Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Religion & Philosophy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 2.88 average. Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #71
UnknownNobody

UnknownNobody has one green dot.  Good for them!

All of what you wrote were words of men. Not one of those references was attributed to JC.
Unless we are Jewish, we are not bound by the Old Testament. So those admonitions do not apply. As far as the laws of man, I would hope that not even you Sapphire, would want to go back to the days of slavery or murdering Native Americans to be paid a bounty.

I hope that one day you too can learn to not hate someone because of who they love.

Last edited by UnknownNobody; 01-07-2013 at 02:00 PM.
UnknownNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #72
evileye

evileye has one green dot.  Good for them!

Well as I understand the meaning of the parts of the Bible in question.

All sins are covered by Jesus, they are still sins but Jesus died to cover the price of the sins.

So if you beleive that you can be allowed in heaven by excepting Christ then you beleive any one can do the same. Reguardless of sin.

So Saphire if you are allowed into heaven with your sins, then anyone else would be allowed by the same grace. I am willing to put money on the fact that you sin every day most of the time not even realizing your sins. Everyone does, because someone breaks a law in the bible you agree with does not mean they are any better or worse than you breaking laws you do not agree with.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Nietzsche
evileye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #73
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownNobody View Post
All of what you wrote were words of men. Not one of those references was attributed to JC.
I wonder if she ever has a thought of her own??

Quote:
I hope that one day you too can learn to not hate someone because of who they love.
Not a chance mate! Hatred and bigotry is all she knows and what's worse...she's comfortable with it.

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 01-07-2013 at 02:19 PM.
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #74
Wallis
BPMF!

Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

I am sure that, by now, you all have detected the huge flaw in Sappy's argument.

1. She claims that Jesus said homosexuality is a sin leading to eternal punishment.

Plad correctly asked "Where?"

2. Sappy inexplicably quoted books of the Old and New Testament that clearly were not written by Jesus. Nor do they quote messages, teachings, and sayings by Jesus.

In other words: Genesis, Leviticus, Jude, and Romans.

Clearly, this is an argument I would expect to come from a Kindergartener with its illogic and extremely biased undertones. Overtones, too, I expect.

----------

Prejudice against homosexuality--among all the others--is non-Christian. NOWHERE did Jesus ever say or indicate that everyone EXCEPT GAY are to follow him or be accepted in his community.

But let us look at the Jewish laws and religious norms of the day. By the way, most of the Old and New Testament were written by Jews who were heavily influenced by both the Jewish religion and world viewpoint.

1. Homosexuality was not a way of life. It was a rite of religion. Thus, the Jewish laws included not only forbidding eating of certain foods that were religiously connected with non-Jewish religion but also with practices that were included in non-Jewish religious rites. That includes prostitution with females as well.

2. Homosexuality was looked upon as degrading by other non-Jewish societies. Nero, for example, was despised by his own army generals and personal staff because he engaged in an occassional affair with a male. Worse, the "receiver" of such activity was regarded as less than human.

3. The Christian church ACCEPTED homosexuality for nearly 500 years. The only stipulation or limitation to such unions and practices was that the partners could NOT be equals.

This abusive behavior and prejudice against homosexuals is NOT scripturally supported. It is the work of a few uneducated individuals who have woven inaccurate translations and misinterpretations of the original writers to create a religion that Christianity has come to represent: hatred, bias, prejudice. Everything that Jesus did not represent or preached.

And this is the kicker: if Sappy and her ill-informed, Christian mafia really believed that their version of a little tin-horn god was really anti-homosexual, then why, oh why, did the first Christians accept homosexual relationships as natural?

Second, what makes these bastards spreading a truly anti-Christ message feel that they have all the answers vis-a-vis the originators of the Christian church and religion? Their audacity to re-re-re-interpret the founding concept and philosophy just appals, and that they get away with it is equally appalling in that no one seems willing to stand up to them and expose their unequivocable bullshit.
Wallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #75
Wallis
BPMF!

Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
Since GOD is the same yesterday, today and forever...what He's said is the SAME.
This cracks me up.

God may be the same all the time, but God is certainly not the same throughout the Bible.

It is people like Sappy who are afraid of reading their Bibles and discovering that their little god changes with each story. They are afraid that the little tiny rock they stand on--in this case, a tome of 66 books--will disintegrate should they lose faith on believing this tome is the absolute truth.

More is the pity.

Instead of stone, they have created an idol of paper and words.

They are like the Dwarves in the Seventh Book of the Chronicles of Narnia, locked in the stable and refusing to come out, while all of creation outside the stable is being transformed into the new world, the perfect afterlife. Even while Aslan (the Christ figure of Narnia) and even the children who visited and played their parts in Narnia try to convince the Dwarves to come out into the new reality of God and the totality of God in so many, many forms, they--the Dwarves and these extremely close-minded "Christians" of hate and anti-Christ in demeanor--remain locked forever in a prison of their own making. A HELL fashioned not by the "hands" nor will of any God but by their own making.
Wallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #76
Sapphire

Sapphire recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileye View Post
Well as I understand the meaning of the parts of the Bible in question.

All sins are covered by Jesus, they are still sins but Jesus died to cover the price of the sins.

So if you beleive that you can be allowed in heaven by excepting Christ then you beleive any one can do the same. Reguardless of sin.

So Saphire if you are allowed into heaven with your sins, then anyone else would be allowed by the same grace. I am willing to put money on the fact that you sin every day most of the time not even realizing your sins. Everyone does, because someone breaks a law in the bible you agree with does not mean they are any better or worse than you breaking laws you do not agree with.
Your understanding is totally perverted.

You do NOT have a get into Heaven free card, just by saying you're sorry and asking Jesus to forgive you.

A person that repents, (turns from his wicked ways) and turns to live righteously under the grace of God...is forgiven. Not people that CONTINUE in their perverted sexual sins!!

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

"I will not dignify an accusation or a mocker with a reply." - Sapphire
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #77
Sapphire

Wallis, you're a fool that claims to KNOW the teachings of Jesus. And you are the Most perverted person here on backpage. (next to plad).

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

Old 01-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #78
UnknownNobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
Wallis, you're a fool that claims to KNOW the teachings of Jesus. And you are the Most perverted person here on backpage. (next to plad).
oh no Sapphire, I'm a happy sodomite (giving and receiving) so i must be the most perverted.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #79
Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownNobody View Post
oh no Sapphire, I'm a happy sodomite (giving and receiving) so i must be the most perverted.
You're not a Sadducee like Wallis. He claims to KNOW the teachings of Jesus and he knows NOTHING. He's one of the most prideful I've seen here, next to plad. God hates pride...because prideful people think they know it all, and God can do NOTHING to help them.

Some of the prideful: Look at Cain in the Book of Genesis (Cain killed Able because he was prideful and jealous of his brother), and look at Saul in the Book of 1 Samuel 15. And Saul in the Book of Acts 9:3-5

And you, UnknownNobody may not be a total loss. You don't have an understanding of the Old Testament and New Testament. The BIBLE, IS the full and complete Word of GOD. And Jesus did not do away with the Old Testament. Jesus FULFILLED the Law of Moses. Jesus is the Fulfillment of the Old Testament and HE also fulfilled ALL the Prophecies. And on the Cross, Jesus said, "It is finished." and Then He died.

The Blood of Jesus can cover your sins and make you a New Creation in Christ. If you want to turn away from your wicked ways and follow Jesus...He will cleanse you from all your sins.

1 Samuel 15:10-11

Saul Rejected as King

10 Now the word of the Lord came to Samuel, saying, 11 “I greatly regret that I have set up Saul as king, for he has turned back from following Me, and has not performed My commandments.” And it grieved Samuel, and he cried out to the Lord all night.

Acts 9:3-5

3 So Saul headed toward Damascus. As he came near the city, a bright light from heaven suddenly flashed around him. 4 Saul fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul! Why are you persecuting me?”
5 Saul said, “Who are you, Lord?”
The voice answered, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.

Jesus had to knock Saul off his high horse and speak to him. And Jesus gave him a new name, Paul. And Paul repented of all his sins and followed Jesus.Paul went on to be on of the most influential Gospel writer and messengers in the New Testament.

-

Old 01-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #80
UnknownNobody

"...And I want you to look at the flag, our rainbow flag, and I want you to look at it with pride in your heart, because we too have a dream. And what is our dream? Ours is more than an American dream. It's a universal dream. Because in South Africa, we're black and white, and in Northern Ireland, we're Protestant and Catholic, and in Israel we're Jew and Muslim.
And our mission is to reach out and teach people to love, and not to hate." - Leonard Matlovich, May 7, 1988

Last edited by UnknownNobody; 01-07-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: