Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 2.75 average. Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #11
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post
No. Simply put, not a chance in hell that we as Americans are going to give up our right to own firearms.
Well, as I said earlier, the fact that you consider your 'right to own firearms' more important that your children's right (or any other US citizen) to live safely is very telling.

Quote:
It isn't the men and women that own and use guns, obey the laws, and value life that are the trouble. It is the crazies that commit these atrocities that tear our hearts up and murder our friends and children.
Well I'm sure that you don't have any more psychopaths per capita than we have in Europe. So clearly, it must be something else that gives us virtually nil deaths from shootings right? What do you think that might be if it isn't the fact that we are not allowed to carry firearms...huh??

Quote:
When you have a decent suggestion of how to keep any kind of weapon out of the hands of the crazies then I welcome your thoughts.
I have already told you. Make it illegal to own firearms. That is what happens here in Europe and we don't have the same amount of problems that you have. It works!! The statistics for deaths from firearms prove it. The fact that you just can't break away from your 1800's mentality is a your problem.

Quote:
Until then, you asking us to join the ranks of the disarmed and defenseless is just so much more noise that add to the cacophony of noise coming from people with an agenda of their own that involves disarming America.
Just why do you think that your society is going to fall apart if you can't play at being cowboys. Look at the world around you pal. People do not dissolve into gibbering wrecks because they don't have guns. What on earth are you afraid of???

Quote:
CT has very strict gun laws and this crazy nut-job guy could not purchase a rifle when he tried. So it isn't the laws or the weapons; it is the crazies that don't understand the value of life due to their own fucked-up mind.
No...it's the fucked-up minds that think it's more important that people have the 'right' to carry firearms that is the problem. You can keep blaming the 'loonies' until the cows come home but if the 'loonies' did not have access to firearms then they wouldn't be causing the problems would they.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and that proof is that Europe does not have the problem with gun massacres that the USA has yet, clearly, we are not devoid of 'loonies'. We probably don't have any less 'loonies' than you do but we don't have infants being massacred in their schools....not once but again and again and again. Now what does that say to someone of average intelligence? It says that there must be some significant difference between us and that a HUGE part of that difference is that firearms are not available here. What else do you think it could be my friend...do tell!
Europe: Loonies + no guns. Result: No infant massacres.
USA: Loonies + guns. Result: Infants massacred in schools...over and over again!

Quote:
Try to solve the source of the problem not just one of the methods which a crazy person might use.
Well that's easy isn't it. All you do is remove the source of the problem...which in the case of the USA is easy access to firearms and the right for virtually ANYONE to carry them. There you have it...the problem virtually disappears....and the proof of that is the figures for the number of deaths by firearms in countries where people do not have the right to carry firearms. Q.E.D.

Quote:
Merry Christmas BP Forum people. I pray that your hearts eventually heal from the grief that we all feel this week. I know that mine is broken too along with our entire nation's.
...yet not broken enough to want to help prevent it happening again by giving up your right to carry firearms!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 12-17-2012 at 09:11 AM.
pladecalvo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
evileye

evileye has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
So?? It's time 'law abiding citizens' in the USA left it to the police, like law abiding citizens elsewhere do.... instead of acting as if they they were still living in the 1800's.

your president nailed it when he said...

'These tragedies must end and to end them we must change'.

Yes cousins, change you must. It's time! Your 'right' to own guns is not greater than the 'right' of your children to be able to safely attend school. You can make all the excuses you want about your citizens being at the mercy of of armed criminals but that's all they are...excuses. You'll be no worse off than the rest of us. We manage to survive without guns and we don't have anywhere near the problems that you have by having guns. You need to shed this 'Gung-Ho' attitude you have.
As I understand it the reason the constitution protects the right to bear arms is not to just give people guns, it is to protect the people from an out of control system of government.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Nietzsche
evileye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #13
Wouldhe

Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Do you have any idea how many people I could run over and kill with my car before I was stopped? Do you have any idea how many kids and class rooms I could burn with a few Molotov Cocktails?

Where does it end? Do we ban gasoline, cars? We have to identify problem kids and deal with them in a positive way. The signs were there with this kid as they were with the guy who shot all those people in Tucson/Congresswoman. The signs are there but are being ignored. New gun laws are not the answer.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #14
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileye View Post
As I understand it the reason the constitution protects the right to bear arms is not to just give people guns, it is to protect the people from an out of control system of government.
LOL!...and just what would these brave citizens and their handguns do against an 'out of control' government that would no doubt be commanding the loyalty of the army...and if the army was not on the side of the government, what need would there be for the citizenry to be armed?? As I said earlier, it might have been a valid excuse in 1787...but now????

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
Old 12-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #15
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouldhe View Post
Do you have any idea how many people I could run over and kill with my car before I was stopped? Do you have any idea how many kids and class rooms I could burn with a few Molotov Cocktails?

Where does it end? Do we ban gasoline, cars? We have to identify problem kids and deal with them in a positive way. The signs were there with this kid as they were with the guy who shot all those people in Tucson/Congresswoman. The signs are there but are being ignored.
Woodster old boy! What is the difference between Europe and the USA that gives us an extremely low level of death from guns. There must be something that sets us apart wouldn't you agree?

Quote:
New gun laws are not the answer.
I disagree old chap...and the evidence proves me right!

Last edited by pladecalvo; 12-17-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #16
Francoitalianarmy

Francoitalianarmy recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Well, as I said earlier, the fact that you consider your 'right to own firearms' more important that your children's right (or any other US citizen) to live safely is very telling.

Well I'm sure that you don't have any more psychopaths per capita than we have in Europe. So clearly, it must be something else that gives us virtually nil deaths from shootings right? What do you think that might be if it isn't the fact that we are not allowed to carry firearms...huh??

I have already told you. Make it illegal to own firearms. That is what happens here in Europe and we don't have the same amount of problems that you have. It works!! The statistics for deaths from firearms prove it. The fact that you just can't break away from your 1800's mentality is a your problem.

Just why do you think that your society is going to fall apart if you can't play at being cowboys. Look at the world around you pal. People do not dissolve into gibbering wrecks because they don't have guns. What on earth are you afraid of???

No...it's the fucked-up minds that think it's more important that people have the 'right' to carry firearms that is the problem. You can keep blaming the 'loonies' until the cows come home but if the 'loonies' did not have access to firearms then they wouldn't be causing the problems would they.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and that proof is that Europe does not have the problem with gun massacres that the USA has yet, clearly, we are not devoid of 'loonies'. We probably don't have any less 'loonies' than you do but we don't have infants being massacred in their schools....not once but again and again and again. Now what does that say to someone of average intelligence? It says that there must be some significant difference between us and that a HUGE part of that difference is that firearms are not available here. What else do you think it could be my friend...do tell!
Europe: Loonies + no guns. Result: No infant massacres.
USA: Loonies + guns. Result: Infants massacred in schools...over and over again!

Well that's easy isn't it. All you do is remove the source of the problem...which in the case of the USA is easy access to firearms and the right for virtually ANYONE to carry them. There you have it...the problem virtually disappears....and the proof of that is the figures for the number of deaths by firearms in countries where people do not have the right to carry firearms. Q.E.D.

...yet not broken enough to want to help prevent it happening again by giving up your right to carry firearms!

I think you could have killed just as many with a sword in that school... the kid was known and gained access easily...

Food for thought: Norway has gun ownership ban the same as Europe, but the largest killing in history, all over the world, happened there with a gun... 92 dead including children. I know, a bomb was used as well, but a nut is a nut.

Ban guns and you will get car bombs... the answer is individual responsibility and our government gave us the right to defend ourselves not only from each other, but more importantly from our government.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #17
Francoitalianarmy

Francoitalianarmy recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
LOL!...and just what would these brave citizens and their handguns do against an 'out of control' government that would no doubt be commanding the loyalty of the army...and if the army was not on the side of the government, what need would there be for the citizenry to be armed?? As I said earlier, it might have been a valid excuse in 1787...but now????
Plad... don't worry about guns, watch out for that truck though!!

Old 12-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #18
hrdguera
Bitch

hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Um.... Hey "plad ole' boy," so you ask why an armed citizenry is necessary? Because we have government officials with their collective heads up their asses that wish to brainwash us the same way that other social democrats in Europe have been brainwashed.

Oh, it all sounds just so yummy, to have everyone live so docile and peaceful and following the orders of the self-appointed Masters. But the fact is that our species just isn't there yet. And the self-appointed and even elected Masters are usually the worst of the species, as evidenced by this sterling example of a wanna-be politician with his head up his own ass. And yet, even with these kind of thoughts some idiot selected him to be the highest law enforcement officer in the land.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/holder...1#.UM9WSayk07A
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:16 PM   #19
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francoitalianarmy View Post
Plad... don't worry about guns, watch out for that truck though!!

LOL. That'll teach the bitch!

Old 12-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francoitalianarmy View Post
Food for thought: Norway has gun ownership ban the same as Europe, but the largest killing in history, all over the world, happened there with a gun... 92 dead including children. I know, a bomb was used as well, but a nut is a nut.
....but it's not happening again and again!
Quote:
.....our government gave us the right to defend ourselves not only from each other, but more importantly from our government.
I guess you'll all collectively evolve....one day!

What ya been up to anyway...ya old fart?

Last edited by pladecalvo; 12-17-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: