PDA

View Full Version : freeligion

eileendover
01-21-2005, 08:32 PM
If there's only one God, then shouldn't there only be one religion? If God is no respector of a person's background and he loves us all, then he loves us all, no matter our religion.

wwjd
01-22-2005, 02:09 AM
Dear friend,

I agree, the Lord loves us all but do not distinguish between the true religion, Christianity and the others... Regardless of the similarities, the world religions have only proven to seperate at a "man's" perspective. Jesus (the lord and savior) reminds us that there will be many deterents but to stay the course and to idealize no one or nothing other than the father. Jesus saves. its time you accepted this truth!!!!

God Bless You!

WWJD

emptyvee
01-23-2005, 10:59 PM
You disgust me and Jesus too. Because you are not Pharisee but so Saducee. Follow the golden rule, fool. Ya might think about Christianity, humanity insanity and vanity. Christians such as yourself are dangerous, to say the least!! You (Christian) are a human spouting your beliefs to glorify yourself. Typical of a 'born again'. Man made religion and God is NOT about religion. I'll bet you still believe Mary was a virgin.

misstreat
01-23-2005, 11:20 PM
In the name of God?? If we didn't have religion we wouldn't have war. It's man's fault, I'm sorry to say. Men and their ego. There was no snake in the garden of eden...it was more like a worm. Yes Eve took a bite of the apple, but she didn't swallow. Do follow the golden rule. Who cares how you dot the i or if you cross the t, those are just details. It's the principle that matters.

mri79
01-24-2005, 08:21 AM
although i respect the religion of others, i believe that trying to shove it down others throats is wrong. i have looked at a few posts here and noticed that "wwjd" has essentially alienated himself from having any real discussion with others simply by being so dogmatic. unfortunately this denying other opinions or faiths only slams the door towards tolerance.

on point
01-24-2005, 09:30 AM
First I think it is wise to understand that God does not love everybody, if we are to believe that we were made and created in Gods likeness, ask yourself do you love everybody if honest your answer will be no! This was just another way to pacify the masses. Next religion is proven to be a man made enslavement, God allows one free will, free choices, and a free spirit therefore if we are to be 100% commited to a religion it "religion" will prevent said ablity to be free!

In the words of Jesus, "know the truth and it shall set you free", then to know a religion. :)

wwjd
01-24-2005, 09:34 AM
As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging. When he heard the crowd going by, he asked what was happening. They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.”
He called out, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
Those who led the way rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
Jesus stopped and ordered the man to be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus asked him, “What do you want me to do for you?”
“Lord, I want to see,” he replied.
Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God.
—Luke 18:35-43, NIV

Trina5695
01-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Faith is for sheep. I have known for many years, that there is NO god, NO heaven, NO satan, and NO hell. People who profess to have faith do so simply because of a fear of the finality of death.

"For god so loved the world, he raped a prepubescent teen who would give birth to a son who would later need to kill himself to save humanity from a hell that was created by god in the first place"

This is what I believe, However, I would not take one's religion from them, just as I would not take the crutches from a crippled person.
Some people need it, I do not. ;)

pandoraspox
01-26-2005, 08:13 PM
wow! I have never heard it quite that way. I have heard it this way...when the 3 wise men approached the manger, they were in awe...it's a GIRL!!

Revelation
02-18-2005, 05:19 AM
Hi eileendover.

Can I just help to clarify a couple of things for you. When we hear that the Lord Loves "everyone", such as we see in John 3:16 etc, this is basically true, but in the sense that God has a Heart for the lost, those that do not know him, and even those that do, but continue to rebel against him.
But the big issue here is that God is a very fair and Just Judge - His Law has been presented and none are exempt from it, and we can all be assured that His day of Judgement will come.
God knows, as we do that his word (and Law) have been around for a very long time, and unless you have "never" heard of God or His Law, then you have no excuse for living in Sin and disobedience, that is your own freedom of choice and will that He grants to all of us - you can take it or leave it, but leaving it does come with a price tag I'm afraid, a terrible price tag - yet some people are quite happy to take the risk (for now at least), but I would just say watch this space as I think some of that will begin to change quite soon.

Just a note on what you said about Religion.
Can I suggest to you that God hates religion, religion is a "system" that was introduced in the past as a means to control society, if you belong to a "religion" then you are serving that religious system, not God - you see religion has an uncanny knack of doing things in it's own way, it's a bit like this - God says, I want you to do it this way, whereas religion will say, hmm, well ok, but I would much rather do it this way instead, it "feels" much better, and just in case you missed it, there is a gross act of disobedience right there...

This idea of "religion" causes a great deal of disillusionment, but the truth behind it is quite simple really - God wants to have a personal relationship with each one of us. Does a Father have a relationship with his children? of course he does, and the relationship he has with child one, is different from the relationship he has with child two and why, because everybody is different and everyones needs are different, which is why the personal relationship is necessary - We are God's children, the big issue is, will we allow Him to be our Father?.

If you need any further help or clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.
Please note that I am a Christian, and I have deliberatley left out a LOT of Christian text above that I could have added to bring greater clarity to the overall message, (which I don't normally do) but in an attempt to be non-offensive to other users, I have tried to be as clear as possible, whilst assuming your level of knowledge of the Christian Faith.

May God Bless you and give you Peace with understanding :)

asylumoffunk
02-23-2005, 11:26 PM
all these replies are ridiculous i will admitt a few are good but the jackass that writes str8 from prewritten words is ignorant..The father and al this jesus stuff is lame...the bible is the biggest lie in history..all re written,and so miniscule in the history of creation...and this belief that jesus is going to come down from the sky and manifest in the 3rd dimmension is absurd..look in to works on the summerian discoveries,by zecharia sitchin there will be some veil lifting here in these comming times then everyone who believed in this bible is going to feel pretty stoopid..the genetic codes of all ascended masters are within all of us ..yet christians have no clue who melchezidek is well they did not write 2 much in the bible so they say that group is so clueless ...step on thru to the creators space thru a sacred herb available right now,,,salvia divinorum...exposes whos behind the the illusion..www.sagewisdom.com ..serious dont waste anymore time,,,look into this you will thank me for this key,,,

asylumoffunk
02-23-2005, 11:32 PM
You need to look into salvia divinorum that will expose all this make believe,,existence of christ god the father and all stories,,www.sagewisdom.com,,,,that whole bible lie is soon to be exposed...

single_saints
02-24-2005, 02:16 PM
while i am one who does not claim a religion because i have found that when u do, u get caught up in the rules & regulation & get away from God's vision...but once u let go of all that His vision is much clearer & u r therefore more likely to pick up the cross & follow God when u see Him moving in your life...most of the churches today r not following God's vision & it saddens me, cuz they fall into one of the churches that is mentioned in Revelation 2 & 3...to know that Jesus is standing there knocking on the door, wanting to come in or to feel His presence as He stands there & then feel His presence as He walks away is something that happens in many churches today...

Archangel
03-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Faith is for sheep. I have known for many years, that there is NO god, NO heaven, NO satan, and NO hell. People who profess to have faith do so simply because of a fear of the finality of death.

"For god so loved the world, he raped a prepubescent teen who would give birth to a son who would later need to kill himself to save humanity from a hell that was created by god in the first place"

This is what I believe, However, I would not take one's religion from them, just as I would not take the crutches from a crippled person.
Some people need it, I do not. ;)

Yadda yadda...better ppl than you have tried to prove that there IS no God and failed (and I write this to you all who state there is no God). While I'm not where I once was in my faith I at least know the futility of saying there IS NO God...and the foolishness of such statements. To say there IS no God is to say that you know it all. You know whats beyond the earth, our solar system, our galaxy and beyond. Don't be a fool. We have enough of those these days.

Trina5695
03-25-2005, 07:39 AM
Of course, you are correct. Neither side of this subject can be proven. I have as much faith that there is no god as others have that there IS/are a god/gods. Indeed, I do not know all there is to know of the universe we inhabit. But, I will learn as much as I can while I am alive, a process which can be severely inhibited by simply having "faith" in some god, and not bothering to learn anymore about it. PEACE! :D