Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 2.75 average. Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #91
DonH

DonH has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
I don't think so, Franco, especially in the Sandy Hook massacre. Lanzo shot his way into the school - I don't think he could have "knifed" his way in. And the sheer number of deaths denies that this carnage could have happened without firearms and large capacity magazines. This puny punk could have been overpowered by a couple of teachers had he not had such firepower.
Timothy McVeigh used fertilizer and diesel fuel
DonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #92
madmax

madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH View Post
Timothy McVeigh used fertilizer and diesel fuel
Yeah... and?
This kid did not have the capacity or training to do what McVeigh did. McVeigh was trained in firearms. He was cowardly and sick in a different way than Lanzo. He killed his mother with her own guns (so much for her guns protecting her, or the safety of a gun owner).

Simple fact: this tragedy could not have happened without firearms, and it wouldn't have been this bad without an assault rifle and high capacity magazines.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #93
DonH

Quote:
Yeah... and?
This kid did not have the capacity or training to do what McVeigh did. McVeigh was trained in firearms. He was cowardly and sick in a different way than Lanzo. He killed his mother with her own guns (so much for her guns protecting her, or the safety of a gun owner).

Simple fact: this tragedy could not have happened without firearms, and it wouldn't have been this bad without an assault rifle and high capacity magazines.
So you have knowledge that, lacking access to firearms, Lanza would not have been able to produce a bomb, toss a few gallons of gasoline or drive a truck laden with explosives into the building? It sounds like his plan was well thought out. I dont understand why you think that a guy with a twisted mind like his who was willing to shoot babies wouldnt use other means to commit his atrocities if the guns werent available. Did the guns make it easier.....no doubt. Would he have killed if the guns werent available.........I believe so
Old 12-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #94
madmax

madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
So you have knowledge that, lacking access to firearms, Lanza would not have been able to produce a bomb, toss a few gallons of gasoline or drive a truck laden with explosives into the building? It sounds like his plan was well thought out. I dont understand why you think that a guy with a twisted mind like his who was willing to shoot babies wouldnt use other means to commit his atrocities if the guns werent available. Did the guns make it easier.....no doubt. Would he have killed if the guns werent available.........I believe so
I do know that McVeigh went through the extensive training that gave him the knowledge on how to pull off his heinous crime. Lanza was generally scared to death and too timid to go through the steps that McVeigh did. Now people monitor large purchases of fertilizer, fuel oil, rental trucks, etc.

Yeah, he may have tried other means had he not had such easy access to weapons. But liker Wouldhe said: this guy was known to have problems and should have sent off all kinds of alarms by using other means. The guns were easy, fast, lethal, and the key point - available.

You argument lacks some key logical points.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #95
Wouldhe

Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

A solution:

http://www.standeyo.com/NEWS/12_Pics....of.day.c.html

Last edited by Wouldhe; 12-19-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Wouldhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #96
DonH

Quote:
I do know that McVeigh went through the extensive training that gave him the knowledge on how to pull off his heinous crime. Lanza was generally scared to death and too timid to go through the steps that McVeigh did. Now people monitor large purchases of fertilizer, fuel oil, rental trucks, etc.

Yeah, he may have tried other means had he not had such easy access to weapons. But liker Wouldhe said: this guy was known to have problems and should have sent off all kinds of alarms by using other means. The guns were easy, fast, lethal, and the key point - available.

You argument lacks some key logical points.
Max you speak as though you have first hand knowledge of this guy. I own a school and have some limited experience with children that suffer from the affliction that plagued Lanza. They are generally very intelligent. He may have been a wimp but I can asssure you that he was likely savvy enough to do the research and build the bomb. You were the one that stated emphatically that without the guns he would not have killed those kids. You cant know that. As for the alarms that I assure you were sounding loud and clear, there are many issues here that need exposure. The guns were a tool in the hands of a very sick person. The underlying problems stem from mental health resources that are inadequate and unable to provide the care that people like Mr. Lanza require.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #97
madmax

Quote:
Max you speak as though you have first hand knowledge of this guy. I own a school and have some limited experience with children that suffer from the affliction that plagued Lanza. They are generally very intelligent. He may have been a wimp but I can asssure you that he was likely savvy enough to do the research and build the bomb. You were the one that stated emphatically that without the guns he would not have killed those kids. You cant know that. As for the alarms that I assure you were sounding loud and clear, there are many issues here that need exposure. The guns were a tool in the hands of a very sick person. The underlying problems stem from mental health resources that are inadequate and unable to provide the care that people like Mr. Lanza require.
All I know is what has been reported:
His mother was a gun enthusiast
They went shooting together
He was timid and reticent around people

His "affliction" is obviously a little more severe than the ones you experience, hence his mother making moves to have him committed.
The gun mentality came into play here - this is my assessment - based on his mother's gun obsession. It's the tool he knew. It's the tool that is too convenient, too easy, too portable, too heavily reiforced by our society.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #98
dumbass

dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
A lot better than a VP that shoots people in the face. And he is a VP with a real heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post
Then today I read that the President is using the Sandy Hook talks to promote his tax plan. I am still heart-broken and now I am just mad on top of that. These guys that we call our government have no shame in exploiting the murder of 26 children and educators. I don't even want to hear anymore sad or disgusting news
Quote:
Really? I guess this is the problem with where you get your news. How about a concrete reference?
http://www.prisonplanet.com/obama-ex...ater-good.html

There you go. You'll not find this in many of the media sources you hold dear.

Quote:
The families of these murdered "26 children and educators" WANTS action (which you call "exploiting"). One man's conciable action is another's "exploitation".
Are tax hikes really the action that is foremost on the minds of the Sandy Hook families today??

By the way, WTF is "One Man's conciable action" ?

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #99
madmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
http://www.prisonplanet.com/obama-ex...ater-good.html

There you go. You'll not find this in many of the media sources you hold dear.
I actually found the WHOLE press conference in media sources I use (I hold none "dear" - don't confuse your blind allegiences with what you suppose about others.)

Here is the problem with your assumption that "obama-exploits-sandy-hook-to-call-on-americans-to-accept-tax-hikes-for-the-greater-good". That is a conclusion that is not really tied to what he said. He is talking about the general fatigue of the public with the election, the stalemates, the tragedies, and the economy, and how leaders need to step up to start solving problems. At about 25 minutes into the conference he articulates what he means: that the tragic events not only exemplify the the fatigue of the country, but it shows how trivial some of these "battles" are, and how it is important to take care of these issues.

I suggest you listen to the entire press conference instead of your nicely edited clip: http://www.politico.com/multimedia/v...nce.html?hp=s1

This press conference was supposed to be about Sandy Hook and action to prevent any recurrence. Why would anybody be surprised that a question about the "fiscal cliff" would have some coloring from the main subject of the press conference?

Quote:
Are tax hikes really the action that is foremost on the minds of the Sandy Hook families today??
Not tax hikes, dumbass, working together to solve our problems. Get real...

Quote:
By the way, WTF is "One Man's conciable action" ?
Like Harley riders always say: "If I have to explain it, you'd never get it."

Last edited by madmax; 12-19-2012 at 08:23 PM.
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #100
evileye

evileye has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
I don't think so, Franco, especially in the Sandy Hook massacre. Lanzo shot his way into the school - I don't think he could have "knifed" his way in. And the sheer number of deaths denies that this carnage could have happened without firearms and large capacity magazines. This puny punk could have been overpowered by a couple of teachers had he not had such firepower.
The guy in China knifed his way into a school and caused more damage.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Nietzsche
evileye is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: