Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 2.94 average. Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 01:22 AM   #131
evileye

evileye has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Didn't work for him did it.
Right you are, he was stoped by men with guns.

Quote:
ALL of Europe is already there...but compare our 'death by gun' figures and our crime figures to yours and then ask yourself....who are the fucking mugs here?
Move to a US State bordering Mexico and see if you still feel the same way about guns. Bans or no bans, gang bangers and drug runners will still have guns.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Nietzsche
evileye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 AM   #132
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileye View Post
Right you are, he was stoped by men with guns.
Equating a world war with everyday life in the USA is rather daft don't you think.

Quote:
Move to a US State bordering Mexico and see if you still feel the same way about guns. Bans or no bans, gang bangers and drug runners will still have guns.
Gang bangers and drug runners all over the world have guns, they always have. Are you honestly telling me that gang bangers and drug runners have such a significant effect on the everyday life of the majority of the American people, that you all need assault weapons to protect yourselves from them? Come on dude, who are you trying to fool here....surely you can think of a better excuse to play at 'Rambo' than that? I would wager that American gangs and drug runners are no different to gangs and drug runners anywhere else in the world, they have guns to shoot rival gangs and drug runners (and many, including me would say, where is the problem in that), not to gun down any innocent, law abiding citizen they happen to meet in the street.

You can make all the excuses in the world for keeping your guns...gang bangers, house breakers, drug runners, crazy people in the mall, conspiracy theories about oppression of the people by an evil 'commie' governments, 2nd amendment etc etc, blah, blah, ad nauseum ....but at the end of the day, the reason you won't give up your guns and make your country a safer place to live for all of you is because you have an unhealthy obsession with guns and will not give them up NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE GET KILLED BY THEM. That my friend is the honest truth that you are afraid (or perhaps ashamed) to come to terms with.

Don't you think that we also have gang bangers, drug runners, house-robbers, crazy people in the mall and conspiracy theorists? Of course we do....but we have no guns - and yet... we are not getting murdered in our beds, we are not terrified of getting shot if we step outside our houses, our children are not getting slaughtered in school on a regular basis, we rarely have news items telling us that a dozen people have been gunned down in the supermarket, there are no gangs of armed criminals systematically gunning down citizens in the street.

Yet you and your countrymen are convinced, AGAINST ALL THE EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY from countries that prohibit personal weapons, that the whole fabric of American society is going to collapse and all those things are going to happen to you if you don't have your guns.

So then....what is it that makes us so different to you that it's not happening here? Are we better educated, more civilised, further up the evolutionary ladder allowing us to live together in relative peace rather than shoot our neighbour if he upsets us? Or is it perhaps as simple as us accepting the verifiable evidence, the simple logic that if there are less guns in our world, there is less risk of people being harmed by guns...and THAT is a world we would very much like our children to live in. So my friend. Do tell me what you think it is. I'm keen to know.

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 01-09-2013 at 04:44 AM.
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:18 AM   #133
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Yeah Steve, let's put some bullets in UN peacekeepers like a bunch of terrorist would.
Unfortunately, Steve's attitude is how so much of the world see Americans. That 'Rambo' style, 'we don't take no shit from nobody- let's go in with all guns blazing and kill the bastards' attitude so beloved of American 'we saved the world' war films. Too many many Americans think the answer to the world's problems is a B52 bomber.

Quote:
There is no "NWO to disarm the good citizens of the USA"... I thought you were a lot sharper than that.
Conspiracy theorists....don't you just love 'em?

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 01-09-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:49 AM   #134
DonH

DonH has one green dot.  Good for them!

[quote=pladecalvo;1290603]Unfortunately, Steve's attitude is how so much of the world see Americans. That 'Rambo' style, 'we don't take no shit from nobody- let's go in with all guns blazing and kill the bastards' attitude so beloved of American 'we saved the world' war films. Too many many Americans think the answer to the world's problems is a B52 bomber.

These same people should thank God that the "Rambo Americans" where there to come to their defense in World War II.
DonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #135
evileye

evileye has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
So then....what is it that makes us so different to you that it's not happening here? Are we better educated, more civilised, further up the evolutionary ladder allowing us to live together in relative peace rather than shoot our neighbour if he upsets us? Or is it perhaps as simple as us accepting the verifiable evidence, the simple logic that if there are less guns in our world, there is less risk of people being harmed by guns...and THAT is a world we would very much like our children to live in. So my friend. Do tell me what you think it is. I'm keen to know.
Well Plad, when I mentioned that the Gun Laws in Mexico you said we should only speak of "Civilized" countries. Well answer me this does the country that borders where you live have criminal organizations more organized than your police and better armed?

Better educated and more civilized maybe, futher up the evolutionary ladder I doubt it, do you have criminals no doubt, is the situation in Europe the same as the one in America not a chance.

I do not think any civilian needs a fully automatic weapon. I have a problem with how guns and asault weapons are being veiwed as the same thing.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Nietzsche
evileye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #136
madmax

madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

It seems like Gen McChrystal disagrees with Franco... talks about the "deadly" 5.56 rounds.

The lead in is funny, but has very serious overtones.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-epi...=synd_facebook
Old 01-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #137
Francoitalianarmy

Francoitalianarmy recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
It seems like Gen McChrystal disagrees with Franco... talks about the "deadly" 5.56 rounds.

The lead in is funny, but has very serious overtones.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-epi...=synd_facebook
First off... he prefaces the statement that he can't speak for ALL military, but his quote was that it could fire at 3000FPS and when it hits human flesh, it does terrible damage... as it should. Nothing about being deadly and much more to the point about doing more damage than lethality....

I'm not going to spend anymore time talking about the ballistics of the AR, but take my word for it... at 100 yards, I would rather take that type round than a round from a 30.06 hunting rifle... if I had to take one or the other.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #138
madmax

madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francoitalianarmy View Post
First off... he prefaces the statement that he can't speak for ALL military, but his quote was that it could fire at 3000FPS and when it hits human flesh, it does terrible damage... as it should. Nothing about being deadly and much more to the point about doing more damage than lethality....

I'm not going to spend anymore time talking about the ballistics of the AR, but take my word for it... at 100 yards, I would rather take that type round than a round from a 30.06 hunting rifle... if I had to take one or the other.
You're right... I wasn't comparing it to a 30.06.
His quote about not speaking for all military was not about ballistics, but about military weapons in the hands of non-military people.

Seems like damage is how you get a kill - lethality. We have 26 bodies, at least some of those demonstrate the lethality, wouldn't you say?

Last edited by madmax; 01-09-2013 at 01:30 PM.
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #139
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH View Post

These same people should thank God that the "Rambo Americans" where there to come to their defense in World War II.
Oh for fuck's sake shut up! We've been through this over and over again. We are talking about NOW not 70 years ago. Would you like me to bring up all the times that we have helped America in their various invasions of other countries?

Old 01-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #140
hrdguera
Bitch

hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Oh for fuck's sake shut up! We've been through this over and over again. We are talking about NOW not 70 years ago. Would you like me to bring up all the times that we have helped America in their various invasions of other countries?
There will be no agreement.
I will not be disarmed and neither will America. If by some chance this administration seeks to make law abiding citizens into criminals by Executive Order or by any such means .... then it is they that should be careful where they tread among the people they are supposed to represent and govern by election in this Republic. It just isn't going to happen and no pleading rational discourse or name calling is going to persuade America to relieve ourselves of our weapons. End of discussion.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: