Go Back   Evil Empire Forums > Politics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #51
dumbass

dumbass recently placed 2nd in a local hot wings-eating contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
Wow! Seriously?
Yes, seriously. It didn't happen. Seriously!! Alinsky: Say something often enough and the masses will believe it. Their Kool-Aid dispenser is working well. Both may have uttered the word terror but stopped way short of saying the incident was an act of terror. Thereafter, both were stuck on blaming that damn movie for days and days. Hell, the poor bastard that made the movie is still in jail for, of all things, probation violation because the AG's office said he used a computer.

I have to ask as you've asked me: "Do you ever care about the truth of your statements?"

Read the timeline. Again, I'll give you the link to FactCheck that has been historically revered for their accuracy by the progressives on here.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess

Last edited by dumbass; 02-25-2013 at 07:15 AM.
dumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #52
pgh69

pgh69 always pays their child support on time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
I have to ask as you've asked me: "Do you ever care about the truth of your statements?"
I have to ask you, did you even read your link?

You said:

Quote:
Yes, seriously. It didn't happen. Seriously!! Alinsky: Say something often enough and the masses will believe it. Their Kool-Aid dispenser is working well. Both may have uttered the word terror but stopped way short of saying the incident was an act of terror.
This is taken directly from your link:
Sept. 12: Obama delivers a morning speech in the Rose Garden to address the deaths of U.S. diplomats in Libya. He said, “No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.” He also makes reference to the anti-Muslim video when he says: “Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None.” He uses the term “act of terror” later that night when talking about the attack at a campaign event in Las Vegas.

I think you owe NOLA an apology.

The late, great Roger Ebert
pgh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #53
dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh69 View Post
I have to ask you, did you even read your link?
Yes I did.

Quote:
You said:

This is taken directly from your link:
Sept. 12: Obama delivers a morning speech in the Rose Garden to address the deaths of U.S. diplomats in Libya. He said, “No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.”

Yes. That is true but let me post three paragraphs directly from the text of The Rose Garden Speech given on the morning of 9/11/2012 that include the statement you quoted above as opposed to a few select words taken out of context.

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

http://www.forextv.com/forex-news-st...enghazi-attack

Where in that direct quote from The Rose Garden Speech did Obama BLAME TERRORISTS" for the attack in Benghazi?

Quote:
He also makes reference to the anti-Muslim video when he says: “Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None.”
When referencing the movie that he repeatedly referred to as being the cause of the Benghazi attack, he didn't say it was an act of terror. He called it "this type of senseless violence".

Quote:
He uses the term “act of terror” later that night when talking about the attack at a campaign event in Las Vegas.
Yes he did use the term "act of terror" but and he also used the term "violence". He didn't say that the attack at Benghazi "WAS" an act of terror nor did he "blame terrorists"

In addition to all of that Obama did an interview for "60 Minutes" right after the Rose Garden speech. A portion of that interview follows where Obama himself admitted that he avoided the use of the word "TERRORISM" in reference to the Benghazi attack.

Kroft: Mr. President, this morning you went out of your way to avoid the use of the word terrorism in connection with the Libya attack.

Obama: Right.

Kroft: Do you believe that this was a terrorist attack?

Obama: Well, it’s too early to know exactly how this came about, what group was involved, but obviously it was an attack on Americans and we are going to be working with the Libyan government to make sure that we bring these folks to justice one way or the other.

If Obama had bothered to talk to the DOD, CIA, DOI, or The Joint Chiefs of Staff he would have known that the department heads had all known within hours of the beginning of the incident that the Benghazi attack was indeed a terrorist attack but he didn’t do that. He was obviously too engrossed in his campaign to be engaged in the duties of the presidency.

I can give damn near a full page of links to confirm the above but at some point it just becomes redundant.

Now I'll ask you, do you prescribe to the same elements of truth that you so pompously accused others of disregarding when you said:

Quote:
I like DA, Hrd, and Steve, but fact checking their posts can be a full-time job! If it's a choice between the actual facts and the "facts" that fit their narrative, they usually choose the latter.
and:

Quote:
Don't confuse facts and opinions. You are correct that anyone can hold whatever opinions he/she wants to hold. You are also correct that you can find support (ie., other opinions) for just about any opinion. You could also say that different people could draw different conclusions when analyzing the same facts. But, the facts are what they are. And most of the time, it is very easy to verify whether or not the facts being referenced in a post are true.
The fact is that Obama went to great lengths to avoid calling or labeling the Benghazi Attack an Act of Terrorism and he admitted it. He also did that while he continued for some 14 days, reiterating the false story (THE LIE) about that damn movie. To use your own words "Facts are what they are" and those are the facts.

Quote:
I think you owe NOLA an apology.
Sorry. I don‘t agree.

"BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DON'T MATTER AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON'T MIND." Dr. Suess

Last edited by dumbass; 02-26-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #54
NOLA

NOLA always pays their child support on time

Quote:
Yes I did.

Yes. That is true but let me post three paragraphs directly from the text of The Rose Garden Speech given on the morning of 9/11/2012 that include the statement you quoted above as opposed to a few select words taken out of context.

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."

http://www.forextv.com/forex-news-st...enghazi-attack

Where in that direct quote from The Rose Garden Speech did Obama BLAME TERRORISTS" for the attack in Benghazi?

When referencing the movie that he repeatedly referred to as being the cause of the Benghazi attack, he didn't say it was an act of terror. He called it "this type of senseless violence".

Yes he did use the term "act of terror" but and he also used the term "violence". He didn't say that the attack at Benghazi "WAS" an act of terror nor did he "blame terrorists"

In addition to all of that Obama did an interview for "60 Minutes" right after the Rose Garden speech. A portion of that interview follows where Obama himself admitted that he avoided the use of the word "TERRORISM" in reference to the Benghazi attack.

Kroft: Mr. President, this morning you went out of your way to avoid the use of the word terrorism in connection with the Libya attack.

Obama: Right.

Kroft: Do you believe that this was a terrorist attack?

Obama: Well, it’s too early to know exactly how this came about, what group was involved, but obviously it was an attack on Americans and we are going to be working with the Libyan government to make sure that we bring these folks to justice one way or the other.

If Obama had bothered to talk to the DOD, CIA, DOI, or The Joint Chiefs of Staff he would have known that the department heads had all known within hours of the beginning of the incident that the Benghazi attack was indeed a terrorist attack but he didn’t do that. He was obviously too engrossed in his campaign to be engaged in the duties of the presidency.

I can give damn near a full page of links to confirm the above but at some point it just becomes redundant.

Now I'll ask you, do you prescribe to the same elements of truth that you so pompously accused others of disregarding when you said:

and:

The fact is that Obama went to great lengths to avoid calling or labeling the Benghazi Attack an Act of Terrorism and he admitted it. He also did that while he continued for some 14 days, reiterating the false story (THE LIE) about that damn movie. To use your own words "Facts are what they are" and those are the facts.

Sorry. I don‘t agree.
Act of terror act of terrorism geeze word splitting has become an art form. We will go to any lengths to find fault. He never continued a " lie " he only made the " horrible " mistake of wanting to wait for all of the best information. This is such a sad tired argument.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:31 AM   #55
dumbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
Act of terror act of terrorism geeze word splitting has become an art form. We will go to any lengths to find fault. He never continued a " lie " he only made the " horrible " mistake of wanting to wait for all of the best information. This is such a sad tired argument.
Steve Kroft of 60 minutes fame, who is definitely in the tank for Obama, obviously even agreed that he didn't call, label, reference the Benghazi attack terrorism when he said to Obama that he "went out of your way to avoid the use of the word terrorism in connection with the Libya attack.". This is not about splitting hairs or semantics. He made that statement during an interview that took place right after the Rose Garden Speech of 09/12/2012. Obama's response was "RIGHT". Most people would interpret that to mean that Obama agreed with the fact that he avoided the term TERRORISM. If there is some progressive interpretation other that that please edify this dumbass conservative.

For the record, I consider both of the terms, "ACT of TERROR" or An "ACT OF TERRORISM" to be somewhat synonymous.

This is all about the fact that his Department Heads all knew, within a couple of hours, that the Benghazi attack was preplanned, well organized, not a demonstration that got out of hand, had no connection to that damn movie but most importantly Obama knew that it had a very real possibility to be detrimental to his image and his campaign. SO HE LIED and HE CONTINUED TO LIE FOR 14 DAYS after which he stonewalled inquiries followed by an unsuccessful efforts to cover up his lies. Make no mistake, all of this is factual.

What is "sad and tired" is the president of the United States has demonstrated again that he can lie with a straight face and the masses are gullible enough to either buy into the lies or stupid enough to cover for him by saying it was a mistake. He could have had "the best information" if he had been engaged is his job as much as he was in his campaign. Ignorance is no excuse for the president. He has access to as much information as he wants. The key word there being "WANTS". DAMN!!!

If you want more documentation let me know or GOGGLE it yourself. There is enough out there from a large number of different sources to keep you reading, literally, for hours.

Last edited by dumbass; 02-27-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: