Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 2.90 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 05:46 AM   #281
dumbass

dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneArm View Post
One person with a gun, vs one hundred people with nothing but their bare hands. Who wins?
The real question is not who wins but more like how many will loose.

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #282
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
Agreed 110%.

I know that I will probably never change the minds that are already made up but I'm hopeful that enough can continue understand the real purpose for being an armed society. My kids and Grandchildren understand perfectly what is at stake and I believe they will teach my Great Grandchildren as well.
Oh boy! 'God bless America!' ...and God help the rest of us.

I'll wager that you play 'Paintball' on the weekends don't you...and that you still have all your 'Action Man' toys.

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 12-31-2012 at 07:12 AM.
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #283
OneArm

OneArm has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
The real question is not who wins but more like how many will loose.
Exactly. Now ask yourself how many people have lost their lives in 2012 to gun violence. How many people have shot up a room full of people, just because they could, because they had a gun, a means to do so.

Even though all guns are dangerous, only the fully automatic ones are in question. Then again, if there there stricter rules for buying guns, then all this back and forth talk on which gun people should be allowed to own wouldn't be an issue.

Right now, here in Chicago, I walk into a gun store, show the guy my foid card, fire arm ownership id. Then I can purchase any weapon in store, do a 72 hour background check and the gun is mine. Buying guarantee the gun online is easier.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #284
Francoitalianarmy

Francoitalianarmy recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Oh boy! 'God bless America!' ...and God help the rest of us.

I'll wager that you play 'Paintball' on the weekends don't you...and that you still have all your 'Action Man' toys.
So when you trading in that bike? You don't need all that power and don't make the mistake of comparing guns with motor vehicles... we know what kills more... that scooter is waiting!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #285
Francoitalianarmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneArm View Post
Exactly. Now ask yourself how many people have lost their lives in 2012 to gun violence. How many people have shot up a room full of people, just because they could, because they had a gun, a means to do so.

Even though all guns are dangerous, only the fully automatic ones are in question. Then again, if there there stricter rules for buying guns, then all this back and forth talk on which gun people should be allowed to own wouldn't be an issue.

Right now, here in Chicago, I walk into a gun store, show the guy my foid card, fire arm ownership id. Then I can purchase any weapon in store, do a 72 hour background check and the gun is mine. Buying guarantee the gun online is easier.
Semi auto's are in question... fully auto is already banned. Most handguns, many shotguns are included... pretty much everything except single shot, lever, bolt and pump action weapons.

Here is the requirement for the FOID:

To possess or purchase firearms or ammunition, Illinois residents must have a Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) card, which is issued by the Illinois State Police.[3] The police must issue FOID cards to eligible applicants. An applicant is disqualified if he or she has been convicted of a felony or an act of domestic violence, is the subject of an order of protection, has been convicted of assault or battery or been a patient in a mental institution within the last five years, has been adjudicated as a mental defective, or is an illegal immigrant.[4] There are additional requirements for applicants under the age of 21.[5] In 2011, in the case of People v. Holmes, the Illinois Supreme Court ruled that non-Illinois residents who are permitted to possess a firearm in their home state are not required to have an Illinois FOID card.[6][7]

What more do you think should be done? I think there is a 7 day wait on handguns in PA... not positive though.

Last edited by Francoitalianarmy; 12-31-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Francoitalianarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #286
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francoitalianarmy View Post
So when you trading in that bike? You don't need all that power and don't make the mistake of comparing guns with motor vehicles... we know what kills more... that scooter is waiting!
You're just being silly now. Apples and apples old boy. Why don't you get rid of your truck and get a horse. A horse will do all the things your truck will do. It won't be as expensive and it won't pollute the world. I've already told you why I have a large bike. If you think you can do what I do with a 150CC scooter you must have rocks in your head...oh, wait a minute - you have!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
Old 12-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #287
Francoitalianarmy

Quote:
You're just being silly now. Apples and apples old boy. Why don't you get rid of your truck and get a horse. A horse will do all the things your truck will do. It won't be as expensive and it won't pollute the world. I've already told you why I have a large bike. If you think you can do what I do with a 150CC scooter you must have rocks in your head...oh, wait a minute - you have!
But you see, I have guns as well as a truck... but YOU are the one trying to get me to give up something and you KNOW that scooter will get you to the same place... just a little slower - better to enjoy the scenery with!

No, a horse won't do everything a truck can do and illegal to ride in many cities... try again!

The ONLY reason you got that bike with that size motor is to enjoy the power... face it! I'm not saying it is a bad thing, but you know it is true. Maybe others do like the fact that they have powerful weapons - assault style weapons and remember, I don't own an assault weapon.

Last edited by Francoitalianarmy; 12-31-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Francoitalianarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #288
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francoitalianarmy View Post
But you see, I have guns as well as a truck... but YOU are the one trying to get me to give up something and you KNOW that scooter will get you to the same place... just a little slower -
...but you are wrong because it is not powerful enough to do the job required of it. On the other hand, a small pistol (if you feel that you can't live without your 'comforter' ) would protect you from all these hoards of vicious, armed to the teeth criminals that I'm told are pervading, the streets of your cities, just waiting to gun down innocent, unarmed and helpless citizens by their hundreds of thousands. An assault weapon designed for the battlefield is not necessary. THAT would be like using a 1200cc bike to go to work on when you only live a mile from your work.

Quote:
No, a horse won't do everything a truck can do and illegal to ride in many cities... try again!
Then tie the fecker up in the suburbs and walk. Your feet will get you to the same place... just a little slower - better to enjoy the scenery with!

Quote:
The ONLY reason you got that bike with that size motor is to enjoy the power... face it!
Of course I enjoy the power...but the power is requisite for my needs.

Now go fuck yourself!

I wish our old pal Orion was here to enjoy the banter. I miss the old tosser!

Old 12-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #289
Francoitalianarmy

Unhappy

Quote:
...but you are wrong because it is not powerful enough to do the job required of it. On the other hand, a small pistol (if you feel that you can't live without your 'comforter' ) would protect you from all these hoards of vicious, armed to the teeth criminals that I'm told are pervading, the streets of your cities, just waiting to gun down innocent, unarmed and helpless citizens by their hundreds of thousands. An assault weapon designed for the battlefield is not necessary. THAT would be like using a 1200cc bike to go to work on when you only live a mile from your work.

Then tie the fecker up in the suburbs and walk. Your feet will get you to the same place... just a little slower - better to enjoy the scenery with!

Of course I enjoy the power...but the power is requisite for my needs.

Now go fuck yourself!

I wish our old pal Orion was here to enjoy the banter. I miss the old tosser!
So you see... you have that Macho motorcycle maniac attitude! lol I too miss the old goat... fecker had to check out early on us... he woulda loved this back and forth!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #290
www.Jobs4Adults.com

www.Jobs4Adults.com has one green dot.  Good for them!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: