Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Computers, Technology & Gaming

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 2.47 average. Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
Georgtaylor

Georgtaylor has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default Can i Run Two windows simultaneously in a single system

Hi Friends,

I want to know can i run two windows(Window 7 & Window XP) simultaneously in a single system

Thanks
Georgtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
ninety3feet

ninety3feet has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default Two LCDs for one PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgtaylor View Post
Hi Friends,

I want to know can i run two windows(Window 7 & Window XP) simultaneously in a single system

Thanks
technically it can be done.

But you may need to upgrade or add some hardware to your current system. You will need an additional port, which can be VGA, DVI or HDMI, so if you current PC does not have an extra port on the back somewhere, then you might need to purchase a video card to install. To get an idea of what these ports may look like, just a web search for monitor ports.

if you need to purchase a video card to add to the computer, you will need to look inside the case for any available slots, such as PCI Xpress. If you are not comfortable with adding the card, you might want to contact a local computer geek for assistance.

Good luck.
ninety3feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
omegaflames

omegaflames has one green dot.  Good for them!

No you can not. Only 1 operating system can control a computer system at a time. ninety3feet either misread your post or has no clue how operating systems actually work. What you can do is use a virtual machine (VM) and install a 2nd operating system on the VM. VMWare is one of the popular VM programs. You can do a simple search to find some others too.
omegaflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
techplc

techplc has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default you can have 2 OS but not simultaneously

yes you can 2 windows at same system but you can't use it simultaneously..but virtual machine is the only option you can use 2 windows simultaneously.search more about this topic on google....
techplc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #5
x3graphics

x3graphics has one green dot.  Good for them!

As techplc said you can run both of them, one as your main OS and one virtually. I use a program called virtualbox(free) but, you may need different serial keys for both. I use it to run linux as my guest system and windows is my primary.
x3graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
willoghby

willoghby has one green dot.  Good for them!

GeorgTaylor,

Can you please explain what you're trying to do, as I think we're all a little perplexed about the word "Simultaneously" in the context you're using it.

In the past I've "dual booted" many OS's, but not Windows 7 & XP (so far), but you may find the following link useful:

Dual Boot Win7 & XP
willoghby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
hp2011

hp2011 has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasee941 View Post
Yes you can. Running two Operaating System in a single Computer is called double booting. You can do double or even triple booting with most operating system including Microsoft windows, Ubuntu, linux and Mac.
To do it just put the OS DVD in during boot and press F2 when notified "Boot from DVD, press F2". Normally install the os in another directory than the C: Drive and choose the option "Run alongside with my Operating System" option.
Done!
No this is a lie .. Only an Amiga can.

What he is talking about is VM or Virtual Machine it is still time sharing. NOw what he said above is Ill boot here then ill reboot to here. With the Amiga controlling you can actually boot all at once in true -real-time with true multitasking. you need both to have the other and the Amiga is the only one to do or have as such.
hp2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:14 AM   #8
buky

buky has one green dot.  Good for them!
Talking

Quote:
Hi Friends,

Thanks
Only if you put one OS inside a VirtualMachine.I run Linux Mint that comes with Oracle VirtualBox.. I installed Win 7Pro in the VirtualBox and I also test different Linux OS's in it..If you try and install windows OS's as a dual boot the MBR won't register the installed OS..It will install over the top of the exsisting OS...VirtualMachine is fun too...
buky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #9
buky

buky has one green dot.  Good for them!
Talking Use VirtualBox by Oracle...Windows doesn't dualboot..

Quote:
Hi Friends,

Thanks
Only if you put one OS inside a VirtualMachine.I run Linux Mint that comes with Oracle VirtualBox.. I installed Win 7Pro in the VirtualBox and I also test different Linux OS's in it..If you try and install windows OS's as a dual boot the MBR won't register the installed OS..It will install over the top of the exsisting OS...VirtualMachine is fun too...
buky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #10
RoyJball

RoyJball has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default Yes you can

Quote:
Hi Friends,

Thanks
Just partition your hard drive install 7 on one partition and 8 on the other.... Here is a video showing you how to do this....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC7N8gowe6w.... So yes you can if you what you could have windows 7 with 8 and ubuntu... I have done this a few times my self.. So no you dont need any new hard ware and no you dont have to run virtual machine to to this.... But beware that you do loss resources by doing this ( hard drive space).....hope this helps.....
RoyJball is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: