Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
madmax

madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!
Default Debt and Deficits - How and Why

It seems we will never get an honest discussion of deficits if we cling to tag lines and talking points. The Bush tax cuts are what started us back into deficit spending. Obama, not the GOP, is the one trying to reverse that trend. Absolutely ludicrous that Boehner would send us over the cliff before returning tax levels to those of our most fiscally successful period. And hilarious that the Romney plan would have been even worse from a deficit standpoint! - increasing defense spending by $2 TRILLION! Cutting taxes further! That is insanity to the 3rd power.

Here is an interesting analysis on why the deficits/debt are where they are, and the factors that caused this.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...7fQ_story.html
Old 11-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
GradStdnt

GradStdnt recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
It seems we will never get an honest discussion of deficits if we cling to tag lines and talking points. The Bush tax cuts are what started us back into deficit spending. Obama, not the GOP, is the one trying to reverse that trend. Absolutely ludicrous that Boehner would send us over the cliff before returning tax levels to those of our most fiscally successful period. And hilarious that the Romney plan would have been even worse from a deficit standpoint! - increasing defense spending by $2 TRILLION! Cutting taxes further! That is insanity to the 3rd power.

Here is an interesting analysis on why the deficits/debt are where they are, and the factors that caused this.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...7fQ_story.html

But...I don't understand....Obamacare is going to bankrupt the country and we will all be fighting over potatos to survive....haven't you heard?
GradStdnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
madmax

madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradStdnt View Post
But...I don't understand....Obamacare is going to bankrupt the country and we will all be fighting over potatos to survive....haven't you heard?
You been hanging around Dan Quayle?
Old 11-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
hrdguera
Bitch

hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
You been hanging around Dan Quayle?

But you have to admit there is unrest in the hinterlands!
Maybe it was that one Republican in Philly's wards that is saying his vote wasn't counted. I think he was mad because he didn't get an Obama-phone!

Last edited by hrdguera; 11-13-2012 at 03:25 PM.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
GradStdnt

GradStdnt recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post

Maybe it was that one Republican in Philly's wards that is saying his vote wasn't counted. I think he was mad because he didn't get an Obama-phone!
This is exactly the attitude that tanked the GOP...the voters realize that this is a scare tactic used to punish the middle class for the election results - they won't forget in 2016. As the GOP gets more extreme everyday...any hopes for the WH is quickly slipping away. Again...more progranda that makes one physically sick.

Last edited by GradStdnt; 11-13-2012 at 09:47 PM.
GradStdnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
madmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post

...and the conspiracy theory sour grapes bullshit extravaganza continues!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
dumbass

dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradStdnt View Post
It'll be a while before the fight will be over potatoes but the food shortage or deprivation has already started with the elimination of Twinkies, Ho-Hos etc.

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
dumbass

Quote:
Obama, not the GOP, is the one trying to reverse that trend. That is insanity to the 3rd power.
Isn't it interesting how even selectively repeating your own words can produce just about any meaning someone wants them mean.

Come on. Ezra Klein of MSNCBC fame. He's pulling stuff out of thin air and trying to make us believe it's factual.

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
Old 11-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
madmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
Isn't it interesting how even selectively repeating your own words can produce just about any meaning someone wants them mean.
I'd be happy to back that up with real data and analysis of why it's true. I don't just pull this stuff out of my ass like some other posters on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
Come on. Ezra Klein of MSNCBC fame. He's pulling stuff out of thin air and trying to make us believe it's factual.
Using that Alinsky conservative playbook again, eh? Instead of attacking Klein get into the meat of the subject. Klein uses facts, figures, and backs them up with sources. I realize this is a shocking difference to the shit you normally digest from Briebart and the like, but try it out. Use a sorbet to cleanse your pallet from the shit first.
Again, he uses data, that's not "pulling stuff out of thin air".

Last edited by madmax; 11-23-2012 at 12:55 PM.
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
dumbass

Quote:
I'd be happy to back that up with real data and analysis of why it's true. I don't just pull this stuff out of my ass like some other posters on here.
OK

Quote:
Using that Alinsky conservative playbook again, eh?
I was unaware that Alinsky played on both sides of the fence. Where can I get a copy of The Conservative Playbook. I'd like to do a comparison to see where the differences would be.

Quote:
Instead of attacking Klein get into the meat of the subject. Klein uses facts, figures, and backs them up with sources.
Yup. He sure does and than he turns those facts into his own projection of what he "THINKS" his future wish list will look like. His method used to produce that assessment may be accurate ---- but it may also be no more accurate that wishing upon a star. Your guy leans so heavily to the left that he wares out left shoes at twice the rate of right shoes.

Quote:
I realize this is a shocking difference to the shit you normally digest from Briebart and the like, but try it out. Use a sorbet to cleanse your pallet from the shit first.
Again, he uses data, that's not "pulling stuff out of thin air".
I'm not shocked by your adulation for him at all. Amused would be more accurate.

Last edited by dumbass; 11-23-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: