Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average. Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
dumbass

dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default Puppet or Leader???

Serious question. Am I the only person that is beginning to believe that our President is no more than a puppet, the face of something larger than himself, being controlled and orchestrated by, what I call, puppeteers?

When I see him, in my mind's eye, I see the a high-tech version of the marionette strings that made Howdy Doody seem real, when I was a kid, creating the same sense of reality for the president.

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
pgh69

pgh69 always pays their child support on time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
Am I the only person that is beginning to believe that our President is no more than a puppet
As far as I know, yes, you are the only person.

Quote:
When I see him, in my mind's eye, I see the a high-tech version of the marionette strings that made Howdy Doody seem real, when I was a kid, creating the same sense of reality for the president.
What in the world would lead you to that absurd conclusion? What an imagination you have. When the facts don't fit your narrative, imagine a vast, complex conspiracy. But don't keep us in suspense...please share with us the ultimate goals of this mysterious cabal that is really running America.

The late, great Roger Ebert
pgh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
madmax

madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh69 View Post
The funny thing is Obama's predecessor was deemed a figurehead by some with a lot more behind it.

George Bush was groomed for quite a while by a team (some ended up in his cabinet) before his run. The power weilded by Cheney also feeds into this theory.

The neocons had an agenda. Two of their main goals came to pass: the Bush Tax Cuts and the Iraq war.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
DonH

DonH has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Serious question. Am I the only person that is beginning to believe that our President is no more than a puppet, the face of something larger than himself, being controlled and orchestrated by, what I call, puppeteers?

When I worked in the corporate world we called guys like him "suits". Looks real good, delivers a polished speech, charismatic smile.......all fluff and no stuff! I would love to turn off his teleprompter or put some people in the press pool that ask serious questions.

Last edited by DonH; 01-02-2013 at 10:06 AM.
DonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
hrdguera
Bitch

hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default When it is over ....

When this stuff is all over the President will not be known for anything important, amazing, or even for the fact that he is the first African-American President.

He will be known as the asshole that is best at spending other people's money and nothing else.

I will probably even forget the part about other people's money.

I am so disgusted over the outcome of the Holiday's negotiations plus the fact that no one, absolutely no one was willing to stand up against him and his foppish Senate leader.
The time for a change was in November but it seems enough people were drinking the "Kool-Aid" bought with other people's money that they must have believed that we really can spend ourselves into prosperity.

Last edited by hrdguera; 01-02-2013 at 11:58 AM.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
madmax

madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post
When this stuff is all over the President will not be known for anything important, amazing, or even for the fact that he is the first African-American President.

He will be known as the asshole that is best at spending other people's money and nothing else.

I will probably even forget the part about other people's money.

I am so disgusted over the outcome of the Holiday's negotiations plus the fact that no one, absolutely no one was willing to stand up against him and his foppish Senate leader.
The time for a change was in November but it seems enough people were drinking the "Kool-Aid" bought with other people's money that they must have believed that we really can spend ourselves into prosperity.
The negotiations reflected the will of the people. Get over it, or move to Mexico.
Maybe one of your New Years resolutions should have been to quit sniffing glue.

"Spending other peoples' money".. that's a good one! Reagan was the one that sent us on this spending trajectory, for decades before that we were paying down our debt until he opened the spending floodgates (remember Dick Cheney's famous line - "Reagan proved deficits don't matter")... but he is not an "asshole"... W sent us back into deficit spending, crashed the economy... but he is not labeled as an "asshole" that spends other peoples' money.

New year, same lack of perspective and snarky sour grapes whining from HG.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
madmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH View Post
When I worked in the corporate world we called guys like him "suits". Looks real good, delivers a polished speech, charismatic smile.......all fluff and no stuff! I would love to turn off his teleprompter or put some people in the press pool that ask serious questions.
That happens at every press conference.
It happened in the Meet the Press interview just days ago. Pay attention.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #8
dumbass

dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh69 View Post
Than perhaps you live either a sheltered life or you're naive. I've heard other people express similar concerns on several occasions.

Quote:
What in the world would lead you to that absurd conclusion? What an imagination you have. When the facts don't fit your narrative, imagine a vast, complex conspiracy. But don't keep us in suspense...please share with us the ultimate goals of this mysterious cabal that is really running America.
What part does my narrative play in my original question? I asked for opinions and you offered yours.

Do I understand correctly from your comment that, your belief is, it's an IMPOSSIBILITY that there may be an organized, clandestine group of powerful people that exert influence over our government and/or the elected officials thereof?

Not surprisingly MadMax offered:
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
The funny thing is Obama's predecessor was deemed a figurehead by some with a lot more behind it.

George Bush was groomed for quite a while by a team ....
which is illustrative that some believe in the existence of or the possibility that, there could be a conspiratorial theme or grand plan to influence or "GROOM" our officials to suit their agenda.

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess

Last edited by dumbass; 01-03-2013 at 07:59 AM.
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #9
Grandpa_Dave

Grandpa_Dave has one green dot.  Good for them!

Damn the Torpedoes... Full Speed Ahead. Tax and Spend and FUCK the Country. Obama is well on his way to destroy the Republic.

What the Hell, not only tax and spend but borrow more from China to feed the Nanny-State.

It's live for moment and the Hell with the future generations.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #10
madmax

Its not my theory... and it is not so "clandestine"...

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/06/16/wo...ted=all&src=pm

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/...on.bush.brain/

The reality is that every president is the quarterback of the team. The modern presidency needs to operate this way... leading some to call them a "figurehead". While Bush lacked intellectual depth, he was "the decider". An awkward phrase but accurate. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that Cheney wielded too much power in the Bush admin, reinforcing that "who is in charge" uneasy feeling.

The whole election and financing system is rigged to set up someone who is "electable". So it is not a question of whether or not some rich and powerful interests are TRYING to exert influence - they always have. The question is whether they DO control those in power.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: