Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Religion & Philosophy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 340 votes, 4.58 average. Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #6841
Sapphire

Sapphire recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

1 Peter 4:14

New King James Version

14. If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified.

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

"I will not dignify an accusation or a mocker with a reply." - Sapphire
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:14 AM   #6842
Sapphire

Default The Word of GOD.

John 1:5

New King James Version

5. And the *light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

*Jesus.

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

Old 12-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #6843
Sapphire

Default Wisdom Hunters - Night Before Christmas

Night Before Christmas

“So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child.” (Luke 2:4-5)

It was the night before Christmas and Jesus, who was from the line of David, was to be born in the city of David. He was coming, not as a King, but as a Savior to shepherd the souls of hurting humanity. In God’s eyes His Son had always been and always would be. But to mankind the birth of Jesus was the defining moment in history (His story!). Calendars began to divide time: BC (before Christ) to AD (Anno Domini: in the year of our Lord).

In a similar way we define our conversion to Jesus as a new birth into His kingdom. The calendar of our soul is clearly categorized as before Christ and after Christ. The night before our new birth we were lost in our sins. But at the daybreak of our faith, we stepped into the light of forgiveness and were saved from our sins. Indeed, Jesus was born into the world to seek and to save the lost. He was born, so that we could be born again!

“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” (Luke 19:10)

Have you made room for your Lord Jesus at the inn of your soul or is He in the hay barn of your heart? The world’s activities are loud, busy and demanding. It’s easy to drift under their demands and forget the words of our Lord, “Follow Me.” Yes, once the excitement of your new found faith wears off the world can wear you down. So, be intentional as humble shepherds and wise men to search out your Savior. Give Him gifts of gratitude.

Like Joseph, be responsible in care of the mundane: be compliant to the government, know the condition of your family, identify their needs and give them security. Indeed, it’s out of your every day obedience to Christ’s commands that He births faith, hope and love. Your heavenly Father takes care of you, as you take care of His business. Christmas Eve is a celebration of Christ’s entrance on earth and the joy He brings to all who believe!

“With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.” (Isaiah 12:3)

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for Christ’s birth and for my new birth of faith. In Jesus' Name Amen.

Related Readings: Deuteronomy 20:7; Isaiah 9:6; Daniel 6:4; John 4:14, 7:42

-

Old 01-02-2013, 12:55 AM   #6844
Sapphire

Default The Revelation of Jesus Christ

Revelation 22:12-19

New King James Version

Jesus Testifies to the Churches

12. “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”
14. Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. 15. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.
16. “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”
17. And the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” And let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely.

A Warning

18. For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19. and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

-

-

Old 01-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #6845
Sapphire

Psalm 1

New King James Version

The Way of the Righteous and the End of the Ungodly

1. Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2. But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3. He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

4. The ungodly are not so,
But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
5. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6. For the Lord knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the ungodly shall perish.

-

-

Old 01-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #6846
Sapphire

Psalm 2

New King James Version

The Messiah’s Triumph and Kingdom

1. Why do the nations rage,
And the people plot a vain thing?
2. The kings of the earth set themselves,
And the rulers take counsel together,
Against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying,
3. “Let us break Their bonds in pieces
And cast away Their cords from us.”

4. He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;
The Lord shall hold them in derision.
5. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath,
And distress them in His deep displeasure:
6. “Yet I have set My King
On My holy hill of Zion.”

7. “I will declare the decree:
The Lord has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
8. Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
9. You shall break them with a rod of iron;
You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’”

10. Now therefore, be wise, O kings;
Be instructed, you judges of the earth.
11. Serve the Lord with fear,
And rejoice with trembling.
12. Kiss the Son, lest He be angry,
And you perish in the way,
When His wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.

-

-

Old 01-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #6847
universecreator

universecreator has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default Wonderful Sapphire

Uc- Wonderful Sapphire and and your Biblical shield. Yes it was the word of God that his Master Jesus used to defend himself from the devil. Luke4:4.
Pray thee, what would you do, human as you are, if you were to be given the chance to bite the fruit of knowledge, handed to you by the most beautiful creature in all of Heaven. You would know the heart of Wouldhe, loud music and all. See all the young people Wallis has taught. Know Uc, as he destroys another piece of marble. Would you bite the fruit and know all and everything?
Attached Images

Last edited by universecreator; 01-11-2013 at 08:52 PM.
universecreator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:30 AM   #6848
universecreator

Default Old times

Uc- Consistant Shappire, your as bad as I am, me quoting my Shakespeare and you with this C Spurgeon (1892). Quoting people from old times. Right now I study the sonnets. Please tell me you have read your Bible. All the Bible?
Attached Images

Last edited by universecreator; 01-13-2013 at 05:34 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #6849
Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by universecreator View Post
Uc- Consistant Shappire, your as bad as I am, me quoting my Shakespeare and you with this C Spurgeon (1892). Quoting people from old times. Right now I study the sonnets. Please tell me you have read your Bible. All the Bible?
I will answer your post just this One time. And this is the answer you will get every time. So, if you post another question to me...come back to this reply and read it again. Or, if I feel inclined to...I will just copy and past this same reply and post it again.

Jesus said, "Judge not lest you be judged." And I advise you to take it seriously. And so...do NOT assume you know anything about me. Rivers and Waterfalls is my thread. I will post the Word of God in it. If you don't like what I post...do NOT read it.

Your question about the Bible? Yes, I have read the Bible from Genesis through The Revelation of Jesus Christ. I have read ALL the Bible, the entire Bible many times over.

-

-

Old 01-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #6850
universecreator

Default Thank you

Uc- Thank you for your response. Please believe me when I say, I talk and discuss all these subjects, with many people, large and small, for I am an objective scientist. We laugh and find joy when we discover a new oppurtunity for the Book to show us another lesson in life. As close to the word of God as you say you are, you do not seem very nice to me. The words in this book are also of joy and kindness. Perhaps you should read it again with another eye and not a hand used to slap your enemies, what?

Last edited by universecreator; 01-14-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: