Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 2.94 average. Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #371
pladecalvo
Senior Member
 
pladecalvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 16,661
pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneArm View Post
Just make the overall process of having one, getting one, safer.
Make it so that ...if you can prove that you NEED a gun you can have one, following stringent training and registration.
__________________
Jesus is UNBELIEVABLE!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:59 PM   #372
dumbass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 4,124
dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Make it so that ...if you can prove that you NEED a gun you can have one, following stringent training and registration.
It would be equally appropriate to ask that before me being denied the right to be armed that I'd be furnished with proof positive that I will never have a need a gun.
__________________
"IT TAKES A DISCIPLINED PERSON TO LISTEN TO THE CONVICTIONS DIFFERENT THAN OUR OWN" Dorothy Fuldheim

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #373
pladecalvo
Senior Member
 
pladecalvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 16,661
pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
It would be equally appropriate to ask that before me being denied the right to be armed that I'd be furnished with proof positive that I will never have a need a gun.
Did you choose the name 'dumbass' yourself or did others here give it to you? It's most appropriate I must say.
__________________
Jesus is UNBELIEVABLE!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #374
Liberty_One
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Delaware
Posts: 103
Liberty_One has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Did you choose the name 'dumbass' yourself or did others here give it to you? It's most appropriate I must say.
That's as close to a concession as you're likely to get.
Liberty_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #375
Stevomeo
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Outta Here
Posts: 2,839
Stevomeo has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
It is plain to see that the almost the entire room applauded him with the obvious exception of the those at the dais in the front of the room. They were in shock.

Those in the front assumed that they had another emotionally compromised individual they could exploit and possibly use as a poster boy. They had no problem using children for that purpose in the Super Bowl pre-game show.
__________________
"Democracy and liberty are not the same. Democracy is little more than mob rule, while liberty refers to the sovereignty of the individual." - Walter Williams

"Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." - Calvin Coolidge

“Little by little, subtle changes will come until one day America will wake up and be Socialist; the Democrat Party has adopted our platform.” – Norman Thomas, 1944
Stevomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #376
pladecalvo
Senior Member
 
pladecalvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 16,661
pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty_One View Post
That's as close to a concession as you're likely to get.
Listen fella. You're new here. Perhaps you would do better to find your feet a little more. It's the way we do things around here. It's what we like about Backpage..the fact that we can have some banter with each other without getting banned. Look around a bit, we all do it and if you don't like it...in the words of a dear past member here, ....go fuck yourself!

If dumbass has a problem with it he'll give as good as he gets.
__________________
Jesus is UNBELIEVABLE!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 02-11-2013 at 11:55 AM.
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #377
dumbass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 4,124
dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Listen fella. You're new here. Perhaps you would do better to find your feet a little more. It's the way we do things around here. It's what we like about Backpage..the fact that we can have some banter with each other without getting banned. Look around a bit, we all do it and if you don't like it...in the words of a dear past member here, ....go fuck yourself!

If dumbass has a problem with it he'll give as good as he gets.
You just don't get it. In this country everyone has the absolute right to express themselves. It's a thing refereed to by us as "FREEDOM OF SPEECH". Being someone on the outside looking in it is damn presumptuous of you to s***est that he needs more seniority to speak. Even you haven't been around long enough to even begin to make a good pimple on the ass of Fly Boy much less assume to speak for him. The real question is "Where the hell is his oven?"
__________________
"IT TAKES A DISCIPLINED PERSON TO LISTEN TO THE CONVICTIONS DIFFERENT THAN OUR OWN" Dorothy Fuldheim

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #378
enon_emouse
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Az
Posts: 8
enon_emouse has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Make it so that ...if you can prove that you NEED a gun you can have one, following stringent training and registration.
That sounds all to familiar!

The 1938 German Weapons Act

The 1938 German Weapons Act, the precursor of the current weapons law, superseded the 1928 law. As under the 1928 law, citizens were required to have a permit to carry a firearm and a separate permit to acquire a firearm. Furthermore, the law restricted ownership of firearms to "...persons whose trustworthiness is not in question and who can show a need for a (gun) permit." But under the new law:

Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as was the possession of ammunition."[4]
The legal age at which guns could be purchased was lowered from 20 to 18.[5]
Permits were valid for three years, rather than one year.[5]
The groups of people who were exempt from the acquisition permit requirement expanded. Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and NSDAP members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions. Prior to the 1938 law, only officials of the central government, the states, and employees of the German Reichsbahn Railways were exempted.[4]
Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing or dealing of firearms and ammunition.[4]

Under both the 1928 and 1938 acts, gun manufacturers and dealers were required to maintain records with information about who purchased guns and the guns' serial numbers. These records were to be delivered to a police authority for inspection at the end of each year.

On November 11, 1938, the Minister of the Interior, Wilhelm Frick, promulgated Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons. This regulation effectively deprived Jews of the right to possess firearms or other weapons.[6][7]
enon_emouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #379
pladecalvo
Senior Member
 
pladecalvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 16,661
pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
You just don't get it. In this country everyone has the absolute right to express themselves. It's a thing refereed to by us as "FREEDOM OF SPEECH".
Well how about that!!! Same here!

Quote:
Being someone on the outside looking in it is damn presumptuous of you to s***est that he needs more seniority to speak.
I didn't. I s***ested that he "look around" so that he could see that 'banter' is the order of the day on backpage. It's what we like about the place.

Quote:
Even you haven't been around long enough to even begin to make a good pimple on the ass of Fly Boy much less assume to speak for him.
Fly Boy????? How the hell am I speaking for FlyBoy. I was speaking to 'Liberty_One'.

Quote:
The real question is "Where the hell is his oven?"
Well exactly. Liberty_One needs to experience it!
__________________
Jesus is UNBELIEVABLE!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #380
pladecalvo
Senior Member
 
pladecalvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 16,661
pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enon_emouse View Post
That sounds all to familiar!

The 1938 German Weapons Act

The 1938 German Weapons Act, the precursor of the current weapons law, superseded the 1928 law. As under the 1928 law, citizens were required to have a permit to carry a firearm and a separate permit to acquire a firearm. Furthermore, the law restricted ownership of firearms to "...persons whose trustworthiness is not in question and who can show a need for a (gun) permit." But under the new law:

Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. The 1938 revisions completely deregulated the acquisition and transfer of rifles and shotguns, as was the possession of ammunition."[4]
The legal age at which guns could be purchased was lowered from 20 to 18.[5]
Permits were valid for three years, rather than one year.[5]
The groups of people who were exempt from the acquisition permit requirement expanded. Holders of annual hunting permits, government workers, and NSDAP members were no longer subject to gun ownership restrictions. Prior to the 1938 law, only officials of the central government, the states, and employees of the German Reichsbahn Railways were exempted.[4]
Jews were forbidden from the manufacturing or dealing of firearms and ammunition.[4]

Under both the 1928 and 1938 acts, gun manufacturers and dealers were required to maintain records with information about who purchased guns and the guns' serial numbers. These records were to be delivered to a police authority for inspection at the end of each year.

On November 11, 1938, the Minister of the Interior, Wilhelm Frick, promulgated Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons. This regulation effectively deprived Jews of the right to possess firearms or other weapons.[6][7]
Compare apples with apples will you? 1938 is not 2013.
__________________
Jesus is UNBELIEVABLE!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:40 PM.

© Copyright 2005 Evil Empire