Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 60 votes, 2.75 average. Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 06:16 AM   #111
DonH

DonH has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default Outta here for a few days!

Off to Boston to scoop up my daughter and bring her home for the Holidays. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanzaa....Happy Holidays! I hope your Holidays are filled with laughter, love and good cheer. If there's one lesson to come out a tragedy like Sandy Hook, it's that our lives can take a horrible turn in a heart beat. I can't wait to have the whole family together. I plan to hold them all in my arms as if it could be my last time.

God Bless!

Don
DonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #112
DonH

DonH has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
I'm guessing that they wish more that people weren't allowed to carry guns.

I give up!!
Plad,

It's naieve to think that "not allowing" people to have guns will have any effect on criminals. I do enjoy your posts but on this point you and I will have to disagree. Best regards, Don
DonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #113
madmax

madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH View Post
Plad,

It's naieve to think that "not allowing" people to have guns will have any effect on criminals. I do enjoy your posts but on this point you and I will have to disagree. Best regards, Don
Plad has presented a logical argument of why removing guns does have a big effect on reducing deaths. I don't think his evidence qualifies as "naievity".

This country will not limit basic gun rights. This country should, at least, address qualifications and limiting weapons of mass killing.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:37 AM   #114
hrdguera
Bitch

hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Yes, we are not all going to agree on this.

Here in Texas, like many places, guns are part of our culture. I've carried a gun in my auto and in my camp gear since I was 18. When I had a boat I always had one in my tackle. I have one in my office too and it comes in handy when I have to work late alone. When I get an alarm call from the office in the middle of the night I usually carry one there too. On the ranch not having a gun handy is just plain foolish. Having a gun on the ranch while moving around is just as important as having a water supply or knowing where water is handy. When encountering strangers on the highway or out in the brush on the land it is always smart to assume that they are armed also. You would be surprised how important and prevalent manners and courtesy are in such situations when you assume that everyone is armed. It also should give one pause when thinking about committing a crime away from the city. Here engaging in road rage could easily end up with the "rager" getting shot, especially if a person approaches a woman's car with anger and malice in mind. Ever wonder why Texas men are so courteous to women? They may be packing especially if they are diminutive!

Sure, there are people that shouldn't have guns like children, gang-bangers, NFL players with a history of drug and steroid use. Same goes for basketball players. All "women abusers" are especially subject to be the final repository of a lady's lead too. Whether we like it or not; these are the facts. Sure, the demographics are changing everyday, especially within the inner cities. That bunch of creeps are constantly thinning themselves out and saving us taxpayers money in housing them for years and years. That's not all bad.

It is crude, it is bad, and it is useless carnage. But the guns are just a tool and if it wasn't that tool it would be another tool. So until there is a national pushing of Huxley's "Soma" and everyone chills; I'll keep my firearms handy for my own and my family's protection. No way I'm waiting around for an hour or two for a local "Bobbie" to show up and handle things. Besides, here they tend to shoot everyone and ask questions later.

So think about this next time you call someone a name and insult them to their face or on a blog. It is always a good thing to think that they may be armed and crazy; or just pissed off enough to believe that one less jerk in the world would make the world a better place. Be accountable. Make no sudden moves when a Peace Officer approaches your truck or auto. They tend to be jumpy because they always assume everyone is armed.
Happy Shooting folks! (Hope everyone understands and reads the humor in this post!)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited by hrdguera; 12-20-2012 at 07:41 AM.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #115
evileye

evileye has one green dot.  Good for them!

I would like to wish everyone an early Merry Chistmas/Holiday/what ever you like.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Nietzsche
evileye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #116
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post
Yes, we are not all going to agree on this.

Here in Texas, like many places, guns are part of our culture. I've carried a gun in my auto and in my camp gear since I was 18. When I had a boat I always had one in my tackle. I have one in my office too and it comes in handy when I have to work late alone. When I get an alarm call from the office in the middle of the night I usually carry one there too. On the ranch not having a gun handy is just plain foolish. Having a gun on the ranch while moving around is just as important as having a water supply or knowing where water is handy. When encountering strangers on the highway or out in the brush on the land it is always smart to assume that they are armed also. You would be surprised how important and prevalent manners and courtesy are in such situations when you assume that everyone is armed. It also should give one pause when thinking about committing a crime away from the city. Here engaging in road rage could easily end up with the "rager" getting shot, especially if a person approaches a woman's car with anger and malice in mind. Ever wonder why Texas men are so courteous to women? They may be packing especially if they are diminutive!

Sure, there are people that shouldn't have guns like children, gang-bangers, NFL players with a history of drug and steroid use. Same goes for basketball players. All "women abusers" are especially subject to be the final repository of a lady's lead too. Whether we like it or not; these are the facts. Sure, the demographics are changing everyday, especially within the inner cities. That bunch of creeps are constantly thinning themselves out and saving us taxpayers money in housing them for years and years. That's not all bad.

It is crude, it is bad, and it is useless carnage. But the guns are just a tool and if it wasn't that tool it would be another tool. So until there is a national pushing of Huxley's "Soma" and everyone chills; I'll keep my firearms handy for my own and my family's protection. No way I'm waiting around for an hour or two for a local "Bobbie" to show up and handle things. Besides, here they tend to shoot everyone and ask questions later.

So think about this next time you call someone a name and insult them to their face or on a blog. It is always a good thing to think that they may be armed and crazy; or just pissed off enough to believe that one less jerk in the world would make the world a better place. Be accountable. Make no sudden moves when a Peace Officer approaches your truck or auto. They tend to be jumpy because they always assume everyone is armed.
Well all I can says is, what an absolutely APPALLING way to have to live one's life. To spend your waking hours terrified that you are going to get shot. Man, am I glad I don't live there!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #117
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH View Post
Plad,

Well you see, the argument you appear to be presenting is that if you could not carry guns, the whole fabric of your society would collapse around your ears. You, the common man, would have no mean of protecting yourself from highly armed criminals wandering around your streets and shopping malls indiscriminately gunning people down with machine-guns. You see people being murdered in their beds, house owners shot as they watch TV by 'tooled-up' house breakers. Shops, restaurants and petrol stations will become playgrounds for robbers to gun down diners and shoppers and people will be prisoners in their own homes...afraid to set foot outside for fear of some gangster putting a bullet in their head.

What I'm asking you to address and what you keep avoiding is... why do you think it is that the above things do not happen in Europe or in any of the other countries that do not allow gun ownership? The evidence clearly shows that in countries where gun ownership became illegal, gun related deaths fell dramatically. The evidence also clearly shows that in countries where gun ownership is illegal, gun related deaths are 'insignificant' compared to countries that allow gun ownership. Given that, we can safely conclude that....
removing guns from the general public, significantly reduced gun deaths amongst the general public.

.....so please, tell me why the same would not happen in the USA as has happened everywhere else. Is it that the USA has an inordinately high number of psychopaths wandering the streets? If that is the case, I am at a loss as to why you are not clambering for guns to be removed in order to make your streets safer! Frankly, I just can't get my head around why you would, even for one minute, want to have a situation in your country where you fear being shot and possibly losing your life - just because you happen to look at someone the wrong way whilst waiting at the traffic lights!

What is ironic is that so many of you consider this daily fear of the 'lunatic with a gun' as something to be 'protected' and 'cherished' at all cost!! You consider situations where you could walk the streets and your children could attend school with little risk of being shot dead as 'loosing your freedom' and say that you will fight against it until your dying breath!!!!

Oiy vez! What a country...what a people!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 12-20-2012 at 09:44 AM.
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #118
Wouldhe

Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Plad has presented a logical argument of why removing guns does have a big effect on reducing deaths. I don't think his evidence qualifies as "naievity".

This country will not limit basic gun rights. This country should, at least, address qualifications and limiting weapons of mass killing.
I agree. As opposed as I am to it, I think it's getting out of hand.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #119
Wouldhe

Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Well all I can says is, what an absolutely APPALLING way to have to live one's life. To spend your waking hours terrified that you are going to get shot. Man, am I glad I don't live there!!
It is wierd isn't it. Unfortunately, that's life in America. I am always on guard and always packing.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #120
hrdguera
Bitch

hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
You don't get it do you? Almost everyone is absolutely courteous and respectful here all the times. For me, what is appalling is places where people act like idiots all the time and think they have a right to call you names, act rude, insult your female companions, and take what isn't theirs. You know, I've spent a lot of time in Spain. I love it there. The people are mostly always friendly and kind. It is about the same here unless you are rude and intent on committing a crime. So what's your beef?

I went into a shop yesterday. This sign was posted in the window.

What it says is this:

GUNS ARE WELCOME ON PREMISES
PLEASE KEEP ALL WEAPONS HOLSTERED UNLESS NEED ARISES.
IN SUCH A CASE, JUDICIOUS MARKSMANSHIP IS APPRECIATED

Everyone in the shop was nice, friendly, joyful, and kind. They offered us coffee, cookies, showed us plenty of merchandise, and seemed completely at ease. Amazingly, no one ever gets angry in the store. Even the people in the check out line seemed pleasant and willing to wait their turn. I even heard people .....laughing! Imagine that?

Last edited by hrdguera; 12-20-2012 at 10:24 AM.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: