not just from history but from the universal book, as if you were never around to stink up the world in the first place."

Now, most preachers like to stop right there, as if this is enough to convince people that they had better get back to God, make amends, fly right, or whatever metaphor you prefer.

The first point that Isaiah was trying to make was that people rely too much on the belief that God will deal with them from a position of mercy. It is like that classic line from Jesus Christ Superstar: "I believe in you and God, so tell me that I'm saved."

The second point that Isaiah was trying to make has been glossed over by our current religious variants, and that is the idea of hope.

God is going to kill us. This is fait accompli, which means that it is going to happen regardless of what we humans try to do to avoid that inevitable fate of death.

"Time to die, sucker!" God can be heard telling each and everyone of us.

"But--but--but, you and me God. Didn't I love you? Didn't I go to church everyday and twice on Sunday? Didn't you see me put money in the collection plate? Look at all the good things I did in my life; don't they count for anything?"

"Nope!"

And instead of struggling against the oblivion that is to come, Isaiah is telling the people to have hope that when God does come down among us with the scythe that He will have mercy and remember us. Not because we were good believers, followed a bunch of church rules and regulations, tried to do a ton of good works, but simply because we put our hope in God. He is coming, Isaiah and others repeatedly wrote. Put your hope in God, was all these writers were saying. I would add the word "trust" as well.

From my pickle barrel, this should be the message that should be broadcast throughout the world when talking about "God is with us." Not that we should be running around like chickens sans heads, worrying about what is going to happen to us, gleefully enjoying the "just deserts" of the wicked, and feeling proud that we are among the chosen. RATHER, let us have hope and trust that when that day when we breathe our last breath that God will remember us. That's all it takes: hope and trust. And those two qualities will lead us to walk the faith that each of us individually has constructed, live by what we believe, and have assurance there will be an afterlife or continuance. And I suspect that I'll be "seeing" you all there regardless of your faith and how you choose to live this life.

Peace.

blueeyesindallas
02-04-2006, 07:30 PM
the man asks you 1 question...andd you wind up talking about roman catholics/rape/homosexuality/ did i leave anything out.

take a deep breathe and relax

Jehovahofarmies#1
02-04-2006, 09:23 PM
And the people that make these crazy formulas to predict when the world will come to an end are driving me crazy! Even Jesus himself said that he doesnt even know when the rapture will be, only GOD does. But there is a section of the bible that tells "when" the end will come, what people will be acting like. If you want to read it, it is right here:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/2Ti/2Ti003.html

Formulas don't even bother.They are scriptures from the bible, I think your knew, but I have posted other topics and I know what the end is, what will people be doing and so on, I gave scriptures, many other people just love to talk but won't give ma scriptures,can you?

I'm tired of that scripture you wrote and god so loved the world that he gave his only son,and so on.You know I see that scripture everywhere, its
like if nobody knew other scriptures,like if that was the only scripture in the bible.Everybody knows that scripture!
My 5 year old son knows it too.

Have resonable scriptures.

mike_in_tulsa
02-05-2006, 05:08 AM
It doesn't surprise me that you don't know why John 3:16 is quoted so much. In a different verse Jesus said that he is the way the truth and the life and that no one will come unto the father except through him, yet the JW's relegate him down to just being a really great guy who did a lot of nice things.

Quoting John 3:16 is easier than quoting the entire Bible at one time. My point being that John 3:16 summarizes the message of the entire old and new testaments into just a few words. The old testament talked about a messiah that would come to save the world and in the new testament he came to do just that. He's offering the gift of salvation, all we have to do is accept it by putting our faith in him. He told the criminal that was hanging on the cross next to him that on that day they would be together in paradise. I don't believe that guy followed the JW's little checklist of items that you have to do to receive salvation.

While we could get hung up on obscure verses about eating blood and about someone receiving a human head as a birthday gift, I guess Christians choose to quote a verse that tells of God's love for us and the great gift we have in Christ.

horn361
02-05-2006, 01:07 PM
hey mike,
intelligent logic will not go far with "jehovah".he appears to be a mentally challenged person,just take a look at his previous posts.

Wallis
02-05-2006, 06:32 PM
A person can quote scripture all day long and still end up like a babbling idiot, because that person has not one clue as to what the scripture means.

And that forms the basis for misunderstanding on the part of the person who quotes scripture.

First, he/she takes an English translation without regard to all the nuances of the original language, thought, historical context, and reference to the whole of the tradition of the Bible.

Second, he/she then espouses this scripture as literal fact without regard to all the words I wrote in the paragraph above.

When a person quotes scripture and then applies some exegis, I would be most happy to pay attention.

cob1639
02-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey Wallis - You could open your mind even further and read the bible on acid! You could start a new religion. I'd even join!

As psochotic as jahova is I see his point. (jahova on the forum, not the real one) Maybe he just needs to make a little room for the human factor to which you refer.

Wallis
02-05-2006, 07:11 PM
I do not see Jehovah as being psychotic. After all, we all are a bit psychotic in our own way. :D You have your idosynchrities as to I, and we all love you for it.

I view Jehovah as having a very narrow, fundamentalistic view of scripture. And, he is not unique. On this forujm, he represents probably millions of people who think in this vein.

Personally, I have no problem with him thinking the way he does--and the way you do, as well as other posters--if that way of thinking works for him.

What I do have a problem with is when a poster comes online and starts postulating that he/she has the "truth," that being the only "truth," and everyone needs to get on board or else.

I would hope that everyone who reads what I write take what I have to say, mull it over, agree or disagree, and then apply or not apply as appropriate for the individual. Obviously, I do not have the "truth," and hopefully everyone will realize that I do not claim to hold the "truth." I speak from my own pickle barrel, from my own individual universe, and from an understanding that works for me. And, I'm learning and re-learning all the time. It is unfortunate that there are posters who are so adamant that they do not use their eyes and their ears to begin to question their beliefs, and in that questioning they will either make changes or find a personal "proof" to what they believe as being rock solid.

Wallis
02-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Well put, Mike.

John 3:16 was the only Bible passage that Martin Luther would not burn but rather freeze to death if he had to burn the Bible to keep warm. It is the crux of the Bible's tradition (torah) and gives a definite meaning to faith.

Throughout the OT, we have some very intense images of a wayward Old Israel, a suffering Israel, a vengeful (wrathful) God that is going to destroy the Old Israel utterly. Then we have, on the other side of the coin, these messiahs raised by God (Abraham, Moses, Saul who later rejected, David, and others) to resurrect a New Israel from the remnant of those who survived. But all of these OT messiahs were physical saviors, if you will.

While much of the OT is written not from a historical viewpoint but from a theological and philosophical viewpoint, as their is little evidence of all the destruction and dispersement (I emphasize the word "all" as there was some destruction and dispersement but not a whole lot), the imagery was that God was going to wipe out the Old and institute the New.

The Christ was the ultimate Messiah, the one that would save all mankind from the thing that really matters: sin.

We read with wonder at times why people would hope that the Christ would be this mythological David and raise armies all over the world to institute a Jerusalem all over the Earth. This is because of the tradition (torah) that people believed would come into fulfillment: a physical paradise in which the Kingdom of God would be physically present on the Earth.

The Kingdom of God has indeed already come, but it was not a physical paradise that the Christ was talking about or what John so eloquently summed up in just a few words. It was the spiritual salvation that the Christ came to fulfill.

And all this malarky that entails a vengeful Christ, an ending that divides the people into sheep and goats: this smacks of the worse qualities of our own human nature. When one reads Revelation, for example, you can almost feel the glee of the "saved" while they watch their fellow human beings being consigned to eternal damnation. And it is this glee that disturbs me the most. That if people have the Christ within their hearts, then why aren't they prostrate before the living God begging mercy and forgiveness for those brothers and sisters who are in the throes of being damned?

Secondly, while so many people are looking forward to a time when all this pain and suffering will end COUPLED with retribution for all the people who helped us suffer, this is so contrary to the central teachings of the Christ. If one has the Christ within his heart, then the "light" that shines from that individual should be one of love towards all people. (Note that the Christ did not say that you had to like each other, just love each other.) Thus, too many people are looking for an end while neglecting the job they supposed to be doing, which is the business of loving people, even as the Christ loved us.

Meconopsis3
02-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Formulas don't even bother.They are scriptures from the bible, I think your knew, but I have posted other topics and I know what the end is, what will people be doing and so on, I gave scriptures, many other people just love to talk but won't give ma scriptures,can you?

I'm tired of that scripture you wrote and god so loved the world that he gave his only son,and so on.You know I see that scripture everywhere, its
like if nobody knew other scriptures,like if that was the only scripture in the bible.Everybody knows that scripture!
My 5 year old son knows it too.

Have resonable scriptures.

"I think your knew"????? BWAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!!! WOW! :eek:

mike_in_tulsa
02-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I noticed he hasn't posted in a few days. He hasn't addressed any of the points I've made.

Wallis
02-07-2006, 06:09 PM
I would hope that he has decided to "hit the books" in order to put together a cogent rebuttal of the posts we as a group have posted.

cob1639
02-07-2006, 07:46 PM
He wasn't exactly recieved very well by any of us, who could blame him?

horn361
02-08-2006, 02:37 PM
no,he was not well received,but what did he expect?
EVERYONE is entitled to his/her opinion,but when a person lashes out and name calls,esp. on the internet,he should expect to be called on it.

cob1639
02-08-2006, 08:27 PM
I may be guilty of screwing with him a little more than I should have, but you're right, what should he have expected?

His zero tolerance for anything non bible based is no worse than my own zero tolerance for anything bible based. I'm as big a fool as he is, BUT AT LEAST I KNOW IT!!!

horn361
02-09-2006, 05:18 AM
well,i've seen your posts,i don't think you are a fool at all.
personally,i don't necessarily buy all the stuff in the bible,but,as i have no more hard proof than do the fundamentalists,i don't claim to have any definite answers.
as for "hovie",he(she)is likely a bit compromised,i should'nt mess with him either,i suppose.

mike_in_tulsa
02-09-2006, 06:35 AM
My problems with this guy are not the same as the problems that you guys had with him. You had a problem with him proclaiming that his ideas were "The Truth". I don't really have a problem with that because it simply shows his commitment to his beliefs. Think about it--don't we all believe that our beliefs are "The Truth"? Why else would we hold those beliefs? Just because he states that his beliefs are "The Truth" doesn't mean that they are. Jim Jones and David Koresh also stated that they were preaching "The Truth".

My problem was with his JW doctrine. I was hoping to engage him with a debate over his his beliefs. I've studied them for a while from a "secular curiousity" point of view and found that they don't hold water biblically and I was wanting to hear his response to the points I made in my two previous posts, but I guess he did not want to debate. It's like when they come to your door--if they think that you have no knowledge of the Bible, they want to come in and discuss their beliefs, but if you demontrate a working knowledge of the scriptures, they turn-tail and run.

Come on back, JW, I'm ready to RUMBLE!!!!!!

malcolan
02-09-2006, 06:58 AM
My problem was with his JW doctrine. I was hoping to engage him with a debate over his his beliefs. I've studied them for a while from a "secular curiousity" point of view and found that they don't hold water biblically and I was wanting to hear his response to the points I made in my two previous posts, but I guess he did not want to debate. It's like when they come to your door--if they think that you have no knowledge of the Bible, they want to come in and discuss their beliefs, but if you demontrate a working knowledge of the scriptures, they turn-tail and run.

Come on back, JW, I'm ready to RUMBLE!!!!!!

To be fair, I don't believe that he ever stated that he was, in fact, a JW.

I must admit, though, that I wanted to engage him in those beliefs as well. Specifically, I wanted to post about the Watchtower publications that they hold so high. I have quite a few questions about them that no JW has been able to answer correctly, if they even attempt to answer them at all.

I agree completely with your labeling of the religion to be a cult.

mike_in_tulsa
02-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Oh, he's definitely a JW. His other posts about referring to God by his name, Jehovah, and the fact that about every other word in his ramblings was "armageddon" are both tell-tale signs of a JW.

Yes, I'm all too familiar with their publications such as Watchtower, Awake, and all the books they publish. Every time I walk into my mother-in-law's house I see those things laying around and I get nauseated.

I've studied their history. I'm familiar with the names Charles Russell, Joseph Rutherford, and Nathan Knorr and their roles in the founding and growth of the movement. But more importantly, I'm familiar with their doctrine and their internal governing structure. I'm familiar with the control they impose on their members.

Malcolan, good luck getting your questions answered, they are not allowed to question the doctrines when they themselves are learning them, so I doubt they will have answers for you.

horn361
02-09-2006, 12:42 PM
personally,i have no problems with someone who is convinced of their beliefs. my problem is when they contend that THEIR beliefs are the ONLY truth. bull.... .mr. jw(or whomever) has no more inside track on absolute truth than does ANYONE,including myself.
i also have a problem with anyone who posts here(or elsewhere)and then flips out at people who disagree with their thoughts.
but hey,it's ONLY the net,after all!

Image I
02-09-2006, 07:15 PM

Don't you feel the main thrust of any thinking person's religion is simply how we treat each other, not to get us on our knees and "praise Jesus"...or "Jehovah", or Yahweh, or Mohammed, or Martin Luther King, or whoever. Some of you people are so caught up in wuperstition that you have lost sight of reality, if indeed you ever had it. My 2 cents.

Image I
02-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Don't you feel the main thrust of any thinking person's religion is simply how we treat each other, not to get us on our knees and "praise Jesus"...or "Jehovah", or Yahweh, or Mohammed, or Martin Luther King, or whoever. Some of you people are so caught up in wuperstition that you have lost sight of reality, if indeed you ever had it. My 2 cents.

Pardon the typo...."superstition" is what I was trying to spell.

cob1639
02-10-2006, 10:04 AM

I think the same way, but appearantly it doesn't work that way. How we treat each other is the key to me. Even though I only treat people well for selfish reasons, but if they never know then what's the harm? They still get treated well!

I'm going to hell for that!

Wallis
02-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Image I, you're hitting the nail on the head much better than most.

Jehovahofarmies#1
02-11-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm writing back to all of you men that have replied to my writings...I just have to ask you some questions, regarding all the stupid,twisted and greedy points of all of you men.Do I have to be a jw to KNOW MY GODS NAME?

NO...........................

Can you give me resonable,specific dates,like I did?
I don't care if you read the bible in hebrew,spanish,in which ever you want the meaning is only one..
Jehovah is coming like a thief and you and me and my neighbors are not even going to notice it,until is too late.......
I
So stop saying your stupid comments and do some research,and overall some real reading,because out of all of you I haven't found one that will give me straight answers, just stupid comments.

read,read,read,read, and you're going to find answers just like I did.
For example can anyone of you give me the meaning of PSALMS 37. 1-40

I'm going to see what you have to say about it.

I'm a women,pretty,sexy and over all lover of jehovah,my God!
I do alot of reading of the bible ,thats why I know a little bit more than some of you, and my comments don't come from me,or my ideas. my little brain is just reading and taking in knowledge from the one sitting up in the heavens.READ,READ,READ,READ, AND MAYBE THINGS WILL COME A LITTLE BIT EASIER FOR YOU GUYS......................................

GOD SAID, LOVE YOUR FELLOWS AND I DO BUT I CAN'T HELP IT,YOUR TOO IGNORANT!

GOD BLESS,I MEAN JEHOVAH BLESS ALL OF YOU.

Wallis
02-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Psalm 37 is an excellent wrap-up of one of the major leitmotifs of the Bible.

God is the source of all hope, mercy, trust, and faith.

Throughout the Old Testament, the theme that God has already rejected, crushed, and destroyed the Old Israel is quickly replaced by the remnant that was saved, the New Israel. This leitmotif is not one that will come but was written as to show that it already happened, and that all who do put their hope and trust in God belong to the remnant.

It is also a hymn that sums up a spiritual attitude that people need to take on.

This life is pretty crummy, and it is filled with lots and lots of bad things. In fact, the end result of your life and my life is death. Death, death, death.

But you see, all this death doesn't matter one hill of beans or even a passing thought, for that matter. For whatever you individually deem to be your enemies, you fears, your worries: all account for nothing. Because the mercy and love and grace of God promises to save you where it counts: your soul.

mike_in_tulsa
02-12-2006, 10:34 AM
"I'm a women,pretty,sexy and over all lover of jehovah,my God!"

You're also a twit

horn361
02-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Ok,Hovie,you are a "women."Guess you must be conjoined twins. Or did you mean "woman?"
This simply proves that ladies are equally capable of being small minded,uneducated,uninformed morons,in a few unfortunate cases.

mike_in_tulsa
02-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Horn361, this is a textbook example of a JW. They strongly discourage education among their young followers. The elders in most congregations will often encourage teenagers to drop-out of high school and those that do finish H.S. are looked down upon if they decide to go to college. You see, the leadership of the "Society" in NY knows that the key to anyone escaping the bondage of oppression is education. They know that if their young followers are exposed to other ways of thinking, objective viewpoints regarding religion, or any teachings other than their own, those young followers will eventually come to the conclusion their teachings are not so biblical after all.

When my wife and I got married, we had to hold the ceremony outside at my parents home. The church that I attended all my life and the one that my wife joined after she left the JW's has a beautiful sanctuary that would have been a great place to hold the ceremony. But my mother-in-law insisted that she would not enter through the front doors of a church because the elders of her JW congregation told her that Satan dwelled in church buildings. She would rather miss her daughter's wedding than to do something that was against the will of the elders. Having her mother at her wedding was more important to my wife than where the ceremony was held, so we made the alternate arrangements. Many years later, when my wife's uncle died, I attended the funeral that was held in one of their "Kingdom Halls". I told my mother-in-law that I didn't know if Satan dwelled in that building or not, but if he did, my faith was strong enough to overcome anything that he might throw at me, and that attending the funeral of someone my wife loved was the priority.

They rely on the ignorance of their followers to grow their membership.

Wallis
02-12-2006, 08:42 PM
It is not just the JW's who operate in a vacuum of knowledge.

Any time where people think they can wrap up the concept of God in a pretty, neat, little package are also operating in a vacuum.

"You can tell them by their acts." And that has to include their thinking as well.

Jehovahofarmies#1
02-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Ok,Hovie,you are a "women."Guess you must be conjoined twins. Or did you mean "woman?"
This simply proves that ladies are equally capable of being small minded,uneducated,uninformed morons,in a few unfortunate cases.

haha,no comments. r u the kkk? the ignorant? or the tiny brain?
you are so pist off aren't you, because I know much more than you, and you hate that! well, wake up !calling all on board! what your message in this forum? uhh! let me think???????????? oh yeah, I got it your a fustrated old? man that hate woman to be more educated then you. Is that right? and about the women or woman you understood me right? shhhhhhhhhup.

Jehovahofarmies#1
02-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Horn361, this is a textbook example of a JW. They strongly discourage education among their young followers. The elders in most congregations will often encourage teenagers to drop-out of high school and those that do finish H.S. are looked down upon if they decide to go to college. You see, the leadership of the "Society" in NY knows that the key to anyone escaping the bondage of oppression is education. They know that if their young followers are exposed to other ways of thinking, objective viewpoints regarding religion, or any teachings other than their own, those young followers will eventually come to the conclusion their teachings are not so biblical after all.

When my wife and I got married, we had to hold the ceremony outside at my parents home. The church that I attended all my life and the one that my wife joined after she left the JW's has a beautiful sanctuary that would have been a great place to hold the ceremony. But my mother-in-law insisted that she would not enter through the front doors of a church because the elders of her JW congregation told her that Satan dwelled in church buildings. She would rather miss her daughter's wedding than to do something that was against the will of the elders. Having her mother at her wedding was more important to my wife than where the ceremony was held, so we made the alternate arrangements. Many years later, when my wife's uncle died, I attended the funeral that was held in one of their "Kingdom Halls". I told my mother-in-law that I didn't know if Satan dwelled in that building or not, but if he did, my faith was strong enough to overcome anything that he might throw at me, and that attending the funeral of someone my wife loved was the priority.

They rely on the ignorance of their followers to grow their membership.
Many people hate jw,I don't because there has been many lies and comments about them,which I don't care. I give them credit for many reasons....

Do the so called Catholics go out door to door trying to get the good news preached?uhh NO.

Do they go with bible principles just like jw?
uhh NO.

The bible says not to celebrate the pagon traditions Christmas,Easter,Valentines,or Birthdays and many more, the Catholic does that,and many other religions celebarte so many others.
Apoca18 1-5 read pleaseBabylon the Great has fallen = FALSE RELIGION ,but mostly its the Catholic,because she approves of many sins, specially raping kids!

I don't know why they hate jw, they do their best in doing Gods will?Is your religion a false relgion?

Maybe if you read a little bit we might get along, and it goes to everyone............................

Wallis
02-13-2006, 08:58 PM
I would love to have a Bible reference that specifically targets these so-called pagan celebrations and traditions. Then, after quoting such a reference, I would also like to read an exegisis that supports such a notion.

cob1639
02-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Just an observation...

One of two things just happened.

Either:

1. Jahova lied about being a "women,pretty,sexy".

Or:

2. She wasn't lying, but kept it a secret for long enough to get everyone to lend more weight to her words because she is a woman or pretty or sexy.

Either way, one could speculate that she played into everyone's stereotypes of women, while at the same time, preying on typical male stereotypes.

If I'm wrong - no suprise. If I'm right - BRAVO JAHOVA!

mike_in_tulsa
02-14-2006, 06:30 AM
I looked back over my previous posts in this thread and the JW's gender never entered into my comments. I might have referred to this person as a "he" until she announced her gender, but not knowing the person's sex and not wanting to refer to her as an "it" I had to call her something, so I called her a "he". As a matter of fact, I looked at everyone's posts and no one tied any of her incoherent thoughts to any particular gender. Her gender is irrelevant to this discussion.

"Apoca18 1-5 read pleaseBabylon the Great has fallen = FALSE RELIGION ,but mostly its the Catholic,because she approves of many sins, specially raping kids!"

What the hell does this mean? This person is a babbling idiot!!! You can't have a logical argument with a person like this.

Like Wallis, I too would like to see the biblical passages prohibiting the aformentioned holidays.

Maybe this person is not an idiot. Maybe she is a foreigner and doesn't speak English well. Have you ever bought a product made in China and the instructions were written in English by a Chinese person? It's hillarious to read!!!

horn361
02-14-2006, 06:48 AM
Well that's it for me,Hovie.Whether you are a "women" or not ,my conclusion is that you're also an idiot.Possibly brain damaged,but also a "run of the mill"jerk.So babble on.

Wallis
02-14-2006, 06:52 PM
I am very curious about the Bible references used to underscore this declaration.

You see, I have a younger brother whom I barely recognize. [I know: my bad.] But he, too, belongs to a very strange sect. I'm not sure what to call it, as it appears to be more Hassidic Judaism with a dash of Christianity.

In his religious framework, his sect believes that only those celebrations instituted by God or commanded by God are "right," and all the other celebrations are "wrong."

Hence, Passover and a few other Judaic traditions are required. But since "God did not institute or command the celebration" of Christmas, Easter, birthdays, Thanksgiving, and others, these are to be shunned as anti-God and displeasing to God.

He was even required to grow a beard, and I believe he even started wearing a prayer shawl or prayer girdle. (My apologies for not knowing the prober words for these garments.)

And because I am now considered by him to be outside the "True People of God," I have never been able to get him to explain his seemingly odd brand of religious thinking.

Jehovahofarmies#1
02-14-2006, 08:07 PM
you and other kkkI looked back over my previous posts in this thread and the JW's gender never entered into my comments. I might have referred to this person as a "he" until she announced her gender, but not knowing the person's sex and not wanting to refer to her as an "it" I had to call her something, so I called her a "he". As a matter of fact, I looked at everyone's posts and no one tied any of her incoherent thoughts to any particular gender. Her gender is irrelevant to this discussion.

"Apoca18 1-5 read pleaseBabylon the Great has fallen = FALSE RELIGION ,but mostly its the Catholic,because she approves of many sins, specially raping kids!"

What the hell does this mean? This person is a babbling idiot!!! You can't have .

Like Wallis, I too would like to see the biblical passages prohibiting the aformentioned holidays.

Maybe this person is not an idiot. Maybe she is a foreigner and doesn't speak English well. Have you ever bought a product made in China and the instructions were written in English by a Chinese person? It's hillarious to read!!!
AND TO YOUR RESPONSE:WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WRITING BACK TO ME UHH?YOUR THE ONE THAT KEEPS ON WRITING AND HAVING A LOGICAL ARGUMENT?AS YOU SAID.(a logical argument with a person like this!)

You and the other WHITE BOYS ARE SO FULL OF SHIT IN YOU TINY BRAIN............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......,
LOGIC?GET IT..YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE BIBLE HAS TO SAY....SO DON'T EVEN TALK ABOUT IT IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT...BIG DUMMY! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T FEEL LIKE WASTING MY TIME WITH YOU PEOPLE. HATERS!

Jehovahofarmies#1
02-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Just an observation...

One of two things just happened.

Either:

1. Jahova lied about being a "women,pretty,sexy".

Or:

2. She wasn't lying, but kept it a secret for long enough to get everyone to lend more weight to her words because she is a woman or pretty or sexy.

Either way, one could speculate that she played into everyone's stereotypes of women, while at the same time, preying on typical male stereotypes.

If I'm wrong - no suprise. If I'm right - BRAVO JAHOVA!

First of all Mr. Intelligent

NOT,NOT,NOT,NOT,NOT,NOT,,NOT,,,,,NOT LEARN HOW TO SPELL..............JA WHAT?

Jehovahofarmies#1
02-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Well that's it for me,Hovie.Whether you are a "women" or not ,my conclusion is that you're also an idiot.Possibly brain damaged,but also a "run of the mill"jerk.So babble on.

excuse me,but is this a religion conversation just like I planned it to be?
For what I see is a bunch of white,old,crazy,fustrated man not in their 6 senses, hating a lady like me,because I know much more than any of you!!!!

White=born in usa
Old=50 + ,on pension,ss ....
Crazy=maybe you went to Worldwar ???
Fustrated=because you don't have your dreams realized?

IS THAT IT?????

Jehovahofarmies#1
02-14-2006, 08:19 PM
It is not just the JW's who operate in a vacuum of knowledge.

Any time where people think they can wrap up the concept of God in a pretty, neat, little package are also operating in a vacuum.

"You can tell them by their acts." And that has to include their thinking as well.

THATS SAME DUMM THING YOUR TALKING ABOUT^UP THERE IS WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE CATHOLICS,WHOSE GOING TO CHANGE US????
RAPING KIDS,,,,,,BAD BAD, FATHER?IS THAT WHAT THEY CALL IT? PRIESTS? ALL SHIT THEY'RE ALL THE SAME.

cob1639
02-15-2006, 12:28 AM
First of all Mr. Intelligent

NOT,NOT,NOT,NOT,NOT,NOT,,NOT,,,,,NOT LEARN HOW TO SPELL..............JA WHAT?

1st of all, I couldn't care less how Jahova(h) is spelled.

2nd, - hmm, which route to travel? Stupid bitch? Dumb broad? Or fundamentalist fucking sociopath?

I'll go with fundamentalist fucking sociopath. Why is it so unfathomable for you stupid fundamentalists to possibly accept that ANYONE who doesn't believe in santa claus, OOPS! Sorry, god - can live a spiritually fulfilled life?

You're no better than anyone else, you just pretend you are - and that's fine by me, I'm the same way. But quit talking so much fucking shit about anyone who disagrees with your fundamentalist views. Wallis and Malolcan make god seem like a figure that I could possibly one day respect and maybe even follow. Their god kicks ass. You make god sound like an insecure little bitch.

Hate to break it to you toots, but you're going about it the WRONG WAY! I will NEVER follow your god. Fuck him. I'll bend him over and bang him in the arse because he'll LIKE IT!

I think god would be fucking pissed at you for driving people that don't believe in him away from everything that Wallis and Malolcan have convinced me that he could be.

People can respect your views only as far as you can respect theirs!

horn361
02-15-2006, 04:36 AM
It's interesting,Hovie,that you often mention the fact that those who criticize you might be white.So what? Has anyone here mentioned that you might be black? Nobody on here cares about race,except possibly you.
So in addition to you being judgemental,close minded,illiterate,likely uneducated,hostile,rude and mentally compromised,you also appear to be a bigot.Nice personality combination.
And if you are a J.W.,or not,it really does'nt matter.I've known a few,and some of them are weak minded people,like you,who are easily influenced into following a warped,one sided philosophy.
So,have a nice day peddling "The Watchtower."Or working at the sheltered workshop(NO disrespect toward others in that situation intended.).The only disrespect I have here is toward you.

mike_in_tulsa
02-15-2006, 05:54 AM
"You and the other WHITE BOYS ARE SO FULL OF SHIT IN YOU TINY BRAIN"

Wow! What a lady, pretty and sexy! :D

Image I
02-15-2006, 02:09 PM
you and other kkk
AND TO YOUR RESPONSE:WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WRITING BACK TO ME UHH?YOUR THE ONE THAT KEEPS ON WRITING AND HAVING A LOGICAL ARGUMENT?AS YOU SAID.(a logical argument with a person like this!)

You and the other WHITE BOYS ARE SO FULL OF SHIT IN YOU TINY BRAIN............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......,
LOGIC?GET IT..YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE BIBLE HAS TO SAY....SO DON'T EVEN TALK ABOUT IT IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT...BIG DUMMY! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T FEEL LIKE WASTING MY TIME WITH YOU PEOPLE. HATERS!

Hovie (as they are referring to you), can you enlighten me (us) as to just what the "Good News" is you're preaching? What exactly is it, in your mind and in the minds of those whom you follow? I'd love to see what you have to say about that. Thanks.

Image I
02-15-2006, 02:17 PM

Thanks, Hovie....but kindly disregard my request. Your above post told me all I wanted to know about you, and the JW as well, unfortunately.

Jehovahofarmies#1
02-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Hovie (as they are referring to you), can you enlighten me (us) as to just what the "Good News" is you're preaching? What exactly is it, in your mind and in the minds of those whom you follow? I'd love to see what you have to say about that. Thanks.

mr.whatever
ALL OF YA STARTED TALKING BAD TO ME,,,IF YOU GO BACK.......AND READ.
THE GOOD NEWS, IS IN THE BIBLE. I DIDN'T TELL YOU TO BEND OVER SO I COULD STICK UP YOU ASS RIGHT?JUST LIKE YOU CAN MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT SOMETHING THAT I DIDN'T KNOW OF ...ITS LIKE THAT.BUT ALL OF YOU MEN STARTED WONDERING ABOUT JW,JEHOVAH,AND BLA,BLA,BLA....I'M NOT GOING TO LET NO MAN TALK TO ME LIKE THAT...............AND DO WHAT EVER YOU FEEL LIKE TALKING I DON'T GIVE A 842874 ABOUT ALL OF YOU,I'M NOT THE ONE OFFENDING GOD,JW,MOHAMMED,OR WHOEVER IS YOUR GOD....KEEP THAT IN MIND.IF YOU HAVE ONE.

Jehovahofarmies#1
02-15-2006, 07:05 PM

Thanks, Hovie....but kindly disregard my request. Your above post told me all I wanted to know about you, and the JW as well, unfortunately.

I REALLY DON'T GET IT HATERS..WHY DO YOU HATE JW?BECAUSE THEY DON'T DO THE STUPID THINGS YOU DO,IS THAT IT??

Jehovahofarmies#1
02-15-2006, 07:07 PM
"You and the other WHITE BOYS ARE SO FULL OF SHIT IN YOU TINY BRAIN"

Wow! What a lady, pretty and sexy! :D
I STILL HAVE THE DEVIL IN ME,WANT TO TRY ME
I CAN DO BETTER,,,SFK

Jehovahofarmies#1
02-15-2006, 07:15 PM
I would love to have a Bible reference that specifically targets these so-called pagan celebrations and traditions. Then, after quoting such a reference, I would also like to read an exegisis that supports such a notion.

MR. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS OPEN THE BIBLE,
AND YOU WILL GET ALL YOUR ANSWERS, ALSO YOU CAN USE YOUR REFERENCE IN THE BACK ,USE YOUR BRAIN AND IF YOU FIND ANY CLEEBRATIONS CALL ME BACK. THE ONLY ONE IS BIRTHDAYS. READ THE ACCOUNT AND TELL ME IF IT SAYS TO CELEBRATE IT..NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE IS GOING TO TELL YOU THAT HOLIDAYS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE CELEBRATED OR NOT ..THE ONLY THING IT SAYS TO BE CELEBRATED IS IN ABIB OR APRIL ,THE LAST SUPPER.....THATS ALL.THATS WHY I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE GREAT BABYLON,THE WOMAN MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE,THATS FALSE RELIGION.READ,AND YOU'LL LEARN MORE THAT WHAT YOU MAYKNOW.

mike_in_tulsa
02-15-2006, 08:15 PM
How do you make it through the day without shooting yourself, putting your head in an oven, or something to that effect?

cob1639
02-15-2006, 11:23 PM
If Jahova should happen to squirt out an improbable nugget of reason, we should engage her - if not, we should find a better retort, or maybe no retort at all. ( I do include myself )

I have been known to have some rude, "fundamentalist style" athiest views on other people's religious opinions, but the discussion didn't deterioate to this extreme.

What possible good could be reaped by talking smack back and forth on a freaking forum anyway? She's judging us and we're judging her right back - that's probably not the best solution.

horn361
02-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Cob,
You're correct.But you have to admit(or maybe not),that shooting back at her is kinda fun. But again,you're right. I'll try to take the high road from now on.

Wallis
02-17-2006, 07:10 AM
Sorry, Jehovah, but you did not answer my question.

I could take offense that by your superior tone, but that would not be what the Christ would do. Therefore, I forgive you first for your very unlike Christian response. I forgive you as well for taking a beligerent attitude and taking offense when people disagree with you. Taking offense and giving offense is a big no-no. Thirdly, I forgive you just out of God's love and would encourage you to be just as completely forgiving of other people. Even as Christ taught us to pray, "forgive others for sinning against you, even as Our Father forgives us."

Now, I would really like to learn where you are coming from, and any insightful Biblical support from you would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have read the Bible in both Hebrew and Greek, but I have an open mind and am always curious as to how people come to form their individualistic beleifs.