Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Religion & Philosophy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 2.88 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #41
evileye

evileye has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallis View Post
Partially.

I was intrigued by the snow rabbit. One set of allele (maybe one, I don't know) causes some of the offspring to sport white coats. These rabbits have a better chance of camoflage and will probably pass off these "new" or modified genes to their offspring.

Seems to me that there is a lot of "chance" though. It's almost as if Mother Nature is playing roulette all the time, and the House wins most of the time. What does "win" or survive is those mutations that prove beneficial to the species.
In many cases yes. If you look at micro-organisms the rate of detrimental mutation vs the rate of beneficial mutation is vastly in the favor of detrimental. Most mutations in nature will end in the death. Most people just generally pay attention to the good mutations, and do not really think of the bad mutations. Sickle Cell Anemia is a mutation, the thing that is interesting is that while being detrimental to the health of the person it provides protection against Malaria. There are other mutations in humans that provide help to the immune system. The thing I find interesting is that environment does trigger evolutionary steps or mutations if you like. People in Affica have a high chance of having Sickle Cell because it is a mutation response to Malaria. A small population of Europeans have Immunity to HIV because of a mutation that took place durring the Plague, the WBC's that get infected by HIV are missing the Protein that the virus targets.

But Virology really should be discused in a Science forum.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Nietzsche
evileye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #42
Morbidus

Morbidus has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default Ecclesiastes 3:19

For the fate of the sons of man and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies the other; indeed they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.
Morbidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #43
Sapphire

Sapphire recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbidus View Post
For the fate of the sons of man and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies the other; indeed they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.
Ecclesiastes was written before Jesus Christ, and HE is The Eternal LIFE and The Resurrection from the dead. HE came to this earth, to seek and to save the lost! Those who Believe and follow HIM, will have eternal life.

That is why The Gospel, is called "The Good News."

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears Godís words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.Ē
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

"I will not dignify an accusation or a mocker with a reply." - Sapphire
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #44
Morbidus

Morbidus has one green dot.  Good for them!

I quess then we have to call Ecclesiastes "The Bad News".
Morbidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #45
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

I think we should call most of the Bible 'Bad News'.

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #46
Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbidus View Post
I quess then we have to call Ecclesiastes "The Bad News".
Yes, before Christ...Ecclesiastes is bad news.

The good news is, God created humans and have given all freewill to make their own choices.

Just as there is physical laws...such as gravity, there is spiritual laws. If a person wants eternal life...they must be born of the spirit through Jesus Christ. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Read John chapter one.

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears Godís words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.Ē
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #47
OneArm

OneArm has one green dot.  Good for them!

I'd much rather read a science book, with the hopes of understand my surroundings and how it really came to be. The true path to enlightenment is through knowledge, not made up stories.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #48
Cusco

Cusco has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
The good news is, God created humans and have given all freewill to make their own choices.
The bad news is, that God being.. Omniscience, Omnipresence, Omnipotence, he already knew those "free will choices" before they were even made
Cusco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #49
Wouldhe

Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Free will = Believe in me or die.
Do as I say or die.
Obey the ten commandments or die.

Free will??
Wouldhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:51 PM   #50
Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouldhe View Post
Free will = Believe in me or die.
Do as I say or die.
Obey the ten commandments or die.

Free will??
Being a created human being...you have the choice of Life or death.

You are an unbeliever. Okay, I understand that. And you live in America...the Land of the Free and the home of the brave. Lots of immigrants from ALL over the world come to America to escape communism, dictatorship, slavery, etc..

America is a free country. But, you have to pay your taxes to enjoy the freedom this country has to offer. You have to abide by the laws of the land, in order to ensure a life free of penalties or worse.

People that rebel and break laws end up in jail or prison or worse. Does that mean laws are bad? On the contrary...the laws of the land were put into place for the benefit of ALL people. The lawbreakers, gangsters, rebels, terrorists, etc., should not be tolerated.

GOD is the Judge of the living and the dead. And His laws are righteous and good. Choose life. Those who choose death will have what they chose.

-

-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: