Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #391
Kenny55

Kenny55 always pays their child support on time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
How's my friend Kenny? ;)

It's my Sweetie Sweet! How are you doing? So happy you popped in for a visit!

You know what it's like around here.....always keeping busy, but all is going fairly well at the moment. Just trying to cope and get ready for the holidays.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-man View Post
Hate winter :(

Ditto!
Kenny55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #392
Kenny55

Wishing all my mates at The Coffee Shop a very Merry Christmas!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #393
angina

angina has one green dot.  Good for them!

And wishing everyone here a happy and prosperous New year. Hope it turns out to be better than the one gone.
angina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #394
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Couldn't be any worse. If I stole money off people like the banks have stolen money off me, I'd be in friggin' jail now.

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 12-30-2012 at 10:52 AM.
pladecalvo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #395
Kenny55

Quote:
Originally Posted by angina View Post
And wishing everyone here a happy and prosperous New year. Hope it turns out to be better than the one gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Couldn't be any worse.

Happy New Year to you as well. I'll agree with Plad....it has to be better than 2012!
Old 12-31-2012, 04:23 AM   #396
angina

angina has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny55 View Post
Happy New Year to you as well. I'll agree with Plad....it has to be better than 2012!
Yup, agree with Plad too... the trouble with Plad is that he always talks sense, but he doesnt talk enough.
angina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #397
Kenny55

Quote:
Originally Posted by angina View Post
Yup, agree with Plad too... the trouble with Plad is that he always talks sense, but he doesnt talk enough.
Probably because we aren't controverisal like the religion/political forums...
Old 01-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #398
Wallis
BPMF!

Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

I wish I could share Plad's sentiment. But, alas, I cannot.

I strongly feel that 2013 is just the beginning of "we haven't seen anything yet."

1. I might piss off the Obama fans who adore him unconditionally, but I remain unapologetic. Remember those 900-plus executive orders he signed over the last four years? They have a purpose, and that purpose will come to fruition soon enough.

2. War? We haven't seen an end to war. We have been treated only to a teaser.

3. I have watched the exchange rate over here drop precipitously while the cost of purchasing necessary goods has increased. Imagine what it will be like when the dollar is worth 50% of what it is now.

4. Some aspects of the so-called "New Order" do not look that bad on paper. A few actually give the promise of peace and prosperity. One the other hand, there are a few proposals and already-passed UN directives that are aimed at taking away the few freedoms left in America, such as the Child Rights law.

I am reminded much of Emily's call for a Rule of Law overarching establishment, as if to believe that laws alone can control the chaotic behavior of human beings.

5. Nietzsche's superman theory is not dead. The human race is moving towards that possibility. Sometimes in leaps and bounds. Other times glacially slow. In the meantime, masses numbering in the millions are singing hymns to herald in the utopia of being slaves to the ultra-rich and ultra powerful.

It is going to be a year of just trying to keep one's head above water. This struggle is designd to focus on personal problems and ignore the machinations that are creating and perpetuating the conditions that are preventing solutions to our personal problems.

Hindsight, armchair quarterbacks wonder why the human race did not wake up, recognize the dangers or at least their symptoms, and do something to prevent the holocausts of World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the genocides of Pol Pot, Yugoslavia, Africa, and just a seemingly endless list of man's inhumanity.

The question should be turned around: why aren't we seeing the symptoms and dangers today? Because we, just like our predecessors, are either incapable of seeing them (20% validity) or do not want to see them (80%), to include the fear of being labeled as conspiratalists, the second-most insult and society-ostracizing label below terrorist.

Mother-Nature? Well, the pundits in various disciplines will never cease in their dire warnings of impending doom. The truth is rather varied. Mankind pretty much occupies just about every inch of terra firma, so even the slightest quirk of nature is going to affect someone. Where once humans sparsely occupied terra territories, mother nature smacking most areas of the globe would have gone unnoticed. Being that there are so, so many of us, we now have the opportunity--love the opportunity--to complain all the more. Oh, and expect Big Brother to bail us out because of our stupidity to build and live in precarious places (e.g., the slopes of California, islands directly in the known paths of hurricanes, building unsafe, non-earthquake buildings in earthquake-prone regions, etc.)

So, where do I stand? I have twelve mouths to feed. I am dependent upon my pension and Social Security, which means that I am definitely a part of the "infamous" 47%. I have to number my priorities in favor of my family, which means that every once in a while I can speak out regarding my view of the health of the United States and the world, KNOWING FULL WELL that this post has become a part of the vacuum-cleaner collection by the National Security Agency and stored in case of any future government action taken against me. [That is no conspiracy; it is a documented fact that the NSA is collecting and copying every form of communication generated by human beings. Just after Nixon's downfall, we had to sign documents that promised we would not monitor or collect on any American, including American organizations. That "rule" or policy has long been rescinded in the aftermath of 9/11. Welcome to the beginnings of "1984."]
Wallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #399
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Wal! That's really cheered me up.

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #400
Kenny55

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Thanks Wal! That's really cheered me up.
I just knew a happy news post would bring you back! Ang will be glad to know you're still walking among us.....