Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 2.94 average. Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #101
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post
No Gun zones haven't worked.
Every law that has been put forward, and there are many, don't seem to stop the lunatics.
Really? Did you miss the quotes in post #84????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francoitalianarmy View Post
Now this is funny... first you blame Spain's woes on the sub-prime banking practice and not the individual getting the loan... are you serious?

Did you ever think of holding accountable the person getting the loan... KNOWING they can't afford a 200k loan, yet took it anyway??
Have you ever experienced a situation of wanting or even needing something that you can't afford? Someone comes along and offers you that money and you'll take it, so no, I don't blame the people who borrowed the money... who probably didn't think too much about paying it back...much like the people who borrow from loan-sharks, they often take it out of desperation to get what they want or need.

Who I do blame is the greedy, immoral twats who lent the money when they knew that the borrowers couldn't pay it back but who were only concerned with their own selfish greed for the huge bonuses they knew they would get for selling the policies.

Quote:
... what happened to living within your means??
Well now, that's easy to do when you have enough money to live within your means isn't it?

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #102
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradStdnt View Post
Any hopes for landing a ESL teaching job there?
Probably. With the present crisis, huge numbers of Spaniards are learning English in the hopes that it will improve their chances of getting a job. Your problem getting a job teaching English will be that...as an American...you don't speak English!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #103
dumbass

dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
yes they do but civilised democracies use the ballot box to remove them when they do....not guns.

Spain like most of the world, is in a financial mess due to YOUR country's sub-prime lending fiasco. Spain like most of the world, is in a financial mess due to that thing so beloved of your country...'Free Trade', Free trade that allowed banks to operate virtually uncontrolled which in turn allowed arsehole bankers to rip us all off, take all our savings and investments, ruin the lives of countless millions....and then walk away laughing with mega-million dollar bonuses.

...but that has been happening for decades...not only in governments but in industry too. FYI, Spanish pensioners are very content. Not only are their pensions amongst the highest in Europe, with the average pension at around Ä1000 ($1311) per month but they get FREE holidays and free health care too.

Quite a bit it would appear......

"Though gun-related deaths did not suddenly end in Australia, gun-related homicides dropped 59 percent between 1995 and 2006, with no corresponding increase in non-firearm-related homicides. Suicides by gun plummeted by 65 percent, and robberies at gunpoint also dropped significantly."

"Perhaps the most convincing statistic for many, though, is that in the decade before the Port Arthur massacre, there were 11 mass shootings in the country. Since the new law, there hasnít been one shooting spree."
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Asia-...n-control-laws

"Gun violence hasn't been completely eliminated in Australia. But gun-control advocates are quick to point out that there hasn't been a single mass shooting in the 16 years since the laws came into effect."
http://www.npr.org/2012/12/21/167814...their-gun-laws
What I don't understand is the mentality of people that are obsessed with owning guns. Australia identified the problem and were sensible enough to do something about it. Clearly America isn't. Stop whinging about your 'rights' and your 'amendments' and 'constitution'. You have a major problem and you need to grasp the answer that is staring you right in the face. As it said in one of the articles...'you can own a gun provided you can show that you have a NEED to own a gun.
Well PC, to a certain extent opinions are like assholes in that everybody has one but there are no two alike. Obviously that's true because our's definitely differ and so be it.

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #104
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradStdnt View Post
I know..LOL. I actually contemplated moving to Dui Bai for 3 years to teach western medical practices in administration.
If I were you bro, I'd learn to speak English myself before trying to teach it to others. It's 'Dubai' ...not "Dui Bai"

Last edited by pladecalvo; 01-07-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #105
Francoitalianarmy

Francoitalianarmy recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Have you ever experienced a situation of wanting or even needing something that you can't afford? Someone comes along and offers you that money and you'll take it, so no, I don't blame the people who borrowed the money... who probably didn't think too much about paying it back...much like the people who borrow from loan-sharks, they often take it out of desperation to get what they want or need.

Who I do blame is the greedy, immoral twats who lent the money when they knew that the borrowers couldn't pay it back but who were only concerned with their own selfish greed for the huge bonuses they knew they would get for selling the policies.
LOL... come on bro! We see stuff everyday we want! Just because it is there, doesn't mean you over extend yourself defaulting on everything! Sure there were incentives, but not holding the individual accountable is just silly.

Quote:
Well now, that's easy to do when you have enough money to live within your means isn't it?
WTF does that mean? So if I want a new bike and can't afford it, should I just steal it??? lol... you are slipping ya old tosser!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #106
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francoitalianarmy View Post
WTF does that mean?
I can see you've never been poor dude.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #107
hrdguera
Bitch

hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
I can see you've never been poor dude.
Now that is gun control I can believe in: hitting the asshole that is stealing your bike with a well placed bullet.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #108
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post
Now that is gun control I can believe in: hitting the asshole that is stealing your bike with a well placed bullet.
We tend to call the police over here. I'm getting more and more convinced that you dudes have some kind of mass induced psychological problem.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #109
hrdguera
Bitch

hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
We tend to call the police over here. I'm getting more and more convinced that you dudes have some kind of mass induced psychological problem.
We call them too.
They start the clean-up when they eventually arrive.
Someone has to get rid of the body of the thief.

But on a more serious note ....most people do call the police.
Even when I could have confronted this felon face to face breaking into my vehicle (already loaded for a photo-shoot the next day) I chose to instead remotely set-off the panic alarm instead of firing my weapon.
If he had done anything except run away fast or lay down on the ground I might have done something different. I was prepared but since I could not determine many things about the felon I chose the least hazardous route.
Having a gun does not automatically make one trigger happy. Nor does it make it easier to take a life, or a limb.
But had I been threatened ..... I don't know. Luckily, for both of us ...he ran like the scared thief he was.

And I do hate a thief.

Last edited by hrdguera; 01-07-2013 at 03:53 PM.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #110
GradStdnt

GradStdnt recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Wink

Quote:
If I were you bro, I'd learn to speak English myself before trying to teach it to others. It's 'Dubai' ...not "Dui Bai"
I am not a bro...but a senorita!! I was too lazy to spell check this...I always misspell this country. Thank you professor for catching my error
GradStdnt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: