PDA

View Full Version : What IF Christians were to follow Gods word .....

SlantedFacts
03-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Where would we be?

Like Islam??

How About These Verses?

MAT 10:9 - Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses (are we better than the Apostles?)
1TIM 2:9 - In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; (are wedding bands and engagement rings the SAME as the Biblical Golden Calf? - as in a SYMBOLIC relic?)
1TIM 2:12 - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. (Aren't Ministers people who TEACH the Word Of GOD? Do FEMALE Ministers ONLY TEACH WOMEN?)
Jer 6:19 - Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people, even the fruit of their thoughts, because they have not hearkened unto my words, nor to my law, but rejected it.

GLO
03-10-2006, 02:14 PM
It's not very difficult to take things out of context and make them appear ridiculous and out-dated. It is very difficult though to study something out in the social and verbal context that it was presented to get at what the real philosophical and theolgoical meanings are.

I suppose G. K. Chesterton put it best when he said...

"Christianity has not be tried and found wanting, it has been found difficult and left untried."

peace,
GLO

SlantedFacts
03-11-2006, 07:29 AM
What was taken out of text?

It is ALSO easy to twist the text to take the TRUE meaning out of it!

There are too many nonsense versions that omit levels & degree's of true Biblical teachings.