Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Religion & Philosophy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 340 votes, 4.58 average. Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #6861
Sapphire

Sapphire recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Isaiah 61
[ The Good News of Salvation ] “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”

-

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

"I will not dignify an accusation or a mocker with a reply." - Sapphire
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #6862
salem666
Scrota

salem666 has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
Isaiah 61
[ The Good News of Salvation ] “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”

-
Praise the Lord. Amen dyn pren!
salem666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #6863
emilynghiem

emilynghiem has one green dot.  Good for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
Isaiah 61

Charity is the greatest love of all.
And forgiveness is the greatest act of Charity.
emilynghiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #6864
Sapphire

Romans 6:15-23

New King James Version

From Slaves of Sin to Slaves of God

15. What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16. Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness? 17. But God be thanked that though you were slaves of sin, yet you obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine to which you were delivered. 18. And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19. I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.
20. For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21. What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 22. But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life. 23. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

-

John 8:47 - "He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”
-
"True Believers never, ever seek the support of any atheist or unbeliever's interpretation of truth." - Sapphire

Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 AM   #6865
Sapphire

Default Wisdom Hunters - Strong And Mighty

Strong And Mighty

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. (Ephesians 6:10)

A body fails for lack of strength, but the human spirit is sustained by strength in God. Yes, God our Savior takes us from strength to strength. His strength gives spiritual discernment to dismiss temporal taunts of discouragement and provides insight to embrace eternal encouragement. Yes, the world offers weakness. Guilt and shame from sinful activity is exhausting, but prayer and perseverance in righteousness are rejuvenating. God’s strength gives focus to walk in wise ways.

Have the wiles of the devil worn you down? Has uncertainty rattled your faith? If so, lean into the Lord and tap into His everlasting strength. Belief in Him will get you through another day and He will arm you with courage to face future temptations. Jesus gives you enough strength for today and you can still trust Him with the cares of tomorrow. Hope in the Lord will renew your strength. Like an IV tube channels liquid nutrients to the body, so hope gives stamina to the soul.

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

Those in power succeed well when they depend on Divine power for their success. His mighty power gives us wisdom to know the best decisions to make. His mighty power delivers us from disease and gives us determination to overcome injustice. His mighty power empowers us with inner energy to toil on when we are tired and say no to sin when we are tempted. Indeed, God’s tower of power suffers no outages, it's live 100% of the time! He gives us power to share Jesus.

Therefore, as a child of God you are not powerless, but you are empowered by your heavenly Father to be strong in Him. Satan shudders when he sees you in quiet contemplation with Jesus. The enemy knows his deceit and lies are exposed under the powerful light of the Lord. Wise are you to let your weakness become the Lord’s strength. Smart are you to submit your strengths to your Savior, so they are powered by His Holy Spirit. Yes, strong and mighty are you in Christ!

I [Paul] pray you will know his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead. (Ephesians 1:19-20)

Prayer: Heavenly Father you are my strength and shield. Thanks for empowering me for You.

Related Readings: Psalm 27:14; Haggai 2:4; Acts 2:24; 1 Corinthians 16:13; Colossians 1:29

-

-

Old 03-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #6866
Sapphire

The Eternal Word

1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. He was in the beginning with God. 3. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

John’s Witness: The True Light

6. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
10. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13. who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

The Word Becomes Flesh

14. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
15. John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’”
16. And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18. No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

-

-

Old 03-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #6867
Sapphire

Default Wisdom Hunters - Satanic Schemes

Satanic Schemes

Take your stand against the devil’s schemes. (Ephesians 6:11)

Busyness is a compelling strategy of Satan’s. He knows if he can lead believers in Jesus to be perpetually busy for Jesus, prayer is postponed. A schedule with no time for solitude is not sustainable over time. So, the devil and his demons get in the head of sincere Christians and have them heading in 14 different directions. A chronically active servant of Christ is spiritually impotent compared to a focused, contemplative child of God. Too B U S Y is Being Under Satan’s Yoke!

Pride is another preferred tactic of the devil. He wants us to think we can out smart the Lord. So he whispers in our mind, “What has God really said?” “Aren’t you an exception to Christ’s expectations?” Pride dismisses prayer as impractical and wills its way into getting its way. The enemy understands that God distances Himself from the proud, but He is drawn to the humble. Thus, we deflate our ego by deflecting praise of man back to God. We glory in the glory of God!

Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’ ”Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him. (Matthew 4:10-11)

Fear is a favorite scheme of Satan. He knows that fear and faith cannot coexist, so a fear-based believer is stuck in a scary cycle of infant belief. Just as a child fears the dark and is frantic, so an immature faith is paralyzed and threatened. Fear immobilizes your confidence, but intimacy with your Heavenly Father flushes out fear and replaces it with faith. The dark side of the devil’s domain has no dominion over you. Worship and praise the name of Jesus and Satan flees in fear!

Lastly, call the devil’s bluff with your bold belief in God’s grace and protection. He cannot do anything that your Heavenly Father doesn’t first allow. However, don’t test the Lord by dabbling with temptation and giving Satan a foothold in your faith. What you tolerate in moderation the enemy will escalate to excess. So, fear God and fear of the enemy will evaporate. Be diligent to feast on God’s word and fast from the devil’s delicacies. Above all else, rest in the palm of your Heavenly Father’s hand; there you are safe from satanic schemes. In Christ, you overcome evil!

The word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one. (1 John 2:14)

Prayer: Heavenly Father I rest in the palm of Your hand and I trust in Your protection. In Jesus' Name. Amen!

Related Readings: Genesis 3:1; Job 1:12; John 10:28-30; Ephesians 4:27; 1 Timothy 4:1

-

-

Old 03-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #6868
Sapphire

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

New King James Version

9. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10. and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12. that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

-

-

Old 03-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #6869
fbalbfst55

fbalbfst55 has one green dot.  Good for them!
Default 319hwhgfy Article Story

Pdmjqdpkdu Hrdhhuz Tnpcgdo sleep disorder cure Tgnilkxiz Btbtawgv Uuvcexorzj http://sleepdisorder.webs.com
Bxlzekjrn Nlohkpcb Kuvjnue snoring remedies treatment Tigyotxueq Yasvvtfhs Ogbrops http://snoringremedies26.webs.com
Uzpokdmat Vrnripqa Hiwqugc obstructive sleep apnea Neqskettk Wgmygkt Irohlhr http://obstructivesleepapnea.webs.com
Zghweinjy Cnxxpsk Efpebev my snoring solution Bqqclwmvz Dnjuzozk Vjsxddnqvc http://mysnoringsolution.webs.com
Mndadzwpip Qigiruru Ocypqdxayk how to sleep well remedy Eulhpjnohh Tuhetgklu Kconlvu http://howtosleepwell.webs.com
fbalbfst55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #6870
Sapphire

Default An abomination

Deuteronomy 22:5

New King James Version

5. “A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman’s garment, for all who do so are an abomination to the Lord your God."

-

-

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: