Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.75 average. Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #11
dumbass

dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default Ron Paul's Tweet

I'd bet that Plad agrees with Ron Paul's tweet.

"Paul tweeted: “Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2K0w9sKWj

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #12
Liberty_One

Liberty_One has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Try making a list of what detrimental effects the world would suffer if transport was banned and then do the same with guns.
You seem to have a very naive view. Disarming the people paves the way for tyranny. I'm not saying that that would happen in the US, but it has happened in other countries in the last century and we'd be foolish and naive to remove that check upon government.
Liberty_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:37 AM   #13
dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty_One View Post
You seem to have a very naive view. Disarming the people paves the way for tyranny. I'm not saying that that would happen in the US, but it has happened in other countries in the last century and we'd be foolish and naive to remove that check upon government.
Well said!!

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
Old 02-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #14
dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbidus View Post
Well actually we do know what went on on the firing range. Three armed men came in and one with only a single handgun (so reported) left.
Would that be a good argument in support of banning of semi-automatic rifles??

Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #15
pladecalvo

pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty_One View Post
OK. Why don't you tell us which other countries sank into anarchy and tyranny after losing it's right to gun ownership.

Make sure that you compare apples with apples too. I'm talking about countries that could be compared to the USA, Europe and other northern hemisphere countries like Sweden or Denmark and southern hemisphere like Australia or New Zealand. I'm not talking about some banana republic in the middle of the Amazon. Let's look at civilised countries. Off you go!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #16
dumbass

Quote:
OK. Why don't you tell us which other countries sank into anarchy and tyranny after losing it's right to gun ownership.

Make sure that you compare apples with apples too. I'm talking about countries that could be compared to the USA, Europe and other northern hemisphere countries like Sweden or Denmark and southern hemisphere like Australia or New Zealand. I'm not talking about some banana republic in the middle of the Amazon. Let's look at civilised countries. Off you go!
Bosnia,The Serbs/Kosovo, Nazi Germany, Christians today in Islamic countries. Is that enough for a start?

Old 02-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
Bosnia,The Serbs/Kosovo, Nazi Germany, Christians today in Islamic countries. Is that enough for a start?
Not at all. I want to know when all these countries had laws that allowed gun ownership and when they had their guns taken off them and I want to see the verifiable evidence that what happened in these countries was a direct result of having gun ownership removed and that it would not have happened if the population had guns.

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 02-05-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #18
Wouldhe

Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Not at all. I want to know when all these countries had laws that allowed gun ownership and when they had their guns taken off them and I want to see the verifiable evidence that what happened in these countries was a direct result of having gun ownership removed and that it would not have happened if the population had guns.
Plad, it's not so much about government and anarchy as it is about criminals and organized criminals taking advantage of defenseless people. We have home invasions on a daily basis, car jackings, kids being kidnapped, etc. Do I think we need semi-auto, extended magazine style rifles for self-defense - no, but I also don't believe my freedoms should be infringed upon for the actions of a couple nut-cases.
Wouldhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #19
hrdguera
Bitch

hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouldhe View Post
Plad, it's not so much about government and anarchy as it is about criminals and organized criminals taking advantage of defenseless people. We have home invasions on a daily basis, car jackings, kids being kidnapped, etc. Do I think we need semi-auto, extended magazine style rifles for self-defense - no, but I also don't believe my freedoms should be infringed upon for the actions of a couple nut-cases.
or by people that live in Spain.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #20
pladecalvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouldhe View Post
Plad, it's not so much about government and anarchy as it is about criminals and organized criminals taking advantage of defenseless people. We have home invasions on a daily basis, car jackings, kids being kidnapped, etc
Right...so what you are admitting old boy is that all your guns aren't doing feck all to protect you from what you are claiming that they are protecting you from.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: