PDA

View Full Version : Help!

seven
03-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Miss me?
How've you been?

Okay... making things more interesting...

On top of the several questions I have about the Catholic Church being the False Prophets we are warned about in the Bible... I just recently pondered this one.

If it says in the Bible, and please forgive me for not having a verse to back this up, but I'll be back, I believe it states that God is to be are only father.

Has anybody heard that it was actually the Catholic Church that created the term "Dad" so that we would not call another "Father" because there is only ONE that we should call our FATHER?

But interestingly enough we call our priests FATHER whom we confess our sins too to have a relationship with GOD and enter our passage to Heaven.... which I thought we could only do through Jesus Christ.

I'm confused... Anyone?

seven
03-07-2006, 08:31 PM
"ONE Father--God"

John 8:41
Deuteronomy 32:6
Malachi 2:10

I'm sure there's more. But you get the gist.

Soulja2Luv
03-08-2006, 06:59 AM
Hay dare GurrrL,
How iz U iz?And yes i think the catholic church is EVIL! Maybe the borgia family started my doubting the TRUTH in the catholic church.Or maybe its the fact they harbor child molesters and employ them!Who knows but personally i feal that 1 can be close 2 GOD without paying a church of organized crime2 put you closer2 GOD.The catholic church offers jesus on a stick like a comodity N that alone is self explanitory.Gods temple is everywhere you look go2 or think about No false prophets are needed 2 guide you on the right tracks we all find the father in diffrent ways.As he finds us in his own ways!

Wallis
03-08-2006, 07:16 AM
Well, Seven, I'm not sure I understand the gist of your question. So, I'll be brave and go ahead and stick both of my feet into my mouth.

1. God is not a man. God is not male. So, the idea that God is a father is taken from a very idealistic point of view.

Looking back over centuries (a lot of them) of gods and the worship of gods, our ancestors had a habit of dividing them up into human-like beings, male and female, and possessing human like qualities, such as love, anger, motherly, fatherly, and the like.

Then as the gods were distilled into fewer beings, we find more male gods than female goddesses.

Now couple this with Jewish thought (as well as many other cultures co-existent at the time): it was a patriarchial society, not a matriarchial society. All physical property passed through male hands. So, if God passed down the inheritance of the Earth to mankind, then viewing God as male fit more into the patriarchial way of thinking.

2. What does "father" actually mean?

Well, when we look at Paul's view of being a father, he is the head of the family, and he takes responsibility for the family. He has the greatest burden. He has to educate, discipline, and earn enough daily bread to make sure the family continues. I guess in modern terminology, he was to worry not only about the physical needs of the family but also its mental and spirtual needs, something my own father neglected to learn.

Now, when we look at the pastoral mission, what is the primary purpose of the priest, monk, or pastor? To be like a father in Paul's written work.

Since I am not an RCC, I have to look at the situation like a child looking into a house through a window from the outside. By calling the priest "father," I am of the thinking that we are not only giving respect to the mission of this position but also reminding the individual that he must act like a true father, be like the Christ in the relationship described again by Paul: Christ is the head of the church, the church is His bride.

------

Now as to one needing an intermediary to intercede for the parishoner: I have deep and mixed feelings about this. You see, I believe that we already have someone to intercede for us with God: the Christ. But, anyone of us can also do some interceding when we pray for other people.

What is the last thing that the priest says to a parishoner? Your sins are forgiven; now, go and sin no more. But you and I can say the same thing. In fact, I was taught that this is not only the right thing to say but oft times the best thing to say to other people. You and I are the "angels" that God wants to be around when other people are having problems. You and I have had these "angels" tell us the good news when we have had problems and feel down. And it really is good news when we are reassured that God has forgiven us, we should forgive ourselves, and get back on our own two feet and start acting like the Christ lives in us.

I have an off-the-wall suspicion that confession was created as a political tool to keep the monarchy in line and as a rumor-control function to make sure that the religious community could maintain a firm grip on both society and government. But since I have yet to find any information that would support such a claim, I must heartily endorse the disclaimer that my thoughts are pure speculation.

seven
03-08-2006, 08:26 AM
:p It's so good to see you guys again! :p

Yipeeee!

(Okay, settle...)

I haven't read anything yet.... I'm at workie! but you know I'll have something to say durring my lunch!

I'm glad to be back in the loop!
Missed yall! ~.^

seven
03-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Hay dare GurrrL,
How iz U iz?And yes i think the catholic church is EVIL! Maybe the borgia family started my doubting the TRUTH in the catholic church.Or maybe its the fact they harbor child molesters and employ them!Who knows but personally i feal that 1 can be close 2 GOD without paying a church of organized crime2 put you closer2 GOD.The catholic church offers jesus on a stick like a comodity N that alone is self explanitory.Gods temple is everywhere you look go2 or think about No false prophets are needed 2 guide you on the right tracks we all find the father in diffrent ways.As he finds us in his own ways!

Yes! I have to agree! I believe, of course there are always exceptions, that Religon is what creates HATE. It creates JUDGEMENT. It creates all that it is taught not to do and JUSTIFIES itself by claming it's Sacredness through Religion!

I understand that people need some guidance and that is the whole living Chirst Like... I get that totally. I just don't get how the people who use him to JUDGE are so blind! And they claim to be hardcore! Whaaaaa?

People literally are NOT paying attention! They are told to JUDGE and do so in the name of CHRIST but they do not see themselves being manipilated?

Then again... I can't JUDGE them for being blind... because I was blind before I could see.

seven
03-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Well, well Wallis! I am psychic! I absolutely knew that the next time I dropped in to check my Forum... here you would be! :)

The Disclaimer, I will return with that information. I always like to present my resources... but you should already know this about me!

I know very well about the term, "Go and Sin no more."
It is a clear Message of how we have no right to judge.

A group of people condemning the unamed prostitute in the book of Luke, presenting her to Jesus exclaiming what a discrace she was and explointing all of her shortcummings believing he would be... well, who knows what the heck they did it for - people are just mean, not much has changed!

So when implying his agreement and awaiting his opinion, Jesus simply wrote in the sand.... questioned, "he who is without sin cast the first stone", and continue to write in the sand.

They said nothing and walked away (probably was the best thing to do) and while Jesus was still writing in the sand (probably his thoughts, thinking it's not necessary to have to speak his opinion or whatever it was .... I'm sure between him and God), he looks up and asked the girl, "where are your accusers?"

She replied, "I have none. They have all left..."

Then he says to her, "go and be without sin."

and so she did... not because Jesus condemned her but because he asked his accusers to quit pointing fingers (showing love for her with the she's rubber you're glue thing).

seven
03-08-2006, 04:55 PM
It is very delightful that you mentioned the book of Paul. My signs have matured and exceeded way beyond Numbers (all though I do still see them!) ... but very recently I have been recieving signs of Paul... and also Peter.

I have been getting a lot of Phillip's too... is there a Phillip in the Bible? I'm not aware! So yup... it's all about the P's... mostly Paul for now, which I am sure I am guided to go search form more answers.

These are the current messages I'm recieving and seeking answers too. To give you a little view of what I have been up too and the signs I've been seeing.

Or maybe I'm just freaking NUTS! Whatever, I feel good most times with these signs and this "knowing" and "faith".

But I gotta tell you Wallis... most of these Catholics.... most of these Christians really.... they are truly lost and are leading the blind.

(1639 is probably calling mental institutes right now! Koo-koo, koo-koo!)

He he!
:D

Wallis
03-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Yes, there is a Philip. He was noted for teaching and preaching to the Ethiopians.

seven
03-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Come on Wallis... Give me some more on Phillip.... I'll go look it up, but you're such a good cheat sheet!

Wallis
03-09-2006, 07:02 PM
As apostle: Mt 10:3, Mk 3: 18; Lk 6:14; Jn1-43-48, 14: 8; Ac 1:13.

As deacon: (Ac 6:1-7)

As evangelist in Samaria: Ac 8:4-25

As evangelist to Ethiopia: Ac 8:26-40

SlantedFacts
03-10-2006, 06:51 AM
Miss me?
How've you been?

Okay... making things more interesting...

On top of the several questions I have about the Catholic Church being the False Prophets we are warned about in the Bible... I just recently pondered this one.

If it says in the Bible, and please forgive me for not having a verse to back this up, but I'll be back, I believe it states that God is to be are only father.

Has anybody heard that it was actually the Catholic Church that created the term "Dad" so that we would not call another "Father" because there is only ONE that we should call our FATHER?

But interestingly enough we call our priests FATHER whom we confess our sins too to have a relationship with GOD and enter our passage to Heaven.... which I thought we could only do through Jesus Christ.

I'm confused... Anyone?

The word "DAD" is not Latin!
Padre & the slang papa are more of a Latin origin.

QUESTION:

How many MALE's here are your parents Daughter?

IF we are children of God - are the males a daughter?

......... or a "Son of God"? :eek: