Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Religion & Philosophy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 2.88 average. Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
Wallis
BPMF!

Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

When I look in the mirror, all I see is a chimpanzee with a large brain.

I am so arrogant, of course, that I feel that I am one of the smarter chimp-humans on the planet.

I am so arrogant of my status that I feel contempt for most of the people around me who, like myself are chimpanzees with large brains, refuse to use those big brains. Except for pleasuring themselves to excess, including committing every nasty thing they can think of to other chimp-humans, these inferior, useless eaters of technology and other resources add nothing to the planet or its future.

I am so arrogant that I pray to the gods for deliverance, to be taken "aloft" and apart from the majority of chimp-humans preventing any kind of evolutionary advancement on my part.

In the meantime, I'll just keep my head down and fiddle with myself like the others, pretending I'm just like them, while my brain evolves into . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

mush.
Wallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #12
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallis View Post
So, papa bird and momma bird are going to have three chicks. Up to this point in time, they have been feeding on seeds. However, the papa bird notes that there are a number of possibilities in the area to expand the diet.

So, he and momma bird decide to experiment with their chicks.

For chick number one, the parents feed it blood. Hence, it will spawn the vampire finch. Problem: it will have to change its beak in order to pierce its victim.

For chick number two, the parents feed it eggs from giant tortoises and land iguanas. It too will have to modify its beak in order to break through the shells.

For chick number three, the parents feed it larva (meat!), and it spontaneously learns how to use a small brushwood or cactus spine to pull out the larva contained in dead tree branches.
Amusing Wal - but it doesn't work like that. The scope of it, even the basics, are complex and require serious study...not something that can be covered on an internet forum. If you really are interested, I would be more than happy to point you in the direction of a publication or two.

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 12-21-2012 at 01:25 AM.
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #13
theophilus

theophilus has one green dot.  Good for them!

Here are some other good sites that will help you understand the truth about evolution:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/

http://creationresearch.org/
Romans 1:20 ESV

blog
theophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #14
Wouldhe

Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

What is important to know and understand is, that early in the Earths development while it was still a molten rock, as the Earth cooled and the atmosphere became capable of creating life, it was then that different species of life began to form. From then until now which encompasses tens of millions of years, different life forms evolved to adapt to the conditions. To try to pin-point a certain event or Gene or anything else that gave weight to evolution is very difficult and does not happen over night.

One fascinating form of evolution that caught my interest was a species of Duck that lives and thrives of rapidly flowing rivers. This duck can move around on a river flowing 10-15 MPH like it is walking on the river. It can actually move up river against the current at 2-3 MPH and hover in one spot on the river if it chooses. To me this is a perfect example of the evolutionary process at work. This ducks environment has caused an evolutionary change to allow this duck to live and thrive in that environment.
Wouldhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #15
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus View Post
Here are some other good sites that will help you understand the truth about evolution:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/

http://www.piltdownsuperman.com/

http://creationresearch.org/
Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!!!
LMFAO! Like you...those 'Liars for Jesus' apologists not only don't understand what the evidence of Evolution actually is, they don't even understand WHAT Evolution is claiming. PATHETIC!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #16
Morbidus

Morbidus has one green dot.  Good for them!

I would like to see some prophet-anybody who could resurrect my dead cat after being stiff as a board for three days back to its former happy, healthy life and then I can tell you with absolute conviction that I will fall down to my knees, do the JC is my personal savior thing, write more posts than Sapphire. I could have said a goldfish-but I think that would be to easy. And it doesn't have to be a human person either-nothing dramatic like that. Just my cat. Where's Benny Hinn when you need him?
Morbidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #17
theophilus

theophilus has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbidus View Post
I would like to see some prophet-anybody who could resurrect my dead cat after being stiff as a board for three days back to its former happy, healthy life and then I can tell you with absolute conviction that I will fall down to my knees, do the JC is my personal savior thing, write more posts than Sapphire. I could have said a goldfish-but I think that would be to easy. And it doesn't have to be a human person either-nothing dramatic like that. Just my cat. Where's Benny Hinn when you need him?
Don't be so sure you would react that way. When Jesus rose from the dead the people who were responsible for his crucifixion were aware of it but instead of acknowledging their error and becoming followers of Jesus they tried to cover up his resurrection. People choose to believe or reject Christ on the basis of whether or not they want to serve God, not on the basis of how much evidence they have.
And he said,"Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father's house—for I have five brothers—so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment." But Abraham said, "They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them." And he said, "No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent." He said to him, "If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.”
(Luke 16:27-31 ESV)
Romans 1:20 ESV

blog
theophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #18
Morbidus

Morbidus has one green dot.  Good for them!

It seems to me that the Bible clearly teaches that "miracles" are done to convince mankind of His Power:

John 4:48 (to official) Jesus therefore said to him, "Unless you see signs and wonders you will not believe." (RSV)

John 11:42 (to God) I know that thou hearest me always, but I have said this on account of the people standing by, that they may believe that thou didst send me.

Acts 9:35 (describing a supernatural miracle) And all the residents of Lydda and Sharon saw him, and they turned toward the Lord.

Acts 13:12 (Paul strikes magician blind) Then the proconsul believed, when he saw what had occured, for he was astonished at the teaching of the Lord.
(Though this seems to be unclear whether it's the teaching or the "miracle" which is convincing).

Hebrews 2:4 While God also bore witness by signs and miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his own will.
(Evidently meaning that such miracles don't happen every time they are needed by man but only when God finds it convenient to give them.

It's interest too, to analyse the supposed greatest mkiracle of all:

Matthew 26:64 ...hereafter you will see the son of man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming on clouds of heaven.

Mark 14:62 ... and you will see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.

(Dr. Luke spins it slightly differently, possibly for the Greek audiance).
Luke 22:69 But from now on the Son of man shall be seated at the right hand of the Power of God.

The first two passages clearly state that the Sanhedrin would see a resurrected Jesus come in Power-but he never came. Which is likely a good reason why Luke phrased it differently.
Morbidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #19
Wouldhe

Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbidus View Post
It seems to me that the Bible clearly teaches that "miracles" are done to convince mankind of His Power:

John 4:48 (to official) Jesus therefore said to him, "Unless you see signs and wonders you will not believe." (RSV)

John 11:42 (to God) I know that thou hearest me always, but I have said this on account of the people standing by, that they may believe that thou didst send me.

Acts 9:35 (describing a supernatural miracle) And all the residents of Lydda and Sharon saw him, and they turned toward the Lord.

Acts 13:12 (Paul strikes magician blind) Then the proconsul believed, when he saw what had occured, for he was astonished at the teaching of the Lord.
(Though this seems to be unclear whether it's the teaching or the "miracle" which is convincing).

Hebrews 2:4 While God also bore witness by signs and miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his own will.
(Evidently meaning that such miracles don't happen every time they are needed by man but only when God finds it convenient to give them.

It's interest too, to analyse the supposed greatest mkiracle of all:

Matthew 26:64 ...hereafter you will see the son of man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming on clouds of heaven.

Mark 14:62 ... and you will see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.

(Dr. Luke spins it slightly differently, possibly for the Greek audiance).
Luke 22:69 But from now on the Son of man shall be seated at the right hand of the Power of God.

The first two passages clearly state that the Sanhedrin would see a resurrected Jesus come in Power-but he never came. Which is likely a good reason why Luke phrased it differently.
Your Matthew and Mark Quotes are self-evident that they are false. The reason being is, It gives the impression that a "physical" man will be sitting when in fact the physical is left behind and the spirit moves on. So to say "the son of man is sitting at the right hand of God" is false. We don't know if God has hands nor do we know he is physical. All impressions is that everything is in spiritual form thus making these claims false.
Wouldhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:15 AM   #20
Wallis
BPMF!

Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Go ahead, Plad. Please remember that I am interested in the mechanism that initiates the evolutionary change.
Wallis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: