Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 2.94 average. Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #281
UnknownNobody

UnknownNobody has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouldhe View Post
I agree, even though the I don't believe the background checks will have any impact. I don't believe the masses rights should be hindered because of the madness of a few.
Background checks sound innocuous enough. However, I have concern that individuals may be added to the exclusion for purely political reasons or for retribution.
You may not be aware of the common practice in Chicago that if one puts up a republican campaign sign in their yard, their garbage will probably not be picked up for quite some time.
UnknownNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #282
hrdguera
Bitch

hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
People like stevomeo, hrdguera and the buffoon in your picture seem to want to keep America in the 'wild west' of the 1800's. They will not accept that when there 'beloved' constitution was drawn up...things were rather different. For goodness sake wake up America. The world has changed and so must you. Civilised [sic] people do not need or want guns in their societies.
Yes, I get it and no, I do not want to keep us in the 1880's. But I am taking into account that, as I noted earlier in the Patriot's Rant thread, there is a certain percentage of people that are crazy, uncivilized, violent, and/or willing to steal (you said because they were so poor), or otherwise driven to create mayhem. Since I do live and work in a crowded city I am statistically liable to encounter some member of these groups at sometime in my life.

While my own safety is important to me, the safety of those that I love and work with is very important. Being unprepared is just not an option for me.

One of my youngest employees is presently going through a messy divorce and child custody battle that seems to stem from a pregnancy and a hasty marriage at a very young age. This event is threatening to boil over into violence. Our staff is prepared and informed to be wary of an appearance by this under-educated and prone-to-violence individual. We are doing what we can to prevent easy access by this individual to our workplace. But as you know, a motivated person can even gain access to a locked schoolhouse so entrance to a retail operation could be accomplished with some effort. No one intends to harm this person but like I said, being unprepared to protect ourselves and our employee is a requirement and a necessity. We are not different than thousands of business locations in the country that take the security and safety of the employees seriously. Workplace violence is not widespread but it does happen and ignoring it is not the action of responsible and accountable people.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #283
hrdguera
Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownNobody View Post
Background checks sound innocuous enough. However, I have concern that individuals may be added to the exclusion for purely political reasons or for retribution.
You may not be aware of the common practice in Chicago that if one puts up a republican campaign sign in their yard, their garbage will probably not be picked up for quite some time.
I have a friend, 79 years old, that claims he was added to the "no-fly" list just because of his political contributions and a guest editorial in a statewide newspaper.
So, yes, I understand.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #284
Francoitalianarmy

Francoitalianarmy recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
I haven't fired a round in about 2 years, got to get my accuracy dialed in.
I hope I never have to use it, but...

I'm traveling for business so much it will be hard for me to catch any games. Heck, I haven't played in over 2 months now.

What's the story on Crosby? There were some concussion concerns.
Crosby is in top form and chomping at the bit... they are gonna put him on the PK as he wants mega minutes... he has been working out for a year and a half now... concussions are history... until he gets hit again, but he has no fear. He looked twice as fast as everyone on the ice last night...
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #285
UnknownNobody

UnknownNobody has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post
I have a friend, 79 years old, that claims he was added to the "no-fly" list just because of his political contributions and a guest editorial in a statewide newspaper.
So, yes, I understand.
Never underestimate the vindictiveness of a beauracrat or a politician.
UnknownNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #286
madmax

madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post
So, yes, I understand.
Sounds like your friend may be suffering from dementia... or may be another conspiracy theory nut.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #287
madmax

madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!madmax has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouldhe View Post
It's the uncivilized the civilized need protection from.
That I would have to agree with... sad but true.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #288
madmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francoitalianarmy View Post
Crosby is in top form and chomping at the bit... they are gonna put him on the PK as he wants mega minutes... he has been working out for a year and a half now... concussions are history... until he gets hit again, but he has no fear. He looked twice as fast as everyone on the ice last night...
The guy is an unbelievable talent. Good to see the next generation of high caliber players. I was leery when Yzerman, Lemeiux, and Sakic retired. Crosby is in that league.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #289
Francoitalianarmy

Francoitalianarmy recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
The guy is an unbelievable talent. Good to see the next generation of high caliber players. I was leery when Yzerman, Lemeiux, and Sakic retired. Crosby is in that league.
Even though this is a shortened year, the Pens are going to have a special few years... Malkin (MVP last year) and Neil - 40 goals on the wing look awesome. Thomas Vokoun in at goal will give Fleury the break he needs... they need a little help on defense, but have young talent.

They lost Staal but got a few young studs for the top 6 forwards...The place was insane... they gave away free tix for the scrimmage last night and they had to turn folks away... The new Consol Center is an awesome venue... this is a far cry from a few years ago when they were going to leave town... thank God for Mario!

Sorry to hijack the thread...we now return you to your normal programming!
Old 01-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #290
hrdguera
Bitch

Quote:
Sounds like your friend may be suffering from dementia... or may be another conspiracy theory nut.
Quite the contrary, he is just a very vocal contrarian!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: