Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Religion & Philosophy

Old 02-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
emilynghiem

emilynghiem has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default Wallis: more ppl calling for nonexistent Restorative Justice?

http://www.change.org/search?utf8=%E...&commit=Search

Dear Wallis:
(a) For "Restorative Justice" to be nonexistent, I found many more established groups and petitions asking for this to be the policy norm. Please see link above, partially copied below.

(b) I also found your msgs that you mistakenly thought I was for manipulative Obama rhetoric and/or top-down imposition of UN policy on the world etc. Please see my reply to yours on thread for "proof revelations is invalid" Your msg gives me hope and relief that you and I seem EQUALLY against the nonsense garbage being sold to the public as solutions, when it is unsustainable and creating more dependency and waste to keep problems going!

RE: (a)
Here are SOME of the petitions I found online on Restorative Justice. Even if that doesn't exist in your world, I am impressed with the people who obviously believe in practicing and defending it so that it CAN become a choice for others to follow:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXCERPTS from
http://www.change.org/search?utf8=%E...&commit=Search
I noticed only 1 or 2 or at the most 80-223 signatures were on any of these petitions, if they were still open. So these people are stru ggling in small numbers against a huge bureaucracy pushing retributive justice which fuels lawsuits, wars, prisons and all kinds of profiting off problems instead of solving them. Not surprised. Even the Bible says the right path is very narrow and few shall find it. Most people are too busy fighting the system. here are people with solutions and it is almost impossible to be heard!
======================================
Petition | Modesto Valle: Instate Comprehensive Restorative Justice ...
http://www.change.org/.../ceo-center...e-restorative- justice-as-standard-policy-at-the-center

Gender JUST (Justice United for Societal Transformation) implores ALL community members, donors and stakeholders in the Center on Halsted to join us...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Petition | Make Restorative Justice a default requirement in South ...
http://www.change.org/.../make-resto...ment-in-south- african-courts

Jan 9, 2013 ... Restorative Justice is commonly known as the theory of criminal justice that focuses on crime as an act against another individual or community ...

Petition | Restorative Justice Now! | Change.org
www.change.org/petitions/restorative-justice-now

We,the undersigned, hereby request that the Miami-Dade County School Board implement Restorative Justice as an alternative to suspensions, arrest and...

Petition | Keep Restorative Justice in Minneapolis! | Change.org
http://www.change.org/petitions/keep...in-minneapolis

The Restorative Justice programs in Minneapolis are in jeopardy of losing their funding! Take just a couple minutes to fill out this petition and...

Petition | Reform the ACPS Code of Student Conduct and Adopt ...
http://www.change.org/.../reform-the...uct-and-adopt- restorative-justice

Far too often, ACPS responds to minor student misbehavior with out-of-school punishments. All students, however, deserve the opportunity to learn. ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESTORATIVE JUSTICE PROJECT OF THE MIDCOAST | Change.org
http://www.change.org/.../restorativ...f_the_midcoast

RESTORATIVE JUSTICE PROJECT OF THE MIDCOAST. 96 Main St Belfast, ME 04915. No information currently in database. Petitions. RESTORATIVE ...

St Croix Valley Restorative Justice Program | Change.org
http://www.change.org/.../st_croix_v...ustice_program

Change.org is the web's leading platform for social change, empowering anyone, anywhere to start petitions that make a difference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Petition | Justice Department, Philadelphia Police, Mayor Nutter ...
http://www.change.org/.../justice-de...-mayor-nutter- now-file-criminal-charges-investigate-and-restorative-justice

Too mant women live in constant terror and know they have no rights because of the deeply ingrained sexist prejudice in society. Many people are very...

Urban Youth Justice | Change.org
https://www.change.org/organizations/urbanyouthjustice

Equal Rights, Equal Justice & Equal Opportunity for Our Youth! ... policies of the School-to-Prison Pipeline with Restorative Justice methods and policies.

ACTION COMMITTEE FOR WOMEN IN PRISON | Change.org
https://www.change.org/organizations/acwip

We work to bring fairness and equity into the criminal justice system and to shift the focus to treatment and restorative justice. We work to educate the public, ...

Last edited by emilynghiem; 02-12-2013 at 01:20 PM.
emilynghiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
Wallis
BPMF!

Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Believe what you want.

Just don't expect me to share your "illusion."
Wallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
emilynghiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallis View Post
Believe what you want.

Just don't expect me to share your "illusion."
Dear Wallis: if you don't believe in teaching Jesus as the judgmental type of justice, then you may well be a closet fan of this thing called
Restorative Justice. Maybe you call it something else.

What do you call it when instead of deciding I am doomed to hell and just condemning me as some heretic hypocrite,
you choose to forgive whatever it is I am ignorant of or missing
that is causing me to go off on things you deem misguided
and you seek to correct where you see I am wrong?

You are practicing that here with me.
So that is what I mean by restorative justice approaches
instead of the retributive type of justice that your
other message seems to confirm you DON'T believe Jesus is about!

Wouldn't you rather establish truth and justice by
teaching by example and correcting faults preventing a just understanding?

How is that NOT believing in restorative justice
as superior or more effective than retributive justice?
Old 02-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
Wallis
BPMF!

Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!Wallis has a lot of green dots.  Look at all those green dots!  Wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilynghiem View Post
Dear Wallis: if you don't believe in teaching Jesus as the judgmental type of justice, then you may well be a closet fan of this thing called
Restorative Justice. Maybe you call it something else.

What do you call it when instead of deciding I am doomed to hell and just condemning me as some heretic hypocrite,
you choose to forgive whatever it is I am ignorant of or missing
that is causing me to go off on things you deem misguided
and you seek to correct where you see I am wrong?

You are practicing that here with me.
So that is what I mean by restorative justice approaches
instead of the retributive type of justice that your
other message seems to confirm you DON'T believe Jesus is about!

Wouldn't you rather establish truth and justice by
teaching by example and correcting faults preventing a just understanding?

How is that NOT believing in restorative justice
as superior or more effective than retributive justice?
1. You are not doomed to hell. You are already there. We all are.
2. I do not condemn anyone. But when people tell me what I have to believe, I draw a line.
3. Forgiveness is easy: just forget.
4. I don't seek to correct. I enjoy the discussion. True, I have my own opinions and viewpoint. So far, you haven't been able to change me in any major way.
5. What retributive type of justice? I don't practice justice. I practice love. Sometimes loving someone is giving him a pat on the back, sometimes a swat on the rump.

I don't really care about terms or definitions or any of the baggage that comes with trying to "legalize" everything.

Personally, I feel that you spin your wheels trying so desperately to put everything into terms and definitions. You spend more time on the paperwork than in the doing. Too much analysis.

You help an old lady across the street. Then you want to analyze your actions. In the meantime, while you are assessing your actions, two other old ladies just got run down in the middle of the intersection.

JUST DO IT is the current popular phrase of the day, I believe. Just love. Forget about all the definitions and the analysis. Forget hoping for all the pats on the back. Forget all the worries about "Did I do it right?"

I forget the exact Biblical passage, but the writer once wrote: "Blessed is the good deed that only your heavenly Father knows about."

I screw up: I screw up. I did something good: I did something good. Big deal. In the long run, it doesn't matter at all. For the moment, it might be a huge thing. But while the past cannot be changed, the present is where we should be living. Yet, where do we usually live our lives? In the past, worrying about what cannot be changed.

Just live and let live. Be happy. Stop trying to change the world. The world will change when you change.
Wallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
emilynghiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallis View Post
1. You are not doomed to hell. You are already there. We all are.
2. I do not condemn anyone. But when people tell me what I have to believe, I draw a line.
3. Forgiveness is easy: just forget.
4. I don't seek to correct. I enjoy the discussion. True, I have my own opinions and viewpoint. So far, you haven't been able to change me in any major way.
5. What retributive type of justice? I don't practice justice. I practice love. Sometimes loving someone is giving him a pat on the back, sometimes a swat on the rump.

I don't really care about terms or definitions or any of the baggage that comes with trying to "legalize" everything.

Personally, I feel that you spin your wheels trying so desperately to put everything into terms and definitions. You spend more time on the paperwork than in the doing. Too much analysis.

You help an old lady across the street. Then you want to analyze your actions. In the meantime, while you are assessing your actions, two other old ladies just got run down in the middle of the intersection.

JUST DO IT is the current popular phrase of the day, I believe. Just love. Forget about all the definitions and the analysis. Forget hoping for all the pats on the back. Forget all the worries about "Did I do it right?"

I forget the exact Biblical passage, but the writer once wrote: "Blessed is the good deed that only your heavenly Father knows about."

I screw up: I screw up. I did something good: I did something good. Big deal. In the long run, it doesn't matter at all. For the moment, it might be a huge thing. But while the past cannot be changed, the present is where we should be living. Yet, where do we usually live our lives? In the past, worrying about what cannot be changed.

Just live and let live. Be happy. Stop trying to change the world. The world will change when you change.
Do you practice the same love with all people? With me or with Sapphire?
Do you think her views should change more than you should change yours?

I do a lot of good things to help people. That is in addition, Wallis,
not in place of; it's not either/or.

I am looking at what is sustainable to solve problems
that otherwise waste resources that could be helping more people.

I see bridging the gaps between every day people (like you and me, Sapphire and Plad, Wouldhe and whoever else on here doesn't understand what the other person sees or doesn't see) as doing on a local scale what is then multiplied on a global scale. So the changes between us to increase and deepen our understanding where we used to be divided and separated indirectly helps
repeat the same in the Middle East or anywhere in the world that
human relations could be improved the same way!

So these are good deeds, good seeds being planted.
To reach an understanding with you, and sharing that with others.
Has a chain reaction effect, and it does overcome misunderstanding
that would otherwise allow unfair judgment and injustice to occur.
Instead by seeing more of the truth, and getting rid of
misperception, that is establishing justice in each relationship.
So collectively, that is what it takes to establish justice in the world.

You are right, Wallis, it is by the little daily acts of being kind and
good that add up to global peace and justice. I hope you see the connection.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: