Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average. Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #11
Liberty_One

Liberty_One has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
Explain to me please how government causes people to be denied health care coverage?
The various states and the federal government impose a myriad amount of regulations which dictate how the entire health care industry functions, from pharmaceutical firms, medical device firms, hospitals, doctors, insurance firms and anyone else associated with health care. Additionally there is billions of dollars in state and federal money that pours into the health care system--often times with strings attached. The State controls the health care system, either directly via regulation or indirectly via funding with conditions. All the negatives that you see cannot be ascribed to anything other than the State. We need less government and more freedom in order to improve things.
Liberty_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #12
NOLA

NOLA always pays their child support on time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty_One View Post
The various states and the federal government impose a myriad amount of regulations which dictate how the entire health care industry functions, from pharmaceutical firms, medical device firms, hospitals, doctors, insurance firms and anyone else associated with health care. Additionally there is billions of dollars in state and federal money that pours into the health care system--often times with strings attached. The State controls the health care system, either directly via regulation or indirectly via funding with conditions. All the negatives that you see cannot be ascribed to anything other than the State. We need less government and more freedom in order to improve things.
Again please explain to me how the government causes people to be DENIED health care coverage?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #13
GradStdnt

GradStdnt recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Neither of these would help at all because neither addresses the root cause of the problems we have with our health care system: government intervention. All they would do is make things worse by intervening in yet more ways. Government is the problem and the solution is to get rid of as much government as possible.
I guess that Medicare is a big failure then......Who would have thought that we would be living into our 90's!!
GradStdnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #14
Sapphire

Sapphire recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Neither of these would help at all because neither addresses the root cause of the problems we have with our health care system: government intervention. All they would do is make things worse by intervening in yet more ways. Government is the problem and the solution is to get rid of as much government as possible.
Good post. And you're right about BIG government.

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears Godís words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.Ē
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

"I will not dignify an accusation or a mocker with a reply." - Sapphire
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #15
Liberty_One

Quote:
Again please explain to me how the government causes people to be DENIED health care coverage?
I already said so below. The State controls the entire system. People are denied health insurance because the State has set it up so that insurance firms have no incentive to cover them. This is because they are not allowed to properly group risks into pools and they are forced to cover health conditions instead of health risks, the way insurance is supposed to work.

Of course this whole problem is caused mainly because health care is so expensive in the first place. This is entirely the fault of the State. The State puts limitations on all parts of the health care sector creating artificial shortages that drive up prices.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #16
Liberty_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradStdnt View Post
I guess that Medicare is a big failure then......Who would have thought that we would be living into our 90's!!
Medicare is a terrible failure. The State is bribing you with your own money! Don't fall for it!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #17
dumbass

dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
My 80 year old brother-in law is on Medi-Care. His family was informed three days ago that he had 4 more days of hospital care after which they were on heir own. Would that be considered being denied coverage?

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #18
virote

virote recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
My 80 year old brother-in law is on Medi-Care. His family was informed three days ago that he had 4 more days of hospital care after which they were on heir own. Would that be considered being denied coverage?
No that's a plan limitation to original medicare that all beneficiaries of part A face.

A denial is being refused any healthcare privately because a connective tissue disorder can cause skeletal, ocular, muscle and vascular problems - You don't qualify for Medicaid, and your employer offers no benefits. That is healthcare denial and I've lived it.
virote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #19
dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by virote View Post
No that's a plan limitation to original medicare that all beneficiaries of part A face.

A denial is being refused any healthcare privately because a connective tissue disorder can cause skeletal, ocular, muscle and vascular problems - You don't qualify for Medicaid, and your employer offers no benefits. That is healthcare denial and I've lived it.
Just askin'. I think I remember, way back when, you saying you were covered by TriCare or is my memory not accurate?

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess
Old 02-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #20
dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by virote View Post
I really didn't matter after all because he passed away with a 1 day cushion.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: