Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #11
pgh69

pgh69 always pays their child support on time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
I think his plea deal calls for about 5 years and his wife gets 1 year.

Not bad wages considering he taped his campaign fund for over $750,000.00, at least that was what they found.
Speaking of people who disgrace our respective parties, are you glad to see that Mark Sanford is back? I can't believe he's actually leading the field in a Republican primary for a congressional seat. I love it! I could really get behind a Mark Sanford/Mark Foley ticket in 2016!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...f-forgiveness/

The late, great Roger Ebert
pgh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #12
NOLA

NOLA always pays their child support on time

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh69 View Post
Well said Grad - and very true. The sooner he is gone the better.
A true embarrassment who did the party so much harm last year as an absent Congressman. Would never dream of defending this worm.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #13
GradStdnt

GradStdnt recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
GS - this is slightly off topic but what do you think about the Cleveland Police shootout.

Talk about mob or pack mentality and overkill. DAMN!!!
I worked a while at Metro a few years back and got to know a lot of police officers in that district. Cops are a little trigger happy these days. They truly never know what to expect on a routine traffic stop. If a person shoots at a cop...they should expect a return fire. A very good cop friend of ours...just completed FBI training at 40!! He says the FBI is safer than working the streets these days. I think with the C & C's issued....if a cop feels threatened then by all means protect yourself. I think we will see a "zero tolerance" for stupidity. Do you blame them? I would hate to be a cop now.
GradStdnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #14
GradStdnt

GradStdnt recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh69 View Post
Speaking of people who disgrace our respective parties, are you glad to see that Mark Sanford is back? I can't believe he's actually leading the field in a Republican primary for a congressional seat. I love it! I could really get behind a Mark Sanford/Mark Foley ticket in 2016!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...f-forgiveness/
He is a big wus!! I remember that guy!! Perfect candidate. I still think Ted Nugent should run on the GOP ticket as well. Sanford/Nugent...perfect!!
GradStdnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
dumbass

dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradStdnt View Post
I worked a while at Metro a few years back and got to know a lot of police officers in that district. Cops are a little trigger happy these days. They truly never know what to expect on a routine traffic stop. If a person shoots at a cop...they should expect a return fire. A very good cop friend of ours...just completed FBI training at 40!! He says the FBI is safer than working the streets these days. I think with the C & C's issued....if a cop feels threatened then by all means protect yourself. I think we will see a "zero tolerance" for stupidity. Do you blame them? I would hate to be a cop now.
No, I don't blame the cops but the AG sure as hell does. If the two that ended up dead had just pulled over and done what they were told to do they'd still be alive. There was a female parking lot attendant downtown where the first gunshot was heard that said when she heard it she went down to the ground and froze. Do you really believe it was a car backfiring. It's damn hard to get a car to backfire with the new electronic ignitions.

The fault lies in the pack mentality. Supervisors were not in control of the situation and when the first shot was fired after they stopped things just went crazy. It's surprising that there weren't some cops shot in the crossfire.

Unfortunately there will be some heads that roll but I'd bet that the ranking cops (supervisors) skate on this.

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: