Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 20 votes, 2.80 average. Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #21
pladecalvo
Senior Member
 
pladecalvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 16,654
pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevomeo View Post
Civilized world? Are you referring to countries that buy into Agenda 21. IMO this country is the epitome of civilized, though a bit flawed because of too much liberal policy making in the last fifty years. Still in the top 5 overall in the world.
Not according to this you aren't. You didn't even make number 10.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english201...c_13450304.htm

Quote:
We are a melting pot of cultures, languages, etc....
...as is any country.

Quote:
So in a country where its citizens bear arms you consider it uncivilized?
No. I consider it uncivilised when a country puts the 'right' to have guns above the the safety of it's citizens. I consider uncivilised when a country WANTS to have guns....when one of the main preoccupations of the citizens is guns.
__________________
Jesus is UNBELIEVABLE!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 02-12-2013 at 11:50 PM.
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #22
pladecalvo
Senior Member
 
pladecalvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 16,654
pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold
Default

Not before time.
__________________
Jesus is UNBELIEVABLE!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #23
Sapphire
Senior Member
 
Sapphire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,318
Sapphire recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevomeo View Post
Here's a must watch from Sun News Network news anchor Brian Lilley. He warns Americans that if we allow our government to create a national firearms registry, it WILL lead to gun confiscation. He explains how registration led to confiscation in Canada and how a man who recently defended himself with a gun is now being prosecuted by the government.

http://youtu.be/_52pMg8qQcc
By Dr. History:

Canadian approach to firearms coming to the USA. You have been warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_52pMg8qQcc&sns=em
__________________
Hebrews 3:4 - For every house is built by someone, but He who built all things is God.

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears Godís words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.Ē
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

"I will not dignify an accusation or a mocker with a reply." - Sapphire
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #24
virote
Senior Member
 
virote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Hood - Killeen
Posts: 1,319
virote recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default

...as is any country.

Are we watching the same BBC Wales? I see only one culture represented.

If I were from an island where we burn Catholics in effigy every November I wouldn't go around calling anyone else uncivilized.

Last edited by virote; 02-17-2013 at 12:06 PM.
virote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #25
pladecalvo
Senior Member
 
pladecalvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 16,654
pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by virote View Post
...as is any country.

Are we watching the same BBC Wales? I see only one culture represented.

If I were from an island where we burn Catholics in effigy every November I wouldn't go around calling anyone else uncivilized.
November the 5th actually....and that's nothing to do with Wales.
__________________
Jesus is UNBELIEVABLE!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 02-17-2013 at 01:09 PM.
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #26
virote
Senior Member
 
virote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Hood - Killeen
Posts: 1,319
virote recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
November the 5th actually....and that's nothing to do with Wales.
Well I suppose you're technically correct now given that you folks finally became a country in 2012. Is England still representing you at the UN?

I'm sure the islands of Puerto Rico, Guam, and Hawaii would be interested in how disarming the populace has helped the Island of Britian.

When other countries start making propaganda films showing your cities in ashes come back and talk to Americans about disarming. When Ireland comes across the Welsch border and starts shooting your people come back and talk to Americans about disarming.

Last edited by virote; 02-17-2013 at 03:36 PM.
virote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #27
pladecalvo
Senior Member
 
pladecalvo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Valencia, Spain
Posts: 16,654
pladecalvo is a splendid one to beholdpladecalvo is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by virote View Post
Well I suppose you're technically correct now given that you folks finally became a country in 2012. Is England still representing you at the UN?
No Britain does.

Quote:
I'm sure the islands of Puerto Rico, Guam, and Hawaii would be interested in how disarming the populace has helped the Island of Britian.
Huh?

Quote:
When other countries start making propaganda films showing your cities in ashes come back and talk to Americans about disarming.
We have a police force and an army to protect us from that. Don't you?

Quote:
When Ireland comes across the Welsch border and starts shooting your people come back and talk to Americans about disarming.
(It's WELSH) When you have verifiable evidence that shows that disarming the populace does NOT reduce the number of gun deaths come back and talk to me.

...and btw; The Irish have been shooting our people since 1919. That's the trouble with you Americans, you think 'terrorism' was invented on 9/11. Some countries, like Britain, have had to live with terrorism for a hundred years...day after day after day, 24/7. I lived in London when you had to crawl under your car before you got in it in case somebody had planted a bomb under it, when you were terrified to go out to do your shopping in case the building got blown up - so don't cry to me about persecution and 'killing in the streets' because you dudes ain't had nothin' yet!

Oh...and November the 5th has nothing to do with burning Catholics either.
__________________
Jesus is UNBELIEVABLE!!

"Fear paints pictures of ghosts and hangs them in the gallery of ignorance." ]Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited by pladecalvo; 02-17-2013 at 11:08 PM.
pladecalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #28
virote
Senior Member
 
virote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft. Hood - Killeen
Posts: 1,319
virote recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default

An unarmed police force protects you.

I'm saying you're an island nation whose entire population is only 2x the size of the state of California.

I'm sorry you had to live like that, and contrary to your belief I do realize you folks still use concrete trash cans, but what has the IRA done with firearms since 1997? As far as I remember there was a ceasefire recently but I was under the impression they hadn't been doing much lately, but then again I don't really pay attention to European politics often. Which reminds me of why I brought up Ireland in the first place.

BOMBS.

See I'm not going to argue that your firearm deaths have gone down. No statistics support that. I'm going to argue that your violent crime rate is such that I won't be popping in for tea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...of-Europe.html

Sorry for the misspelling. I assumed Welsh was spelled like a common surname over here.

So what was originally established as an anti-catholic holiday that signaled further oppression of catholic population where they lit effigies of the pope on fire in the beginning has nothing to do with burning Catholics...good to know.
virote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:02 AM   #29
evileye
Senior Member
 
evileye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2,105
evileye has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
When you have verifiable evidence that shows that disarming the populace does NOT reduce the number of gun deaths come back and talk to me.
Mexico?
__________________
We are defined by how we see and interact with others, so others should be defined by how they interact with us.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." - Nietzsche
evileye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:30 AM   #30
dumbass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 4,123
dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by virote View Post
An unarmed police force protects you.

I'm saying you're an island nation whose entire population is only 2x the size of the state of California.

I'm sorry you had to live like that, and contrary to your belief I do realize you folks still use concrete trash cans, but what has the IRA done with firearms since 1997? As far as I remember there was a ceasefire recently but I was under the impression they hadn't been doing much lately, but then again I don't really pay attention to European politics often. Which reminds me of why I brought up Ireland in the first place.

BOMBS.

See I'm not going to argue that your firearm deaths have gone down. No statistics support that. I'm going to argue that your violent crime rate is such that I won't be popping in for tea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...of-Europe.html

Sorry for the misspelling. I assumed Welsh was spelled like a common surname over here.

So what was originally established as an anti-catholic holiday that signaled further oppression of catholic population where they lit effigies of the pope on fire in the beginning has nothing to do with burning Catholics...good to know.
You're going to confuse Plad with this much honest common sense. He's close minded and will never accept it.
__________________
"IT TAKES A DISCIPLINED PERSON TO LISTEN TO THE CONVICTIONS DIFFERENT THAN OUR OWN" Dorothy Fuldheim

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:18 AM.

© Copyright 2005 Evil Empire