Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 2.94 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #191
hrdguera
Bitch
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas, in the suburbs
Posts: 4,349
hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
The verifiable, peer reviewed, scientific evidence from countries that do not have guns prove the programme wrong. Understandably, you turn your eyes away from that evidence, preferring instead...a TV programme!

LMFAO!
Facts don't lie like mad dogs and Englishmen.
England banned guns but there are so many criminals carrying guns now and using them that the Bobbies are carrying them too. How is that working for you back on the Homefront?

As for peer reviewed "facts" we have only to look at other topics where there is disagreement and both sides claim exclusivity with the facts and still we wonder where the truth really is located.
You will not be swayed and neither will I. When it is all said and done I will still have a gun and you can wonder the fields with the herd.

Last edited by hrdguera; 01-13-2013 at 08:20 AM.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #192
pladecalvo
Senior Member
 
pladecalvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 16,608
pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post
You really need to remember that this nation was founded by people that didn't like being taxed and told what to do.
How about you?
__________________
Jesus is UNBELIEVABLE!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 01-13-2013 at 08:30 AM.
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #193
pladecalvo
Senior Member
 
pladecalvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 16,608
pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post
Facts don't lie like mad dogs and Englishmen.
England banned guns but there are so many criminals carrying guns now and using them that the Bobbies are carrying them too.
No, they are not...and this misinformation was pointed out to Franco when he made the same claim. Normal British 'bobbies' to not carry guns. The only police that carry guns in Britain are 'special forces' that are assigned to deal with terrorism in places like airports or the protection of VIPs such as government officials or the parasites in the 'Royal Family'. So you are wrong. The ordinary 'bobby on the beat' does not carry a gun, never has carried a gun and has never made a request to carry a gun.

Quote:
How is that working for you back on the Homefront?
I don't live there so it doesn't affect me but I do live in a country that prohibits gun ownership and it works fine...just like it works fine in all the other European countries that prohibit guns. We find that we don't need them because, when they were banned, our street did not suddenly fill with armed criminals gunning us down as we sat in the town square having breakfast.

Quote:
As for peer reviewed "facts" we have only to look at other topics where there is disagreement and both sides claim exclusivity with the facts and still we wonder where the truth really is located.
The 'truth' lies in what can be observed on the streets of any major European city you chose to visit. People are not so afraid for their lives that they need guns.

Quote:
You will not be swayed and neither will I. When it is all said and done I will still have a gun and you can wonder the fields with the herd.
Yeah...sure thing Rambo!
__________________
Jesus is UNBELIEVABLE!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 01-13-2013 at 08:45 AM.
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #194
OneArm
Senior Member
 
OneArm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,386
OneArm has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default

This whole, we "need" our guns, because if we didn't have them, the government could make us do whatever, is nonesense.

The truth is, if the millatary wanted to force American people to do something, they would. That includes the Americans with guns. Some guy with 100 guns, safely tucked away in his gun safe stands no chance against an army.

madmax: to answer your question, I need my gun, everytime I go to the gun range. The price to rent one, didn't add up for me, over time. So, other than that, I don't.
__________________
To Smooth To Be Embarrassed
OneArm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #195
pladecalvo
Senior Member
 
pladecalvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 16,608
pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneArm View Post
This whole, we "need" our guns, because if we didn't have them, the government could make us do whatever, is nonesense.

The truth is, if the millatary wanted to force American people to do something, they would. That includes the Americans with guns. Some guy with 100 guns, safely tucked away in his gun safe stands no chance against an army.
There you have it...common sense rather than 'gung-ho'.

Quote:
I need my gun, everytime I go to the gun range. The price to rent one, didn't add up for me, over time.
...and I'd wager that if there was a law banning gun ownership other than for sport shooting, you would be more than happy for your gun to be left in a sealed locker at the range...right?
__________________
Jesus is UNBELIEVABLE!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #196
OneArm
Senior Member
 
OneArm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,386
OneArm has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post

...and I'd wager that if there was a law banning gun ownership other than for sport shooting, you would be more than happy for your gun to be left in a sealed locker at the range...right?
I'd leave it there now.
__________________
To Smooth To Be Embarrassed
OneArm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #197
Stevomeo
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Outta Here
Posts: 2,839
Stevomeo has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
I'm happy to hear that at least SOME states are going in the right direction. Do they make you get off your horse too?

Indeed they did. 244 of them spread over three squadrons. Shit man! We had more Poles flying for us than that!!! Not taking anything away from their efforts mind you...just sayin'

Yes, I understand all that bro. I would also understand if the USA hadn't joined either war. It wasn't their war after all. My gripe is with the people like DonH . I met so many of them whilst I was in the USA, and believe me, they are still there today, that have the attitude of 'You limey bastards should prostrate yourselves before every American you meet and kiss their feet for saving your arses from Hitler'. Well the truth is somewhat different.

Exactly what I said! How many of the gun totters really believe that they could actually stand up against an American government backed by the army. How many would actually have the gonads to even try once the bullets started flying. It's another fantasy born of watching too many Hollywood films.

I don't think so. I haven't yet seen one single argument that has said that gun removal will solve the problem completely but, as we have seen in countries that have removed guns from the public, it does make a huge difference to the number of people killed by guns and that, for a civilised society, should be a major plus.


On another note. Is anyone having trouble loading pages here at backpage? Loading a page is taking upwards of a minute for me yet I'm not getting that on any other forum or when browsing in general.

No. I don't live in Europe. Believe it or not gun toting Americans actually drive cars, not just pickup trucks. I drive You would think that there's much less crime in the state of NY, but it is a shining example of what is wrong with so-called gun control efforts. The state fails to lock up murderers for life and allows lunatics to walk the streets. Perhaps citizens in this country wouldn't "need" guns if liberal judges would lock up predators. That fact that I am armed is less out of need but more because it is my right to do so. I refuse to be put in a situation that leaves me without the proper tool to counter those who find it necessary to be prey upon others for their wealth. If that makes me nut or a redneck I am in very good company.
__________________
"Democracy and liberty are not the same. Democracy is little more than mob rule, while liberty refers to the sovereignty of the individual." - Walter Williams

"Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." - Calvin Coolidge

“Little by little, subtle changes will come until one day America will wake up and be Socialist; the Democrat Party has adopted our platform.” – Norman Thomas, 1944

Last edited by Stevomeo; 01-13-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Stevomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #198
pladecalvo
Senior Member
 
pladecalvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 16,608
pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevomeo View Post
That fact that I am armed is less out of need but more because it is my right to do so.
YAY!!!!!!! There it is folks! I knew it wouldn't be long before someone slipped up! Conclusive evidence that it isn't the need but the WANT....and he is prepared to put his WANT above the safety of children in school.

Quote:
I refuse to be put in a situation that leaves me without the proper tool to counter those who find it necessary to be prey upon others for their wealth.
You are contradicting what you just said. You said it wasn't the NEED but the WANT.
__________________
Jesus is UNBELIEVABLE!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #199
dumbass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 4,118
dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
You may have missed the point... I'm a gun owner and hope I never NEED my gun. It's like health insurance, you have it just in case and hope you never really need it.
The question remains - who has needed their gun? On here I'll bet that is nobody. The question is apt because it underlines the paranoia. I admit I have mine because of the same reasons some of you would say you have yours (minus the "we're gonna repel our evil government" insanity).
To answer the question directly, I have. My father in-law once held a group of young hoods that broke into our house, at gun-point, while we waited for the law to come get them. He never fired a shot but he damn sure would have.

Here's a link to an incident that just happened. I'm sure this is repeated more often than we'll ever know.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Robbe...186572461.html

You seem to be missing the point. I'd much rather to be armed and not need it than to relinquish that right and find that I had a need.
__________________
"IT TAKES A DISCIPLINED PERSON TO LISTEN TO THE CONVICTIONS DIFFERENT THAN OUR OWN" Dorothy Fuldheim

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess

Last edited by dumbass; 01-13-2013 at 03:17 PM.
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #200
diamondlady
Senior Member
 
diamondlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: san diego
Posts: 1,148
diamondlady has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default How soon we forget.....

I bet these guys wish they had equal fire power to the so-called out to protect you gubment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wounded_Knee_Massacre
diamondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:37 PM.

© Copyright 2005 Evil Empire