Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 2.94 average. Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #381
enon_emouse

enon_emouse has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Compare apples with apples will you? 1938 is not 2013.
“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”
enon_emouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #382
GradStdnt

GradStdnt recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
You just don't get it. In this country everyone has the absolute right to express themselves. It's a thing refereed to by us as "FREEDOM OF SPEECH". Being someone on the outside looking in it is damn presumptuous of you to s***est that he needs more seniority to speak. Even you haven't been around long enough to even begin to make a good pimple on the ass of Fly Boy much less assume to speak for him. The real question is "Where the hell is his oven?"
There really is no such thing as freedom of speech...maybe on forums such as this..where no one really knows you. Try it in the workplace and see what happens!! I have many things I would like to say in one of my horrific meetings....but I bite my tongue because I like a harmonious environment as well as my pay check. I just had this discussion a couple of nights ago with my college class when one of them told another student to "fuck off". She of course dropped the freedom of speech card when I threw her out of class...and I gently reminded her....that I am a dictator in this room and foul language will not happen here.
GradStdnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #383
hrdguera
Bitch

hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Compare apples with apples will you? 1938 is not 2013.
Wise up. Those that do not study history are bound to repeat it.

Last edited by hrdguera; 02-12-2013 at 11:48 AM.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #384
Wouldhe

Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wouldhe has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradStdnt View Post
There really is no such thing as freedom of speech...maybe on forums such as this..where no one really knows you. Try it in the workplace and see what happens!! I have many things I would like to say in one of my horrific meetings....but I bite my tongue because I like a harmonious environment as well as my pay check. I just had this discussion a couple of nights ago with my college class when one of them told another student to "fuck off". She of course dropped the freedom of speech card when I threw her out of class...and I gently reminded her....that I am a dictator in this room and foul language will not happen here.
Shame on you. You violated her right to freedom of expression.
Wouldhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #385
dumbass

dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradStdnt View Post
You run your classroom the same way this Judge Runs his Courtroom. I think this is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXqExlSsNJk

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #386
OneArm

OneArm has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouldhe View Post
Shame on you. You violated her right to freedom of expression.
No she didn't.

See, what people seem to forget is, after you freely say your speech, others get to freely act against it in a way they see fit. It's called, cause and effect.

The young lady ran her mouth, the cause, she gets kicked out of class, the effect.

Free speech has a negative side. People just need to remember that.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #387
GradStdnt

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
You run your classroom the same way this Judge Runs his Courtroom. I think this is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXqExlSsNJk
I think I have taught this young lady at LCC!! Just kidding!! He is very much like me...did you noticed how he "played and toyed" with her during the sentencing? I love doing that!!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #388
GradStdnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneArm View Post
No she didn't.

See, what people seem to forget is, after you freely say your speech, others get to freely act against it in a way they see fit. It's called, cause and effect.

The young lady ran her mouth, the cause, she gets kicked out of class, the effect.

Free speech has a negative side. People just need to remember that.
Absolutely correct!! You can say and do what you want...but there are always conseqences.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #389
Liberty_One

Liberty_One has one green dot.  Good for them!

The right to freedom of speech is confused and muddled and doesn't actually make any sense. The real right concerned is property rights. Freedom of speech only makes sense in the light of property rights. The right to speak where is the question to be answered. Once you understand this, then all free speech questions are immediately easy to answer.
Liberty_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #390
emilynghiem

emilynghiem has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty_One View Post
The right to freedom of speech is confused and muddled and doesn't actually make any sense. The real right concerned is property rights. Freedom of speech only makes sense in the light of property rights. The right to speak where is the question to be answered. Once you understand this, then all free speech questions are immediately easy to answer.
Years back, I wrote and published a letter to the editor, about a free speech issue at a private university. Two points I made where that even if it is on private property, if the university claims not to discriminate on the basis of religion, then belief in free speech should be protected that way; however, this does not give students license to abuse free speech to disrupt the rights of other under the same First Amendment:

"In response to the letter from Bolie Williams IV (Thresher, Sept. 1),
if Rice University claims not to discriminate on the basis of religion,
then students who believe in free speech should be accommodated equally
as those, like Williams, who may not consider it an inalienable human right.

However, one might expect advocates of First Amendment rights and freedoms
to show the same respect for "the right of the people peaceably to assemble"
by refraining from speech or actions that would deliberately cause a breach
of the peace and disrupt a public assembly.

The example quoted was "yelling fire in a crowded theater." In this case,
it could be argued that the chanting and other jacks during matriculation
temporarily abridged other people's freedom of speech and right to assemble peaceably.

Unlike Williams, I believe that the First Amendment can be quite effective
when interpreted in a way that checks itself, which I recommend here."

If the First Amendment is taught as checking itself, then we wouldn't have this problem. People would exercise the right to petition to correct conflicts as they arose, using freedom of speech or of the press to redress the grievances.
emilynghiem is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: