Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #11
madmax

madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh69 View Post
(sigh) I know this is going to be a waste of 5 minutes of my life, but here goes....

First, I didn't say that the majority of people voted for him. You said...
The government exists BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE. The PEOPLE are the ones who have the power to vote in those who WILL REPRESENT THE MAJORITY! Instead, the current administration is doing a terrible job and is NOT representing the MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE! And that's the Truth!

I replied, If he was doing such a bad job, why didn't the majority of people vote him out of office two months ago? You're still welcome to try to answer that question if you can.

Second, a majority of the people who voted certainly did vote for him. To be exact, he got 51.03% of the popular vote and 61.7% of the Electoral College. Perhaps in your world - where you can heal sick people, the Earth is 6,000 years old, and a loving God murdered all of humanity (save the lucky few on the Arc) - 51.03% isn't a majority. But, to the rest of us, 51.03% is a majority.
Another absurdity of Sappy's response is that she blathers on about: "Instead, the current administration is doing a terrible job and is NOT representing the MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE! And that's the Truth!"

How absurd! A perfect example is the tax philosophy leading to the Fiscal Cliff resolution. A CLEAR majority of the people back slightly higher rates (1998 levels, hardly onerous) for those making over $250K. The WH backed the will of the people while Boehner and the GOP keep toting the water of the rich. There is no logical argument that can be made for this position.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #12
pgh69

pgh69 always pays their child support on time

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
pgh - I hope you are not surprised by this idiotic response.
Suprised, no. But, what can I say Max, I'm an optimist. When I engage her - which is usually about 1 x per year - I always hope that maybe her light bulb has been turned on and she's capable of rational discussion. (I sort of feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football when Lucy pulls it away.) Oh well, I'll try again in 2014.

The late, great Roger Ebert
pgh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #13
ecisgod

ecisgod : former child star

Hey..... who let the feral hog out on this thread? She's supposed to be on the NRA thread! That's where I last read about her, anyway.
ecisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
madmax

madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecisgod View Post
Hey..... who let the feral hog out on this thread? She's supposed to be on the NRA thread! That's where I last read about her, anyway.
LOL! EC - I spewed my drink on this - a full on Danny Thomas!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #15
ecisgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
LOL! EC - I spewed my drink on this - a full on Danny Thomas!

Glad I could make you smile. The insanity had me shaking my head, so I had to say something!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #16
Sapphire

Sapphire recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Cool

whatever.

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears Godís words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.Ē
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

"I will not dignify an accusation or a mocker with a reply." - Sapphire
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #17
ecisgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
whatever.
Oh sweetie, you were using your Al Gore "fuzzy math" again.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #18
Sapphire

Sapphire recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecisgod View Post
Oh sweetie, you were using your Al Gore "fuzzy math" again.
Not so.

And by the way...Al Gore is a treasonous pig.

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears Godís words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.Ē
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

"I will not dignify an accusation or a mocker with a reply." - Sapphire
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #19
madmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
Not so.

And by the way...Al Gore is a treasonous pig.
From a treasonous pig! How sweet!
Could it be love?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #20
Wouldhe

Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

I've known a few pigs in my time.
Wouldhe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: