PDA

View Full Version : HELLO world?

DryRiverOwl
03-15-2006, 05:48 PM
There just seems to be run of the mill jobs around... am I missing something, or are companies ONLY looking for robots or college papers? :eek:
I have been searching for that job that requires something different. Have a varied background, building boats (100ft.), welding, office work, building marine jet engines, and breast prosthetic manufacturing. Have history of long term jobs. I can multi task well, and like variety. I am an artist also, carving wood, painting canvas and murals. And for whatever reason find myself mid-stream now??? :rolleyes: Any ideas peoples?? :cool: Thanks for any input anyone can give :o
DryRiver~~

donjon706
03-15-2006, 08:05 PM
There just seems to be run of the mill jobs around... am I missing something, or are companies ONLY looking for robots or college papers? :eek:
I have been searching for that job that requires something different. Have a varied background, building boats (100ft.), welding, office work, building marine jet engines, and breast prosthetic manufacturing. Have history of long term jobs. I can multi task well, and like variety. I am an artist also, carving wood, painting canvas and murals. And for whatever reason find myself mid-stream now??? :rolleyes: Any ideas peoples?? :cool: Thanks for any input anyone can give :o
DryRiver~~

I found what I thought was my dream job, screen and pad printing, now I have to do digital layouts on the computer as well, not complaining....I would just love to find a job where my art work was appreciated and I could make a good living @ it...you are talented, I wish you find the job of a different stroke, dont stop the art........

DryRiverOwl
03-16-2006, 05:46 PM
:D Donjon, many thanks for the encourgement... that seems to be in short supply these days too... guess more flies with honey isnt practiced much anymore? I love my artwork, but also loved building boats and welding too.. since I spent over 20 years at it.. was a great career for myself being a woman in a man dominated field.. thought I had found a dream job also about 3 years ago, but found mis-management will take thst company down the tubes.. the days of keeping a low turn around in workers is gone? The saying applies that what goes around comes around, but some are not as swift understanding that up in management? Am into wood carving now, but its hard finding sources to carry most artists work I am finding... I too wish you luck finding that job that makes your spirit sing... :p and keeps you fed also!! It took me most of my life to find out that creating is what drives my soul.. good luck!!! dry~