Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #1
DonH
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: hunterdon
Posts: 52
DonH has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default Al Gorezeera

Evidently Current TV refused an offer from Glenn Beck because they had concerns about his stated views. Why then accept an offer from Al Jazeera?
DonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
hrdguera
Bitch
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas, in the suburbs
Posts: 4,347
hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH View Post
Evidently Current TV refused an offer from Glenn Beck because they had concerns about his stated views. Why then accept an offer from Al Jazeera?
That question answers itself. Gore is what many call a "Benedict" that is concerned mostly with the Benjamin's and he is so yesterday's news that he quit being relevant years ago.

Hey, maybe Obama will lift him out of insignificance and give him a Cabinet post like he did John Kerry? How about Secretary of Global Warming?
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
DonH
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: hunterdon
Posts: 52
DonH has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post
That question answers itself. Gore is what many call a "Benedict" that is concerned mostly with the Benjamin's and he is so yesterday's news that he quit being relevant years ago.

Hey, maybe Obama will lift him out of insignificance and give him a Cabinet post like he did John Kerry? How about Secretary of Global Warming?
Better yet, secretary of the internet!
DonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
hrdguera
Bitch
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas, in the suburbs
Posts: 4,347
hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH View Post
Better yet, secretary of the internet!
Now that is funny!
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
Sapphire
Senior Member
 
Sapphire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,294
Sapphire recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH View Post
Evidently Current TV refused an offer from Glenn Beck because they had concerns about his stated views. Why then accept an offer from Al Jazeera?
Good question.

Al Gore lives up to him name. Gore.

He's a treasonous liberal hypocrite!
__________________
Hebrews 3:4 - For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

"I will not dignify an accusation or a mocker with a reply." - Sapphire
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
Sapphire
Senior Member
 
Sapphire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,294
Sapphire recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default More info. By: Dr. History

http://www.israpundit.com/archives/52070

January 3, 2013

Al Gore: Greedy Traitor, Liar and Hypocrite

-------------------------------------------
Comment from Laura: A traitor for selling out America to muslim interests and admitting he has more in common ideologically with this jihadist network then to patriotic Americans like Glenn Beck, who he refused to sell the station to on the grounds that Beck doesn’t share Current’s ideology. But obviously al jazeera does. What does that tell us about Gore and his partners? Al gore, a liar who made millions on the global warming hoax. A hypocrite for making sure the sale occurred by Dec. 31 so that he would not be subjected to the capital gains tax increase even as he has advocated the wealthy pay their “fair share”. And finally an antisemite for helping promote a steady stream of vicious anti-Israel lies and propaganda to American viewers that will assuredly be featured on the al jazeera owned Current TV.
-------------------------------------
Al Gore TV Becomes Al Jazeera TV
By Daniel Greenfield, FRONT PAGE MAG

So smoothly does the transition of a liberal propaganda cable news network that no one watched proceed to an Islamist propaganda cable news network that no one watches.
Al Jazeera is a propaganda network for the Qatari tyranny which has a hand in backing every Islamist terrorist group from Hamas to Al Qaeda.
Qatar has enough money to burn that it’s decided that it wants a finer control over the liberal message with its own ‘left of left’ news network. Considering that Current TV was meant to appeal to lefties in that sweet spot between MSNBC (too right wing) and RT (too crazy), this is a tricky balancing act.
---------------------------------------------
Announcement: Al Jazeera is finalizing a deal to take over Current TV, the low-rated cable channel that was founded by Al Gore and his business partners seven years ago.
If the deal is completed, Current will provide the pan-Arab news giant with something it has sought for years: a pathway into American living rooms. Current is available in about 60 million of the 100 million homes in the United States with cable or satellite service.
Rather than simply use Current to distribute its existing English-language channel, called Al Jazeera English and based in Doha, Qatar, Al Jazeera will create a new channel based in New York, according to people with knowledge of the deal negotiations. Potentially called Al Jazeera America, roughly 60 percent of the programming will be produced in the United States while the remaining 40 percent will come from Al Jazeera English.
Al Jazeera may absorb some Current TV staff members, according to the people, who insisted on anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. But Current’s schedule of shows will most likely be dissolved in the spring.
The plan will bring Al Jazeera, which is financed by the government of Qatar, into closer competition with CNN and other news channels in the United States.
-------------------------
Greenfield continues: I don’t see this as competition so much as Al Jazeera creating its own RT and PressTV, except with a bigger presence on American airwaves. But Current TV had a limited presence to begin with. And there’s no serious reason to think that Al Jazeera America will do much better than the BBC, from which it was originally born.
Like RT and PressTV and Xinhau, Al Jazeera is regime propaganda. The difference is that American leftist media has decided to ignore the fact that Al Jazeera is just another network owned by a totalitarian regime looking to spread its propaganda. Maybe now they’ll be forced to stop ignoring it.


-

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!
__________________
Hebrews 3:4 - For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

"I will not dignify an accusation or a mocker with a reply." - Sapphire
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
Sapphire
Senior Member
 
Sapphire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,294
Sapphire recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default Al Gore Hates Oil But Loves Oil Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH View Post
Evidently Current TV refused an offer from Glenn Beck because they had concerns about his stated views. Why then accept an offer from Al Jazeera?

Al Gore Hates Oil But Loves Oil Money
By Bernard Goldberg

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/011...inter_friendly

I used to think Al Gore was full of it when he went on and on about global warming. Then he co-founded Current TV and I changed my mind. There's enough hot air coming out of the mouths of their left wing commentators to raise the temperature of the entire earth by a few degrees all by themselves.
You're forgiven if you have no idea what I'm talking about. Unless you're one of the 12 people who watch Current TV there's a good chance you never heard of it. Let's just say that politically Current TV is so far out there in left field that it makes the libs on MSNBC almost sound reasonable.
Because Current was such a financial flop, Gore and his business partners decided to sell. (These are the same geniuses, by the way, who once paid Keith Olbermann $10 million dollars and got nothing but trouble in return.) But they wanted a very special buyer, one who shared their values, they said.
Turns out Glenn Beck wanted to buy Current but no way Gore and his team would ever let that happen. They refused to take an offer from Beck because, as one source put it, "the legacy of who the network goes to is important to us and we are sensitive to networks not aligned with our point of view."
Instead, they sold out to al Jazeera. Seriously.
If you think that's funny wait until you hear the rest of the story. The government of Qatar owns al Jazeera (which claims to be independent from the government). Qatar makes about a bazillion dollars a week selling oil to the gas-guzzling world. So if you connect the dots you can easily see that money derived from oil bought Current TV — from the same Al Gore who has spent the past decade or so railing against oil, unless it's being pumped into the private jet which hauls his considerable rear end all over the place.
Can you say irony? But wait. Don't say it yet.
It also turns out that Gore — whose picture you see if you look up the word "liberal" in the dictionary - wanted to close the deal before December 31. Why? Because he reportedly is making about $100 million on the sale and (wait for it) wanted to avoid the higher tax rates on people like him that went into effect on January 1 of this year. (He missed by a day; the deal wasn't done until January 2nd.)
Don't you love those sanctimonious liberals who tell us the rich need to pay their "fair share," that raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans is the patriotic thing to do and then do their best to make sure they themselves don't actually have to pay higher taxes.
"I believe the rich do need to pay higher taxes. But that shouldn't include me," Al Gore told a news conference after making the deal. No he didn't. I just made it up. But it's a safe bet that he said it to somebody, like his lawyer and accountant.
There's another word you can look up in the dictionary and find Al Gore's picture right beside it. The word is "hypocrite."


-
__________________
Hebrews 3:4 - For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

"I will not dignify an accusation or a mocker with a reply." - Sapphire
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #8
pgh69
Senior Member
 
pgh69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: pittsburgh, pa
Posts: 2,084
pgh69 always pays their child support on time
Default

Gore's a moron. Thankfully, he's pretty much irrellevant, politically speaking, at this point in time.
__________________
What I believe is that all clear-minded people should remain two things throughout their lifetimes: Curious and teachable.

The late, great Roger Ebert
pgh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #9
DonH
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: hunterdon
Posts: 52
DonH has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default

Now that his wealth has eclipsed Romney's there are several articles on the net detailing his rise from $2.0 million net worth in 2000 to ~ $300 million now. They mention the millions he made as environmental advisor to google. Why would a search engine company need a multi-million dollar environmental advisor?

Last edited by DonH; 01-09-2013 at 01:50 PM.
DonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:54 PM.

© Copyright 2005 Evil Empire