Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Computers, Technology & Gaming

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 2.47 average. Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
softessences

softessences has one green dot.  Good for them!

Would not they crash into each other
softessences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #12
puffpuffpass

puffpuffpass has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default duel boot

man you guys are retarded... of course you can run 2 diff software versions.its all a matter of setting up the partitions right on the hard drive and then you can install say windows 7 and windows xp on the same computer. its called "duel boot." whenever u turn on the computer it gives u a choice of which software u would like to run. come on now thats basic shit...dont answer the mans question if u dont know what the hell your talking about!
puffpuffpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #13
big-man

big-man has one green dot.  Good for them!

As puffpuffpass stated, yes you can.
big-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #14
theratsasses

theratsasses has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default ....Just not at the same time

I believe what people are asking is if you can do it at the same time. There are virtual machines you can run, but you have to have a certain amount of expertise.. and, you sort of have to know what your doing if you even want to dual boot the systems. For a fee, I'm sure one of these smart fellas can show you the way.
theratsasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #15
sp420house

sp420house has one green dot.  Good for them!
Cool Two Systems

I have a split partition drive on my pc laptop, Mac lion and Windows 7. I sent my hdd to someone ask them what I want then in 3 days I got my hdd back put it in my laptop then it booted with a setup installing both mac then pc os. They charge $50 for a single and $100 for dual with a hidden back up partition by pressing F3. The only thing is you have to pay them up front. They are really good. They only do up mail orders only. My friend gave me the address.
sp420house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
usmcmem

usmcmem has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default Yes you can run 2 OS on Same PC

You can either have a dual boot partition or run a VM on the machine. However make sure you have enough RAM to run both systems.
usmcmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #17
IHT_PC_REPAIR

IHT_PC_REPAIR has one green dot.  Good for them!

You can have 2 operating systems on one hard drive (ex. windows 7 and win xp). You can boot up to both of them individually but not simultaneously. You can not run two operating systems at the same time. With windows 7 professional has a feature called XP mode which is basically a virtual machine so it is like you are running win 7 and xp at the same time.
IHT_PC_REPAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #18
IHT_PC_REPAIR

IHT_PC_REPAIR has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffpuffpass View Post
man you guys are retarded... of course you can run 2 diff software versions.its all a matter of setting up the partitions right on the hard drive and then you can install say windows 7 and windows xp on the same computer. its called "duel boot." whenever u turn on the computer it gives u a choice of which software u would like to run. come on now thats basic shit...dont answer the mans question if u dont know what the hell your talking about!
dual boot is not the same as running 2 operating systems at the same time simultaneously. Dual boot allows you to be able to choose which OS you would like to boot up to but you can only boot to one at a time. In order to have two operating systems running at the same time you will need some sort of virtual machine or if you are using windows 7 professional it already has a built in virtual machine called XP mode. You boot up to Windows 7 and then run XP mode and it is as if you are running windows 7 and xp at the exact same time

Last edited by IHT_PC_REPAIR; 03-18-2013 at 09:45 PM.
IHT_PC_REPAIR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: