Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Religion & Philosophy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 113 votes, 2.58 average. Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #181
Cusco

Cusco has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1162 View Post
What is it with you "In Your Face" Fags that have been bible whipped your whole life that would harbor such hatred towards a God that has never done anything but Love you.

How many has this loving God killed?

The Flood of Noah Gen 7:23 = 20,000,000
God's seven year world wide famine Gen 41;25-54 =70,000
God kills first born Ex 12;29-30 = 500,000
The 7th plauge of eygypt Ex 9;25 = 300,000

just to name a few the total is like 25 million give or take
thats what I call a loving god
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p8qxGbpOk

Last edited by Cusco; 11-15-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Cusco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #182
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Placebo...I'll put you down for your previous Amazon review. "Garbage". What is it with you "In Your Face" Fags that have been bible whipped your whole life that would harbor such hatred towards a God that has never done anything but Love you. Hate the judgementalist, I don't like them either. They don't speak for God, they speak for narrow minded "SELF". Anyway, I love you Placebo, but that doesn't mean we'll be taking any warm showers together.
It's just too painful for you to accept that there is someone out there that agrees with us that your 'book' is tripe huh? That's OK, we understand how embarrassing it must be for you.

Even a fuck-wit like you with half a brain cell can work out that it wasn't me that wrote the Amazon review. Go check the date on the review and then check the date on the first post that you told us about your 'book'. Add two and two together and ....voilà!

Obviously it's rather embarrassing for you shit-for-brains but you need to face it...it wasn't me.

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #183
nathan1162

nathan1162 has one green dot.  Good for them!

[quote=Cusco;1210530]How many has this loving God killed?

The Flood of Noah Gen 7:23 = 20,000,000
God's seven year world wide famine Gen 41;25-54 =70,000
God kills first born Ex 12;29-30 = 500,000
The 7th plauge of eygypt Ex 9;25 = 300,000

just to name a few the total is like 25 million give or take
thats what I call a loving god
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p8qxGbpOk[/QUOTE

Do you believe God flooded the World?

"The Most Powerful Force in the Universe is Compound Interest" - Albert Einstein

“The idea appears to be interesting and novel.” - Brian Liu Chairman of the Board LegalZoom®

“Makes a lot of sense." - Martin D. Weiss, Ph.d.
nathan1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #184
Cusco

Quote:
I am an Atheist re-word your question
Old 11-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #185
OneArm

OneArm has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:

Doesn't matter, you believe a god did. What he is saying is, if you believe god is a loving god, then why did he kill over 25 million people. People he considers his/hers/its childern?
Old 11-17-2012, 09:37 AM   #186
emilynghiem

emilynghiem has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneArm View Post
Doesn't matter, you believe a god did. What he is saying is, if you believe god is a loving god, then why did he kill over 25 million people. People he considers his/hers/its childern?
Because God recycles. And can redeem all this suffering and loss to create a perfect world where we learn from our mistakes, don't repeat them, and enjoy justice and peace that outweighs the pains and sacrifices it took to get there.
emilynghiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #187
Cusco

Quote:

Do you believe in a world wide flood?
No I don't thanks for asking in the correct context, the world was never
flooded entirely as stated in the bible there is no proof, the fossils you
find on top of the mountains are there do to plate tectonics, continental drifts, continents colliding, with each other to form mountain ranges

plus There is not enough,... water, moister, in the ground, on the ground, in the rocks, the ice buregs in the atmosphere, in the sky, the heavens, on earth, to flood the whole world according as describe in your bible,
And if there was you would drown trying to breath, do to all the moister in the air, so you could drown just by standing on dry land if you weren't crushed do to the pressure first,..

If anything,.. if there even was a person named Noah, it was most likely an isolated flood and he put his family and live stock on his boat plain and simple, and waited for the waters to recede

Just like all the other people around would have done (unless they were struck stupid)

Lets not for get the story of Epic of Gilgamesh same story as Noah

and before you respond and drag in the "metaphor" spin you are dying to do,... do
yourself a favor do some research on the definition of the word from what you posted you do not have a fucking clue on the definition
Old 11-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #188
nathan1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
No I don't thanks for asking in the correct context, the world was never
flooded entirely as stated in the bible there is no proof, the fossils you
find on top of the mountains are there do to plate tectonics, continental drifts, continents colliding, with each other to form mountain ranges

plus There is not enough,... water, moister, in the ground, on the ground, in the rocks, the ice buregs in the atmosphere, in the sky, the heavens, on earth, to flood the whole world according as describe in your bible,
And if there was you would drown trying to breath, do to all the moister in the air, so you could drown just by standing on dry land if you weren't crushed do to the pressure first,..

If anything,.. if there even was a person named Noah, it was most likely an isolated flood and he put his family and live stock on his boat plain and simple, and waited for the waters to recede

Just like all the other people around would have done (unless they were struck stupid)

Lets not for get the story of Epic of Gilgamesh same story as Noah

and before you respond and drag in the "metaphor" spin you are dying to do,... do
yourself a favor do some research on the definition of the word from what you posted you do not have a fucking clue on the definition
I didn't say God flooded the World. I contend the metaphor is exemplary of the deluge of baby boomers that will bankrupt our Nation with anticipated entitlements, a flood of biblical proportion.

"The Most Powerful Force in the Universe is Compound Interest" - Albert Einstein

“The idea appears to be interesting and novel.” - Brian Liu Chairman of the Board LegalZoom®

Old 11-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #189
nathan1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilynghiem View Post
Because God recycles. And can redeem all this suffering and loss to create a perfect world where we learn from our mistakes, don't repeat them, and enjoy justice and peace that outweighs the pains and sacrifices it took to get there.
Your message is a typical god jack off session with no reference to practicality. Evidence of God's presence will come with the Legacies of the deceased facilitating free health care to His children. Emily...what is the "body of Christ" about if not physical healing. Unfortunately for those that have orchestrated a great living spreading the "Good News" His Second Coming is hindered by ignorance and corruption.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #190
Cusco

Lets see Noah's ark in a nut shell

God creates people, 20 million people are evil, except 8, (even thou God is omniscience he never sees it coming), so God destroys
the world with a flood, along with billions of innocent animals except for 2 pair then 7 more pairs of clean animals to be used for for
sacrifice thats a boat load of animals no pun intended

then we have nathans1162 metaphorical interpretation in a nut shell

Quote:
I contend the metaphor is exemplary of the deluge of baby boomers that will bankrupt our Nation with anticipated entitlements, a flood of biblical proportion.
Now lets look at the true definition for the word metaphor

1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
2. A thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, esp. something abstract

A metaphor is a literary figure of speach that describes a subject by asserting that it is, on some point of comparison, the same as
another otherwise unrelated object. Metaphor is a type of analogy and is closely related to other rhetorical figures of speech that achieve
their effects via association, comparison or resemblance including allegory, hyperbole, and smile
======
.One of the most prominent examples of a metaphor in English literature is the All the world's a stage monologue from As you like it
All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances; —william shakespear as you like it
This quote is a metaphor because the world is not literally a stage. By figuratively asserting that the world is a stage, Shakespeare uses the points of comparison
between the world and a stage to convey an understanding about how the world works and the lives of the people within it.
=========
A metaphor is a comparison between two things without using the words like or as "Our spirit is an unsinkable ship" is a metaphor. An idiom is a phrase that that means
something different than what the words are saying. Like "kick the bucket" means to die, not to actually kick a bucket
========
A metaphor is defined as a figure of speech, or something that we use to replace "normal" words in order to help others understand or enjoy our message. For example,
we use the phrase "a blanket of snow" to describe a snowfall that covers the ground evenly, as if the snow were a fabric.

An idiom is a group of words which, when used together, has a different meaning from the one which the individual words have. For example:

- How do you know about John's illness?

- Oh, I heard it on the grapevine
so in short when the word, sentence, paragraph, story is writen, the metaphor is already attached
not to be added 6,000 years later

Last edited by Cusco; 11-17-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: