Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Old 02-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #1
dumbass

dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest
Default Code Word "INVESTMENT"

Another Solyndra style of investment where our President attended the opening celebrations has proven to be no more that a damn expensive photo-op for our "INVESTER" in Chief.

What is ironic is that the company, LG Chem. is a South Korean owned company that received both Federal and Michigan State tax money to produce batteries for the "Government Motors" Electric Cars that nobody is other than the Federal Government.

To add to the insult to the taxpayers, the Batteries that GM are using currently are coming primarily from South Korea.

POTUS is true to his beliefs that the taxpayers are too stupid to realize that he and the Government are wasting their money. During his SOTU speech he said he wants to expand programs like this and the Democrats jumped to their feet and applauded as if he had run a 2 Minute mile in the Olympic Games.

I'll just give two links to this fiasco but you can easily find more if you're interested.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcma...e-allegations/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...battery-plant/

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess

Last edited by dumbass; 02-14-2013 at 05:43 AM.
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
Liberty_One

Liberty_One has one green dot.  Good for them!

It's not so much that the people are too stupid, but rather that they are rationally ignorant. Each individual policy and spending program the government passes affects us personally in only a small way. The sugar tariff may increase your grocery bill by twenty cents, which is hardly worth it to investigate the cause or do much of anything about it. Of course, cumulatively all the programs and spending have a significant negative impact on our lives, but because they are so diffuse and affect us in so many different ways, the negative impact of the State goes mostly unnoticed by most people because it just isn't worth their time.
Liberty_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #3
dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty_One View Post
It's not so much that the people are too stupid, but rather that they are rationally ignorant. Each individual policy and spending program the government passes affects us personally in only a small way. The sugar tariff may increase your grocery bill by twenty cents, which is hardly worth it to investigate the cause or do much of anything about it. Of course, cumulatively all the programs and spending have a significant negative impact on our lives, but because they are so diffuse and affect us in so many different ways, the negative impact of the State goes mostly unnoticed by most people because it just isn't worth their time.
I agree with your statement. In keeping with your Sugar comment, one big reason it goes un-noticed is that food and energy are excluded from the statistics that comprise the government inflation numbers. Their reason for the exclusion is that both are to volatile. How's that for logic?

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
Old 02-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
NOLA

NOLA always pays their child support on time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
Another Solyndra style of investment where our President attended the opening celebrations has proven to be no more that a damn expensive photo-op for our "INVESTER" in Chief.

What is ironic is that the company, LG Chem. is a South Korean owned company that received both Federal and Michigan State tax money to produce batteries for the "Government Motors" Electric Cars that nobody is other than the Federal Government.

To add to the insult to the taxpayers, the Batteries that GM are using currently are coming primarily from South Korea.

POTUS is true to his beliefs that the taxpayers are too stupid to realize that he and the Government are wasting their money. During his SOTU speech he said he wants to expand programs like this and the Democrats jumped to their feet and applauded as if he had run a 2 Minute mile in the Olympic Games.

I'll just give two links to this fiasco but you can easily find more if you're interested.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffmcma...e-allegations/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...battery-plant/

The "cells" are made by LG in Korea. The battery packs are made by GM right here in the USA. Do you ever care about the truth of your statements?
Old 02-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
pgh69

pgh69 always pays their child support on time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
The "cells" are made by LG in Korea. The battery packs are made by GM right here in the USA. Do you ever care about the truth of your statements?
I like DA, Hrd, and Steve, but fact checking their posts can be a full-time job! If it's a choice between the actual facts and the "facts" that fit their narrative, they usually choose the latter.

The late, great Roger Ebert
pgh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
hrdguera
Bitch

hrdguera recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh69 View Post
I like DA, Hrd, and Steve, but fact checking their posts can be a full-time job! If it's a choice between the actual facts and the "facts" that fit their narrative, they usually choose the latter.

Ouch.
Most of my posts are opinions that I hold dear.

And one thing I've learned from these boards that anyone can find links (whether factual or not) to agree or disagree with their premises.
It seems to fit the statement (from a TV commercial) that if it is on the Internet it has to be true; yep, They read that too on the internet.

Bonjour.

Last edited by hrdguera; 02-19-2013 at 09:52 AM.
hrdguera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
pgh69

pgh69 always pays their child support on time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdguera View Post
Ouch.
Most of my posts are opinions that I hold dear.

And one thing I've learned from these boards that anyone can find links (whether factual or not) to agree or disagree with their premises.
It seems to fit the statement (from a TV commercial) that if it is on the Internet it has to be true; yep, They read that too on the internet.

Bonjour.
Don't confuse facts and opinions. You are correct that anyone can hold whatever opinions he/she wants to hold. You are also correct that you can find support (ie., other opinions) for just about any opinion. You could also say that different people could draw different conclusions when analyzing the same facts. But, the facts are what they are. And most of the time, it is very easy to verify whether or not the facts being referenced in a post are true.

The late, great Roger Ebert
pgh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #8
dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
Even though you may be correct in saying that GM assembles the individual cells that comprise the "Battery Pack" that is the power source for the Chevy Volt, I don't understand why you would question if I care about the truth of my statements.

If you are saying that the individual cells manufactured by LG Chem are not batteries, you don't have your facts straight. Each individual cell is in and of it's self a battery. These individual batteries (cells) are assembled either in parallel or series to form battery packs.

This can be easily explained by looking at a 2 cell flashlight. Each Cell is a battery and when used in combination with another battery they become a battery pack. That may be an over-simplification but the theory is accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh69 View Post
The explanation above is an "ACTUAL FACT" that doesn't fit your narrative that I have chosen to manufacture my own facts.

Last edited by dumbass; 02-19-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: