Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 2.75 average. Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #71
Wouldhe

Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Then you are "violating their freedom". Sorry - I think Ted Nugent is a lunatic. I know a lot of gun enthusiasts that are at least borderline lunatics.

Let's see this "lunatic" screening process established and see the outcry of violated "freedoms".
Unfortunately you are right. There are a lot of nut cases that are gun enthusiasts. Fortunately they aren't killers.

Max, if you know of a child who acts introverted, does strange things, acts differently, exhibits evidence of problems, in trouble, strange interests, ect. it might be worth while looking into his strange behaviour. It doesn't have to be a violation of his rights.

Last edited by Wouldhe; 12-19-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Wouldhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #72
Wouldhe

Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
C'mon Woodster! Edit your post #61 properly so that I can answer it.
Hell Plad, after all these years I still don't know how to do this right.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #73
DonH

DonH has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default automatic weapons

While I own a number of weapons and I am an avid hunter, I do agree that the argument in favor of citizens owning AR's and AK's is somewhat shaky. If we were to suppose that new legislation is enacted to make the ownership of automatic weapons illegal, how do you suppose it's enactment would be carried out ? House-to house search and seizure sounds a little draconian. I have also read that for the 10 years the Brady bill was in force, there was no depreciable reduction in gun violence which supports the argument that the bad guys will find access regardless of the law. Once the inventory is out there it would be a real challenge to gather it all. Maybe Obama can do another cash for clunkers program. Also, I have read folks here say that if this Conn. kid hadn’t had easy access to the AR-15 that he may not have perpetrated this horrible act. I'd have to disagree. Someone who is hell bent on causing mayhem can find any number of ways to do so. The AR was the easiest object available. If overnight, guns were removed from the scene he might mow them down with his car, build a car bomb, torch the building etc.
Finally, I apologize if this is a regurgitation of arguments already made here. I am normally on the run and didn’t take the time to read through the entire thread. Merry Christmas or should I say Happy Holidays to all.
Regards,
Don

Last edited by DonH; 12-19-2012 at 11:19 AM.
DonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #74
Francoitalianarmy

Francoitalianarmy recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Turning in guns under an amnesty program is crazy... I have thousands of dollars wrapped up in my guns that are either for hunting or protection. I have no assault style rifles, but my point is that why would I turn them in for free... there would have to be a payment program in place or the black market for them would sky rocket.

On another note, if anyone else was watching, all the reports I was watching on the news (CBS) reported all day long on the day of the event that the Bushmaster was found in the trunk of the car.... then all of the sudden, it was determined to be used in the killings.... how did this happen?

Not sure what I missed, but it seemed suspicious to me....
Old 12-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #75
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouldhe View Post
Hell Plad, after all these years I still don't know how to do this right.
It's your age pal. I'm the same. I often go down to the garden shed and stand there for a few minutes....wondering what the feck I went down there for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH View Post
If we were to suppose that new legislation is enacted to make the ownership of automatic weapons illegal, how do you suppose it's enactment would be carried out ?
You give every one six month to turn in there weapons. You make it clear that after that period, there will be random house searches, doesn't have to be many, say 10 names a week picked randomly from the electoral register or whatever similar thing you have there and anyone found in possession of an illegal firearm would face huge fines and long prison terms. Would YOU risk holding an illegal firearm if the consequences of doing so was say.... $20,000 fine (or goods to that value) AND 5 years in prison? I bet your sweet arse you wouldn't.

Quote:
I have also read that for the 10 years the Brady bill was in force, there was no depreciable reduction in gun violence which supports the argument that the bad guys will find access regardless of the law.
Still making excuses I see. Still waiting for you to explain why these things are not going on here.

Quote:
Someone who is hell bent on causing mayhem can find any number of ways to do so. The AR was the easiest object available. If overnight, guns were removed from the scene he might mow them down with his car, build a car bomb, torch the building etc.
He might but then he might not. This is yet another excuse to hold onto your guns. Predicting that something might happen when there is no evidence that it will and, more importantly, there is sound evidence (case in point Europe) that it is unlikely to happen, is not a valid argument.

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 12-19-2012 at 12:14 PM.
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #76
hrdguera
Bitch

hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francoitalianarmy View Post
Turning in guns under an amnesty program is crazy... I have thousands of dollars wrapped up in my guns that are either for hunting or protection. I have no assault style rifles, but my point is that why would I turn them in for free... there would have to be a payment program in place or the black market for them would sky rocket.

On another note, if anyone else was watching, all the reports I was watching on the news (CBS) reported all day long on the day of the event that the Bushmaster was found in the trunk of the car.... then all of the sudden, it was determined to be used in the killings.... how did this happen?

Not sure what I missed, but it seemed suspicious to me....
You didn't miss anything.

""Never Let a Good Crisis Go to Waste,"" is still the prevailing mantra these days. Even the Hurricane Sandy relief has money in it for Alaska Salmon Fisheries? What is that about?

Imagine, today Joe Biden was named as head of the Administration's anti-gun group. I know he is a hunter but really, goofy Joe Biden? You have to be kidding me??

Then today I read that the President is using the Sandy Hook talks to promote his tax plan. I am still heart-broken and now I am just mad on top of that. These guys that we call our government have no shame in exploiting the murder of 26 children and educators. I don't even want to hear anymore sad or disgusting news.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #77
Francoitalianarmy

Francoitalianarmy recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
You give every one six month to turn in there weapons. You make it clear that after that period, there will be random house searches, doesn't have to be many, say 10 names a week picked randomly from the electoral register or whatever similar thing you have there and anyone found in possession of an illegal firearm would face huge fines and long prison terms. Would YOU risk holding an illegal firearm if the consequences of doing so was say.... $20,000 fine (or goods to that value) AND 5 years in prison? I bet your sweet arse you wouldn't

House to house searches!? lol You will find out REAL fast who has a gun for sure if you tried that here in America...

This is the part that confuses you... Gun ownership is a RIGHT here... not a priviledge that can be revoked or modified. It seems so easy to you, but where do you even start this task?

Did folks in Europe get subjected to random searches of their property? Don't you understand this is why we broke away from the Brittish in the first place?

This is WHY guns are allowed here, so that your property can not be violated at will... try again, as that plan would mean a civil war and no one in the military or police would support such a thing as random searches.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #78
DonH

[quote=pladecalvo;1259283]

You give every one six month to turn in there weapons. You make it clear that after that period, there will be random house searches, doesn't have to be many, say 10 names a week picked randomly from the electoral register or whatever similar thing you have there and anyone found in possession of an illegal firearm would face huge fines and long prison terms. Would YOU risk holding an illegal firearm if the consequences of doing so was say.... $20,000 fine (or goods to that value) AND 5 years in prison? I bet your sweet arse you wouldn't.

And when your collection program is a complete success who do you suppose still has the guns?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #79
DonH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post

And one more thing, we couldnt use the electoral register as there are too many dead Democrats listed
Old 12-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #80
Wouldhe

I might be convinced to "sell" my guns in a gun turn-in program but I am not about to throw several thousand dollars down the drain by turning them in free and I will not be left defenseless either way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: