Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average. Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
dumbass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 4,125
dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default Puppet or Leader???

Serious question. Am I the only person that is beginning to believe that our President is no more than a puppet, the face of something larger than himself, being controlled and orchestrated by, what I call, puppeteers?

When I see him, in my mind's eye, I see the a high-tech version of the marionette strings that made Howdy Doody seem real, when I was a kid, creating the same sense of reality for the president.
__________________
"IT TAKES A DISCIPLINED PERSON TO LISTEN TO THE CONVICTIONS DIFFERENT THAN OUR OWN" Dorothy Fuldheim

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
pgh69
Senior Member
 
pgh69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: pittsburgh, pa
Posts: 2,089
pgh69 always pays their child support on time
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
Am I the only person that is beginning to believe that our President is no more than a puppet
As far as I know, yes, you are the only person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
When I see him, in my mind's eye, I see the a high-tech version of the marionette strings that made Howdy Doody seem real, when I was a kid, creating the same sense of reality for the president.
What in the world would lead you to that absurd conclusion? What an imagination you have. When the facts don't fit your narrative, imagine a vast, complex conspiracy. But don't keep us in suspense...please share with us the ultimate goals of this mysterious cabal that is really running America.
__________________
What I believe is that all clear-minded people should remain two things throughout their lifetimes: Curious and teachable.

The late, great Roger Ebert
pgh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
madmax
Senior Member
 
madmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Strat-o-various
Posts: 15,989
madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh69 View Post
As far as I know, yes, you are the only person.
The funny thing is Obama's predecessor was deemed a figurehead by some with a lot more behind it.

George Bush was groomed for quite a while by a team (some ended up in his cabinet) before his run. The power weilded by Cheney also feeds into this theory.

The neocons had an agenda. Two of their main goals came to pass: the Bush Tax Cuts and the Iraq war.
__________________
Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - JFK
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
DonH
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: hunterdon
Posts: 52
DonH has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
Serious question. Am I the only person that is beginning to believe that our President is no more than a puppet, the face of something larger than himself, being controlled and orchestrated by, what I call, puppeteers?

When I see him, in my mind's eye, I see the a high-tech version of the marionette strings that made Howdy Doody seem real, when I was a kid, creating the same sense of reality for the president.
When I worked in the corporate world we called guys like him "suits". Looks real good, delivers a polished speech, charismatic smile.......all fluff and no stuff! I would love to turn off his teleprompter or put some people in the press pool that ask serious questions.

Last edited by DonH; 01-02-2013 at 10:06 AM.
DonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
hrdguera
Bitch
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas, in the suburbs
Posts: 4,361
hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default When it is over ....

When this stuff is all over the President will not be known for anything important, amazing, or even for the fact that he is the first African-American President.

He will be known as the asshole that is best at spending other people's money and nothing else.

I will probably even forget the part about other people's money.

I am so disgusted over the outcome of the Holiday's negotiations plus the fact that no one, absolutely no one was willing to stand up against him and his foppish Senate leader.
The time for a change was in November but it seems enough people were drinking the "Kool-Aid" bought with other people's money that they must have believed that we really can spend ourselves into prosperity.

Last edited by hrdguera; 01-02-2013 at 11:58 AM.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
madmax
Senior Member
 
madmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Strat-o-various
Posts: 15,989
madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post
When this stuff is all over the President will not be known for anything important, amazing, or even for the fact that he is the first African-American President.

He will be known as the asshole that is best at spending other people's money and nothing else.

I will probably even forget the part about other people's money.

I am so disgusted over the outcome of the Holiday's negotiations plus the fact that no one, absolutely no one was willing to stand up against him and his foppish Senate leader.
The time for a change was in November but it seems enough people were drinking the "Kool-Aid" bought with other people's money that they must have believed that we really can spend ourselves into prosperity.
The negotiations reflected the will of the people. Get over it, or move to Mexico.
Maybe one of your New Years resolutions should have been to quit sniffing glue.

"Spending other peoples' money".. that's a good one! Reagan was the one that sent us on this spending trajectory, for decades before that we were paying down our debt until he opened the spending floodgates (remember Dick Cheney's famous line - "Reagan proved deficits don't matter")... but he is not an "asshole"... W sent us back into deficit spending, crashed the economy... but he is not labeled as an "asshole" that spends other peoples' money.

New year, same lack of perspective and snarky sour grapes whining from HG.
__________________
Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - JFK
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
madmax
Senior Member
 
madmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Strat-o-various
Posts: 15,989
madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH View Post
When I worked in the corporate world we called guys like him "suits". Looks real good, delivers a polished speech, charismatic smile.......all fluff and no stuff! I would love to turn off his teleprompter or put some people in the press pool that ask serious questions.
That happens at every press conference.
It happened in the Meet the Press interview just days ago. Pay attention.
__________________
Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - JFK
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
dumbass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 4,125
dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh69 View Post
As far as I know, yes, you are the only person.
Than perhaps you live either a sheltered life or you're naive. I've heard other people express similar concerns on several occasions.

Quote:
What in the world would lead you to that absurd conclusion? What an imagination you have. When the facts don't fit your narrative, imagine a vast, complex conspiracy. But don't keep us in suspense...please share with us the ultimate goals of this mysterious cabal that is really running America.
What part does my narrative play in my original question? I asked for opinions and you offered yours.

Do I understand correctly from your comment that, your belief is, it's an IMPOSSIBILITY that there may be an organized, clandestine group of powerful people that exert influence over our government and/or the elected officials thereof?

Not surprisingly MadMax offered:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
The funny thing is Obama's predecessor was deemed a figurehead by some with a lot more behind it.

George Bush was groomed for quite a while by a team ....
which is illustrative that some believe in the existence of or the possibility that, there could be a conspiratorial theme or grand plan to influence or "GROOM" our officials to suit their agenda.
__________________
"IT TAKES A DISCIPLINED PERSON TO LISTEN TO THE CONVICTIONS DIFFERENT THAN OUR OWN" Dorothy Fuldheim

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess

Last edited by dumbass; 01-03-2013 at 07:59 AM.
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
Grandpa_Dave
Senior Member
 
Grandpa_Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Panama City, FL
Posts: 472
Grandpa_Dave has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default

Damn the Torpedoes... Full Speed Ahead. Tax and Spend and FUCK the Country. Obama is well on his way to destroy the Republic.

What the Hell, not only tax and spend but borrow more from China to feed the Nanny-State.

It's live for moment and the Hell with the future generations.
__________________
Grandpa Dave
Grandpa_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #10
madmax
Senior Member
 
madmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Strat-o-various
Posts: 15,989
madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!
Default

Its not my theory... and it is not so "clandestine"...

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/06/16/wo...ted=all&src=pm

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/...on.bush.brain/

The reality is that every president is the quarterback of the team. The modern presidency needs to operate this way... leading some to call them a "figurehead". While Bush lacked intellectual depth, he was "the decider". An awkward phrase but accurate. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that Cheney wielded too much power in the Bush admin, reinforcing that "who is in charge" uneasy feeling.

The whole election and financing system is rigged to set up someone who is "electable". So it is not a question of whether or not some rich and powerful interests are TRYING to exert influence - they always have. The question is whether they DO control those in power.
__________________
Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - JFK
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:41 AM.

Copyright 2005 Evil Empire